Formula 1 - 2021 Season

3 place grid penaty for Max after trying to drive over Lewis, kinda soft, but it's something.

McLaren 1-2 was lovely though.
Guess who was going to change his engine next race, anyway, making this penalty moot. I hope the rules covers this sort of thing and Max keeps the penalty until it can be served.

Last edited:
Awesome and deserved result for Williams, who didn’t just win because the rest didn’t but also because they really were that fast.

And penalty deserved. I saw immediately in the first replay that Max wasn’t far enough alongside so thought he might have been the one in the wrong here right then already.

I take it also from commentary on tv he will swap engines and start from the back if the engine swap is beneficial and if that can be taken along with the penalty, but I am not sure if that is allowed.

It will be interesting to see how this develops. The Ferraris were hanging in there as well, it’s turning out to be a good season so far.

therefore find that the driver of Car 33 was predominantly to blame for the incident.

So basically the opposite of what happened at Silverstone. I do think Verstappen made little effort to avoid a incident, just like Hamilton did at Silverstone.

I do think the penalty is a joke. Hamilton essentially gets a penalty that isn't a penalty and walks away with 25 points but Verstappen gets a grid drop.

So basically the opposite of what happened at Silverstone. I do think Verstappen made little effort to avoid a incident, just like Hamilton did at Silverstone.

I do think the penalty is a joke. Hamilton essentially gets a penalty that isn't a penalty and walks away with 25 points but Verstappen gets a grid drop.
cant get a time penalty in a race you are no longer in

In the u.k you can get penalty points on a driving license your to young to obtain or you've never owned
the points on super license is outside the race penalties, if you get enough points in a certain period of time you get barred from a race

he's young, he will learn - dont be too hard on him

remember lewis not wanting to change tyres in china and maybe lost a world championship because of that

if lewis HADNT come in and changed tyres now in russia, we should all be harsh on him

And conversely apparently Max decided for his team that he should come in when he did. Still a tough decision to make but that turned out great for him.

hard on him? I just found it funny
I dont have any opinions of the guy, I dont know him at all, all I know is hes a far better driver than I am or ever would hope to be.

As far as cockups go, I've committed far worse and more embarrassing ones in my life, One just have to learn to laugh at ones self and not take it too seriously

remember lewis not wanting to change tyres in china and maybe lost a world championship because of that

if lewis HADNT come in and changed tyres now in russia, we should all be harsh on him
It's not a decision he should be making, there had already been enough evidence for them to make the call and the rain was getting worse.

I get that no driver in the lead wants to give up that position, but the teams have access to all this information and expertise you shouldn't be going to the driver to make the call.

Back