PS5 Pro *spawn

What would they do with that hardware beside doing ai things? I'm sure that with time and-or future playstation hardware they will add things like ray reconstruction, frame gen and other stuff. But right now they are simply not ready.

Also, we have games like Alan wake 2 that are upscaling to 4k from the same base resolution as the PS5 and adding the settings of the quality mode. If they just used the additional CU's to upscale they wouldn't have the time for the higher settings.

PS5 has like 50 tops (can't find a number), and pro has 300. They added something, whatever it is.
17.55TF is 5pro
X2 for dual submission 35TF
X2 to downscale to 16FP = 70 FPOPS
X2 to downscale to 8bit = 140 TOPs
X2 to allow for ML sparsity customization = 280~300 TOPs

It really comes down that base number which is between 17TF and 18TF.

A bit too many responses for the time I have today 😅

We should define dedicated hardware in this discussion. Because even tensor cores are part of the compute units.

Also, Kepler has talked about how the PS5 pro takes some aspects of rDNA 4, like the matrix acceleration and sparsity. To me that is dedicated hardware, by my definition.

That's exactly what tensor cores do with DLSS, so I'm not sure why it'd be so strange here.
The Tensor cores are there predominantly for non gaming tasks such as machine learning. They are fitted as standard, for which you're paying a premium, so may as well be used for upscaling even if it's only for a fraction of a frame. What's the argument for there inclusion on a console?

Back