PS5 Pro *spawn

Sadly the exception is DMC 5, it never got RT on PC. Hope they don't repeat the same shitty decision they made back then.
Would not put it past Capcom. I've been trying to get some answers about whether this will come to PC or not, but nothing seems to be confirmed yet. As for the improvement.. damn nice I'd say.

Do you mean is there any detailed info ? Dont think so
Finally got something

This show more thing is bullshit. Is this new? I’ve never seen it on an embedded tweet before. I’ve never seen it like that on Twitter period.

Quote:
PS5 Pro has a function called "Game Boost". Even if it is not a PS5 Pro compatible version, if the game uses a variable refresh rate or variable resolution, it will be able to be displayed more stably even if it is set to a high setting. However, in the case of games that are fixed at 30 FPS, it cannot be supported unless it is unlocked."

So looks like patch required. Can’t do driver side hacks.

Makes sense, more or less falls in with last gen pro models. Though it’s an improvement over 4pro. This actually falls in line with what X1X did when released.

Last edited:
Finally got something

This show more thing is bullshit. Is this new? I’ve never seen it on an embedded tweet before. I’ve never seen it like that on Twitter period.

Quote:
PS5 Pro has a function called "Game Boost". Even if it is not a PS5 Pro compatible version, if the game uses a variable refresh rate or variable resolution, it will be able to be displayed more stably even if it is set to a high setting. However, in the case of games that are fixed at 30 FPS, it cannot be supported unless it is unlocked."

So looks like patch required. Can’t do driver side hacks.

Makes sense, more or less falls in with last gen pro models.
On PS5 I can count those games with the fingers of one hand. Incredible that even Sony execs are gaslighted by their competitor's narrative.

And yeah you can count on GTA6 to have a mode targeting 60fps. When was the last time a game targeting 30fps was released on PS5? 2022?

30fps is dead on Playstation and Cerny officialized it. Devs would be suicidal to release their games (on PS5 Pro) without a 60fps mode.

Devs would be suicidal to release their games (on PS5 Pro) without a 60fps mode.
Hyperbolic much? :p How many sales would a desirable game actually lose for being 30fps on PS5 with no Pro improvement? You'd lose a subset of Pro owners from a subset of PS5 players. Hardly suicide!

But yeah, no need these days to force a cap. Unless Nintendo releasing LoZ:EoW...

On PS5 I can count those games with the fingers of one hand. Incredible that even Sony execs are gaslighted by their competitor's narrative.

And yeah you can count on GTA6 to have a mode targeting 60fps. When was the last time a game targeting 30fps was released on PS5? 2022?

30fps is dead on Playstation and Cerny officialized it. Devs would be suicidal to release their games (on PS5 Pro) without a 60fps mode.
Kingdom Come: Deliverance 2 will be 30fps on consoles

Kingdom Come: Deliverance 2 will be 30fps on consoles
Ok if that's the case I still have another available finger on my hand. ;)

EDIT: A 60fps mode is possible on consoles according to the Executive Producer (september 12th 2024). A shame for the 30fps apologetics.

Kingdom Come Deliverance 2 is not finished yet, so we're still working on it, but 60FPS is not out of reach for us.

Last edited:
Reactions: snc
Ok if that's the case I still have another available finger on my hand. ;)

EDIT: A 60fps mode is possible on consoles according to the Executive Producer (september 12th 2024). A shame for the 30fps apologetics.

Yeah it will look on base ps5 at best as jedi survivor, ff7r and f16 performance modes (unpleayble for me) 😁

A shame for the 30fps apologetics.
There's nothing controversial about thinking 30fps is still entirely playable. And there shouldn't be anything controversial about wishing to see devs not have to water down their ambitions due to demands from this newfound dogmatic clan of '60fps or die' people on the internet.

Calling anybody 'apologists' over this is just bizarre language.

Indeed. It would be troublesome if they make all PS5 titles 30fps going forward and gently nudge players towards 5Pro if they want 60fps.

I’m not against the idea, but it shouldn’t be the case.

There are dozens of us! Dozens!!!
Honestly, anything that isn't a first person shooter or that needs aiming is fine on a controller, aside from edge cases like DMC.

Ps: forgot to add, 30 fps with acceptable amounts of input lag.

Also, I'm sorry but most videogame cutscenes look much better at 30 fps with motion blur. Those 60 fps or even 120 fps cutscenes look like soap operas from turkey.

Rereading the tweet the manager was likely talking about the countless PS4 games still stuck at 30fps (like Bloodborne).
Indeed. It would be troublesome if they make all PS5 titles 30fps going forward and gently nudge players towards 5Pro if they want 60fps.

I’m not against the idea, but it shouldn’t be the case.
See. you are still gaslighting about it. "but it shouldn't be the case" like if it was actually the case. That's a new goalpost too.

Back