What are you playing now? [2023]

Finished The Callisto protocol on PC (free EPIC games giveaway).
The game has occasional hiccups, great graphics, gameplay mechanics are almost non-existent , too similar to Dead Space.
The game loading is blistering fast, IMO faster than PS5.

I thought Dead Space had great gameplay
I did not wish to imply Dead Space did not have good/great gameplay.

In TCP , there is only the lean left/right mechanic, it gets one through the initial no gun phase, gun phase, normal enemies and boss fights, the usage is necessary and the animations are basically same.
Similarity is story wise, desolate setting, protagonist arrival, cult machinations, infestation, stomping, spider like monsters with appendages.
UI, etc.

Dead Space (original, haven't played the new one), had great atmosphere , this by the same people not so much.

I really enjoy Space Marine 2. It reminds me about the "ol days" from the Xbox 360 area. A straight forward action game, with simple but satisfying mechanics and moment to moment game play. Campaign, PVE and PVP mode. It just works for me and is great. Shows me again, what games I personally really like and that less and less of these are made nowadays.

This game is in my opinion also interesting from another perspective. It is my personal opinion that it clearly shows the massive brain drain that must (have) happen in the games industry in the last decade/years. The online systems this game provides are (a bit exaggarated) from PS2 area it seems. The makers of the online/match making/server system are clearly not experienced and have no expertise in what is currently accepted state of the art in online gaming. These persons are new to their job. Even more astounding overall, as the company itself has published games with online functionality alreay. It is missing so many QoL features that it is indeed baffiling how a modern gaming company manages to release it like this. It is working, do not get me wrong, but it feels like software from the stone age :)

Still banging away at The First Decendant. Kind of gave up on Harold Halibut, I think that is a perfect deck\ally\go game.

Got quite a way into Star Wars Outlaws but then just kind of ran out of steam. It just seems to be missing whatever magic that I find so enthralling with other openworld Ubi games e.g. Avatar, AC, FarCry etc.

Back