PS5 Pro *spawn

I just want to reiterate that that my goal is to understand the compute requirements for an upscaler of DLSS quality
To understand the compute requirements find the weakest nvidia chip that supports dlss.
I found this https://www.techpowerup.com/gpu-specs/geforce-rtx-2050-max-q.c4012
"Each Tensor Core can perform up to 64 floating point fused multiply-add (FMA)
operations per clock using FP16 inputs. Eight Tensor Cores in an SM perform a total of 512 FP16
multiply and accumulate operations per clock, or 1024 total FP operations per clock. The new
INT8 precision mode works at double this rate, or 2048 integer operations per clock"
From Nvidia turing Whitepaper

2050 max-q has ampere architecture, which doubled the computational capabilities of tensor cores, but their number per SM decreased from 8 to 4. Therefore, the final numbers have not changed in comparison with turing (unless of course sparsity mode is used).
16(sm)*2048(Number of operations per sm)*1700(boost clock)=55 705 600 or 56tops
This is the theoretical maximum int8 bandwidth of the weakest NV chip that supports dlss. In reality, such numbers will never happen
Again these numbers are given to understand very approximate requirements. As already written here, tensor cores are not limited by their performance, they are limited by memory and access to it(Otherwise we would see a strong decrease in execution time with rtx 4000, but it is not happening)
Does it have lower precision accumulation than "native" INT8 hardware?
Check Digital foundry video when comparing dp4a xess and hardware xess via XMX. Problem isn't accuracy, it's speed

Last edited:
Current list of enhanced pro games from reddit
  • Alan Wake 2
  • Assassin’s Creed Shadows
  • The Callisto Protocol
  • The Crew Motorfest
  • Demon’s Souls
  • Dragon Age: The Veilguard
  • Dragon’s Dogma 2
  • Dynasty Warriors: Origins
  • EA Sports College Football 25
  • EA Sports FC 25
  • Empire of the Ants
  • Enlisted
  • F1 24
  • Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
  • The First Descendant
  • Fortnite
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • Hogwarts Legacy
  • Horizon Zero Dawn Remastered
  • Horizon Forbidden West
  • The Last of Us Part I
  • The Last of Us Part II Remastered
  • Lies of P
  • Like a Dragon: Pirate Yakuza in Hawaii
  • Madden NFL 25
  • Marvel Rivals
  • Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater
  • Mortal Kombat 1
  • My Little Universe
  • Naraka: Bladepoint
  • No Man’s Sky
  • Pro Baseball Spirits 2024-2025
  • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
  • Redacted
  • Resident Evil 4
  • Resident Evil Village
  • Retrieval
  • Rise of the Ronin
  • Spider-Man Remastered
  • Spider-Man Miles Morales
  • Spider-Man 2
  • Spine: This is Gun Fu
  • Star Wars Jedi Survivor
  • Star Wars Outlaws
  • Stellar Blade
  • Test Drive Unlimited: Solar Crown
  • Towers of Aghasba
  • Until Dawn
  • Warframe
  • War Thunder
  • Wolverine
  • World of Warships: Legends
+ vr: Kayak vr and Cyube

Current list of enhanced pro games from reddit
  • Alan Wake 2
  • Assassin’s Creed Shadows
  • The Callisto Protocol
  • The Crew Motorfest
  • Demon’s Souls
  • Dragon Age: The Veilguard
  • Dragon’s Dogma 2
  • Dynasty Warriors: Origins
  • EA Sports College Football 25
  • EA Sports FC 25
  • Empire of the Ants
  • Enlisted
  • F1 24
  • Final Fantasy VII Rebirth
  • The First Descendant
  • Fortnite
  • Gran Turismo 7
  • Hogwarts Legacy
  • Horizon Zero Dawn Remastered
  • Horizon Forbidden West
  • The Last of Us Part I
  • The Last of Us Part II Remastered
  • Lies of P
  • Like a Dragon: Pirate Yakuza in Hawaii
  • Madden NFL 25
  • Marvel Rivals
  • Metal Gear Solid Delta: Snake Eater
  • Mortal Kombat 1
  • My Little Universe
  • Naraka: Bladepoint
  • No Man’s Sky
  • Pro Baseball Spirits 2024-2025
  • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
  • Redacted
  • Resident Evil 4
  • Resident Evil Village
  • Retrieval
  • Rise of the Ronin
  • Spider-Man Remastered
  • Spider-Man Miles Morales
  • Spider-Man 2
  • Spine: This is Gun Fu
  • Star Wars Jedi Survivor
  • Star Wars Outlaws
  • Stellar Blade
  • Test Drive Unlimited: Solar Crown
  • Towers of Aghasba
  • Until Dawn
  • Warframe
  • War Thunder
  • Wolverine
  • World of Warships: Legends
+ vr: Kayak vr and Cyube
Was there any discussion around un-patched games getting any sorts of boosts?

Nvidia would think otherwise since their most optimized implementation of ReSTIR involves using SER to spill arguments to their L2 cache to reorder the threads. There's absolutely no math involved in that part of the process as it's ALL MEMORY operations!
What does SER have to do with ReSTIR? SER reorders threads to sort them by material ID prior to shading in hit shaders, but how is this related to the math in ReSTIR?

"Consistently evolved" towards higher math density yet the industry proceeds to keep using their deferred renderers and composite many more rendering passes for it and there's no sign of them either moving to tile-based rendering architectures or make use of D3D12's optional render pass API hence the disastrous results observed on Snapdragon Windows PCs!
Rasterization performance still scales well without moving to the tile-based or other exotic architectures, which confirms what I've already said — "more memory performance" is not the sole or primary solution for any of the mentioned workloads, even in mature rasterization.

All of this is pure drivel coming from you since we still can't run the simplest of LLMs on many NPUs. Most of these applicable optimizations doesn't whitewash away the underlying fact that we have a memory problem ...
The claim that you can't run even the simplest LLM on NPUs just because they don't have enough bandwidth is the drivel. You can run LLMs on many 40+ TOPS NPUs, but it would be a slow and painful experience due to the immature software of many NPUs. Of course, it will also be much slower compared to running the same task on a 1400 TOPS 4090. It's ridiculous how you've reduced something like this to a single thesis. Apparently, in your world, it's only memory performance that prevents integrated GPUs from reaching the level of much beefier discrete graphics.

Back