• Test Drive Unlimited: Solar Crown
  • Towers of Aghasba
  • Until Dawn
  • Warframe
  • War Thunder
  • Wolverine
  • World of Warships: Legends
+ vr: Kayak vr and Cyube
Was there any discussion around un-patched games getting any sorts of boosts?

I wonder if the 28% higher bandwidth will be a bigger deal to framerates than some people think despite the same CPU? If actual resolutions wont increase that much the CPU is going to be more fed.
I agree. And Sony said the increase will be actually higher compared to PS5 bandwidth, somehow, and we have no reasons not to believe them.

Reactions: snc
PSSR probably requires a lot of bandwidth. You guys are looking for hardware power that just isn't there.
Maybe but only during 2ms out of 16.7ms. And they'll likely reduce that cost over time, while improving the results. Because AI upscaling has a lot of headroom for improvements and optimizations due to its nature.

Maybe but only during 2ms out of 16.7ms. And they'll likely reduce that cost over time, while improving the results. Because AI upscaling has a lot of headroom for improvements and optimizations due to its nature.
Mark Cerny chose his words very carefully. "Up to 45% faster." Best case is 45% faster. It wasn't a coincidence he didn't spend much time on hardware specs and performance. You can be sure there would be a focus on any dramatic improvements in performance or efficiency if it existed in this console.

Last edited:
Mark Cerny chose his words very carefully. "Up to 45% faster." Best case is 45% faster. It wasn't a coincidence he spend much time on hardware specs and performance. You can be sure there would be a focus on any dramatic improvements in performance or efficiency if it existed in this console.
Moving the goalpost I see

Sadly the exception is DMC 5, it never got RT on PC. Hope they don't repeat the same shitty decision they made back then.
Would not put it past Capcom. I've been trying to get some answers about whether this will come to PC or not, but nothing seems to be confirmed yet. As for the improvement.. damn nice I'd say.

Do you mean is there any detailed info ? Dont think so
Finally got something

This show more thing is bullshit. Is this new? I’ve never seen it on an embedded tweet before. I’ve never seen it like that on Twitter period.

Quote:
PS5 Pro has a function called "Game Boost". Even if it is not a PS5 Pro compatible version, if the game uses a variable refresh rate or variable resolution, it will be able to be displayed more stably even if it is set to a high setting. However, in the case of games that are fixed at 30 FPS, it cannot be supported unless it is unlocked."

So looks like patch required. Can’t do driver side hacks.

Makes sense, more or less falls in with last gen pro models. Though it’s an improvement over 4pro. This actually falls in line with what X1X did when released.

Last edited:
Finally got something

This show more thing is bullshit. Is this new? I’ve never seen it on an embedded tweet before. I’ve never seen it like that on Twitter period.

Quote:
PS5 Pro has a function called "Game Boost". Even if it is not a PS5 Pro compatible version, if the game uses a variable refresh rate or variable resolution, it will be able to be displayed more stably even if it is set to a high setting. However, in the case of games that are fixed at 30 FPS, it cannot be supported unless it is unlocked."

So looks like patch required. Can’t do driver side hacks.

Makes sense, more or less falls in with last gen pro models.
On PS5 I can count those games with the fingers of one hand. Incredible that even Sony execs are gaslighted by their competitor's narrative.

And yeah you can count on GTA6 to have a mode targeting 60fps. When was the last time a game targeting 30fps was released on PS5? 2022?

30fps is dead on Playstation and Cerny officialized it. Devs would be suicidal to release their games (on PS5 Pro) without a 60fps mode.

Devs would be suicidal to release their games (on PS5 Pro) without a 60fps mode.
Hyperbolic much? :p How many sales would a desirable game actually lose for being 30fps on PS5 with no Pro improvement? You'd lose a subset of Pro owners from a subset of PS5 players. Hardly suicide!

But yeah, no need these days to force a cap. Unless Nintendo releasing LoZ:EoW...

Honestly, I'm fine with a 30 fps game, as long as what the game does justifies it. But seeing Gotham knights running at 30 fps for CPU limitations?

That's a bit less acceptable.

On PS5 I can count those games with the fingers of one hand. Incredible that even Sony execs are gaslighted by their competitor's narrative.

And yeah you can count on GTA6 to have a mode targeting 60fps. When was the last time a game targeting 30fps was released on PS5? 2022?

30fps is dead on Playstation and Cerny officialized it. Devs would be suicidal to release their games (on PS5 Pro) without a 60fps mode.
Kingdom Come: Deliverance 2 will be 30fps on consoles

Back