Full image of the xbox 360!

if that dvd tray is actuall size (and not bigger black then a dvd tray) then I must say that controller is very small!

there is something wrong with the size.. and i dont know what exactly

i think it will have the size of a office destop pc (the ones you put under your monitor) and no not those big boxes of 6 years ago but those smaller ones

edit: found a pic

Second_Hand_PC___DELL_Optiplex_GX150_PIII733_Or_866_Or_1000Mhz.jpg

Is it just me, or is that a "1, 2, 3, and 4" surrounding the Xbox logo/sphere? From what I heard, the sphere it self is some kind of button (maybe XBL?). But it seems it's four additional button?

All this talk and leak about 360, I'm longer as excited about it's official unveiling as I was when OC first started. And now more excited about what Sony got up their sleeves. Is it just me?

- Z

i think most people are like that. Sony and Nintendo have this air of mystery around their consoles since most people dont know anything about em. Plus the render and the real pic we see here are exactly the same so a "wow" impact wasnt even there. show us some games now :)

that actually seems to be quite a good indication of the size. It does seem to be a bit smaller.

Kill_Jade said:
i think most people are like that. Sony and Nintendo have this air of mystery around their consoles since most people dont know anything about em. Plus the render and the real pic we see here are exactly the same so a "wow" impact wasnt even there. show us some games now :)

Yeah, now we just want to see what the games look like now :)

Draikin said:
MAN but I hate setups like the one that person has though. I would never set up my AV equip like that.

what's wrong with it ?
here's my room: http://minstrum.free.fr/xbox_pc.jpg
I actually used the size calculated with the dvd tray size from the renders.

Sorry Draikin, I wasn't trying to get personal or anything - I just prefer all of my computer stuff to look as little like a computer setup as possible. But putting that original shot within the context of your entire room, it's a little better. :)

Still, there must be somewhere better for that XBox to go than on top of your bed. ;)

Plus I'm a very 'subwoofers on the floor' type of guy, as inconsequential as that may sound.

Looking at it next to the ps2 its much sleaker and much better looking . I hate that indentations on the ps2 crap going on .

I don't see whats to complain about ? except mabye the concave part

I am very happy if that is the size. I was expecting something the same size or bigger than the original Xbox. I could careless how it looks my PC was the ugliest thing ever with a squirl cage sticking out of the side for extra cooling. The only thing I am confused on is were are the controller ports. I could be blind or confused but I hope that wireless is not the only controller option. Besides sucking through batterys I have always had bad luck with wireless controllers. From either people or animals getting in the way of the signal and screwing up my game. Or worse yet sometime I get in a bad habit of moving the controller around alot when I play. When I have used wireless in the past I loose control because I would have the controller pointing up or in some other direction that would cause it to loose signal.

(My B3D a/c died when I tried to change my email. So I'm back under a new a/c.)

hey69 said:
if that dvd tray is actuall size (and not bigger black then a dvd tray) then I must say that controller is very small!

there is something wrong with the size.. and i dont know what exactly

Yes you are absolutely correct. We were using the size of the disc tray as an estimate for the actual size. That needs to be adjusted now. I only realized it after observing the relative sizes of the unit vs. other objects in the same picture.

Anyone can conduct this verification - the width required to place 2 memory card slots ~= width of a disc.

Now look at the picture and compare sizes of the tray vs. the objects and slots - see how hugh the black strip is!

The disc tray is in the middle of the strip - only the middle slides out upon pressing the eject button. The entire strip is much longer.

With this new consideration as an estimate for actual size, the height of a X360 unit is >= 5cm of a PS2 unit.

quest55720 said:
I am very happy if that is the size. I was expecting something the same size or bigger than the original Xbox. I could careless how it looks my PC was the ugliest thing ever with a squirl cage sticking out of the side for extra cooling. The only thing I am confused on is were are the controller ports. I could be blind or confused but I hope that wireless is not the only controller option. Besides sucking through batterys I have always had bad luck with wireless controllers. From either people or animals getting in the way of the signal and screwing up my game. Or worse yet sometime I get in a bad habit of moving the controller around alot when I play. When I have used wireless in the past I loose control because I would have the controller pointing up or in some other direction that would cause it to loose signal.

Do yourself a favor and try the wave birds . you can controll through a wall if you want

I's so ugly it's embarrassing.
I feel sorry for M$, how they can't see how fugly is it?
Someone at Microsoft needs some lessons of industrial design.
Furtunately it's packed with very advanced hw ;)

Are people actually that surprise about the design? I mean for crying out loud, MS are unveiling the console on MTV. Around a bunch of celebs saying how "awsome" the system is. Heck, if the face plates are indeed for real, I wouln't be shock if they release an NSync or Bling Bling edition. :D :LOL: :devilish:

But I just wish they should've at least take note of this color: http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20031007/sony02.jpg

- Z

Inane_Dork said:
nAo said:
I's so ugly it's embarrassing.
If you say so. ;) :p
Well, that's just my subjective opinion, I don't want to persuade anyone 8)
It's better than first XBOX but it lacks direction, even the pad doesn't seem to fit with the main unit design.

Back