Full image of the xbox 360!

Dr Evil said:
fossman said:
Design looks naff, controllers also naff, why put the anologue sticks in them positions.
Because that is a better position for them, playing fps game on dual shock is pain in the ass. I'm sure Sony will change the layout for PS3.

Why don't they just let people connect keyboards and mice to the console then and evangelize keyboard and mice support in FPS games for the console then?

They should do that anyways and get a port of AOE3 for the Xbox360.

wco81 said:
Dr Evil said:
fossman said:
Design looks naff, controllers also naff, why put the anologue sticks in them positions.
Because that is a better position for them, playing fps game on dual shock is pain in the ass. I'm sure Sony will change the layout for PS3.

Why don't they just let people connect keyboards and mice to the console then and evangelize keyboard and mice support in FPS games for the console then?

They should do that anyways and get a port of AOE3 for the Xbox360.

I rather play with pad, eventhough it's not as accurate, it just feels better. Ofcourse I wouldn't mind if the option to hook up keyboard and mouse was available.

I suspect the '1' '2' '3' and '4' on the Xbox360 button references the 4 individual lights that make up the 'X'.

The plug looks like it will serve 2 purposes: 1) charging/data cable when power is low 2) connecting a cheap wired headset for those that don't want the wireless headset.

On the remote I suspect it doesn't support recording. Though I can't read the text under the 'A' 'B' 'X' 'Y' buttons. Doesn't make sense for the red 'B' to be a record button. You would think a record button would be near the other DVD control buttons.

I'm still not sure what I think about the whole design. Kinda anticlimatic. I don't think it looks hideous like some here. However, I was hoping for just a slightly smaller design. Maybe the unit is not as deep as the others? Shrug

I mostly curious about backward compatibility and the configuration of the hard drive. I'd still like it to have an iPod-like portable hard drive as I still don't own a MP3/jukebox portable player.

Tommy McClain

AzBat said:
I suspect the '1' '2' '3' and '4' on the Xbox360 button references the 4 individual lights that make up the 'X'.

I think it shows which controller is which, since they are wireless it's harder to tell.

Does this mean XB360 is limited to four players per console? Probably not a major concern as I've never known more than four player want to play on a console at a time, but certainly PS2 can handle 8 players at a time. Maybe that's just overkill?

With respect to the demensions that were posted here earlier (the image posted by Berserk). They seem pretty close, but I tend to wonder if they are an estimate. My (admittedly rough) examination of the original image puts the height at almost exactly 4 times the width, which would make it a bit taller than the specs posted indicate.

For additional comparison purposes, the average human skull is about 5.5 to 6 inches across, and the (original) xbox controller (atleast according to usenet) is around 6.5 inches wide. If we consider that the new controller is probably a bit smaller than the original xbox one, and also factor in the size of the mannequin head, the dimensions posted appear to atleast be in the right ballpark.

Nite_Hawk

Shifty Geezer said:
Does this mean XB360 is limited to four players per console? Probably not a major concern as I've never known more than four player want to play on a console at a time, but certainly PS2 can handle 8 players at a time. Maybe that's just overkill?

From what I've heard, Xbox360 will "only" support 4 players per console.

4 players on a single tv screen makes sense for 99% of the games. There's that one game (Hi-Ten Bomberman) that can benefit 10 players though. :p

Yeah, in all honesty, 4 really is enough. I'm sure enterprising developers can figure out ways to get more than that if they REALLY want, but yeah.

Back