Final Fantasy VII Remake

I really hope the convenience and efficiency that would bring from PS5’s SSD would fasten up their asset management and creation for Episode 2 and onwards. If devs are super excited for that SSD then I guess Square should benefit from it too.

I really hope the convenience and efficiency that would bring from PS5’s SSD would fasten up their asset management and creation for Episode 2 and onwards. If devs are super excited for that SSD then I guess Square should benefit from it too.

It will help with texture streaming and technical problem but they need to wait Unreal engine modify the game engine I/O to work with SSD and it will help reduce the optimization phase for assets creation.

They started this project to be like ff13 trilogy. They were able to reuse assets and such. That project for a turnaround pretty quickly between releases.

It will help with texture streaming and technical problem but they need to wait Unreal engine modify the game engine I/O to work with SSD and it will help reduce the optimization phase for assets creation.

cant they brute force the thing?
like when in UE3 games on PC with streaming issue, simply editing the .ini to allocate more memory? or heck, totally disable streaming or forcing max LOD.

dunno with UE4 tho. Last time i did that was.... for Mass Effect 1 or 2.... i think...

Do you think they're stuck with Unreal engine now? why not a new inhouse next gen engine for better optimization?

Do you think they're stuck with Unreal engine now? why not a new inhouse next gen engine for better optimization?
Moving from engine a to b is a lot of work. It also could bring new work flow, new paradigm, and will take some time before the humans get accustomed.

At least that was my experience when making games hahaha so could be a non issue for big devs, as I suspect they even could have intermediary software that will do the heavy lifting for compatibility between engine A and B.

Like unreal engine 4 with its ultra importer (sorry I forgot the name). Basically it allows you to import various kind of things into UE4 and it will do it properly, complete with proper automatic LOD and so on.

How long is Chapter 17 and 18 altogether? Did you like the ending?

Just 100%ed the game.

The game itself is great. There are just two potential problems.

One relates to texture streaming issues reminescent of early ue3 titles in certain areas. But hopefully the day one patch can fix those issues of some assets not loading in properly.

The other potential pitfall is more fundamental..and only one depending on what you want and are expecting this entire ff7r project to be.....it could make this project way more interesting for you or doom it as the worst thing ever. The thing is gonna be divisive.

Personally im happy. This is what i wanted. For SE to be ambitious although i would have taken the road easily traveled just as well.

If your someone who loved what Netherrealm did with MK9 youll love this. If you are expecting the same exact game as ff7....well...

They started with unreal engine 4 specifically because of how terrible trying to make an inhouse engine work for them turned out over the past decade and a half. UE4 is without a doubt the best option they could have made. They just need to get a better handle around using it

They started with unreal engine 4 specifically because of how terrible trying to make an inhouse engine work for them turned out over the past decade and a half. UE4 is without a doubt the best option they could have made. They just need to get a better handle around using it

Any link for that source? Would be a nice read

Did they ?
Maybe on the tool side...
I knew someone working on Luminous engine and from what I got it was really advanced, and likely more optimal than UE4.

Did they ?
Maybe on the tool side...
I knew someone working on Luminous engine and from what I got it was really advanced, and likely more optimal than UE4.

Nothing to do with its rendering capabilities.

The problem being it having been optimized around ff15 and that games particular needs as tabata once said, and the tools not being easy to move from team to team. Hence only luminous productions, is using it at this point in time.

Its just logisticallly more effective for other teams to use ue4 both when they started the ff7r project and now when they are quickly moving onto the next parts with that built experience using it

No link. But crystal tools and luminous engine speak for themselves

Those engines are not public, how can they speak for themselves?

If from the resulting game, ffxv have more consistent quality for longer than ff7 remake.

I mean qualities from the engine like animation, 3d model, texture, etc. Not the story or direction (e.g. Ffxv chapters feels incomplete, complete with weird jumps like when cor joins)

Im not talking about ff15s visuals. But the company wide experience when trying to use inhouse engines in general with HD development. Its more feasible for bd1 to improve with ue4 than learn an entirely new engine that has been segmented off to a single dev in the company based on their investments put into it

Just beat it :D, all 35 sweet sweet loving hours of it. This is the best FF ever for me in terms of characters, story telling, lore, combat system and of course those amazing graphics. That final chapter has some of the craziest looking visuals I've seen this gen, it's ridiculous how many particles and special effects are on screen. I'll say aside from some odd chapters with texture issues the majority of this game is stellar looking with a massive AAA budget under the hood, tho I do sincerely hope SE would fix those texture issues in due time because that's what's holding this back to become one of the greatest game of all time. Maybe it'll reach true perfection on PS5, who knows. Again have to emphasize on the realtime visuals in the last chapter, at one point I was sure it's got to be pre-rendered until I saw my custom materia blade which reminded me everything was all real time lol. Damn that chapter single handedily made this one of the most memorable gaming experience ever for me.

So about the ending, I'm a bit confused about
Zack surviving the Shinra onslaught in the Remake. Cloud was obviously under the impression that his mentor died in the current timeline right? So with Zack being alive means there's a different timeline? Will the two different timelines clash or intertwine in the sequel? Are we going full Future Trunks mode now lol? Also, now that the Harbringer of Whispers is defeated I guess you can pretty much be unbound by any fate set by the original in theory so the sequel could divert drastically from the original to the point it's not a Remake any more.

So about the ending, I'm a bit confused about
Zack surviving the Shinra onslaught in the Remake. Cloud was obviously under the impression that his mentor died in the current timeline right? So with Zack being alive means there's a different timeline? Will the two different timelines clash or intertwine in the sequel? Are we going full Future Trunks mode now lol? Also, now that the Harbringer of Whispers is defeated I guess you can pretty much be unbound by any fate set by the original in theory so the sequel could divert drastically from the original to the point it's not a Remake any more.
The interesting thing about story telling in general are the concepts of perspectives. Many characters in GoT die or don't have much of a story knowing they are going to die, but they may still have usefulness in providing perspective, or progressing other parts of the story.

If any of that makes sense.

Or perhaps an easier way is, the GoT TV and Books diverged greatly, but will still likely end up ending the same.

The interesting thing about story telling in general are the concepts of perspectives. Many characters in GoT die or don't have much of a story knowing they are going to die, but they may still have usefulness in providing perspective, or progressing other parts of the story.

If any of that makes sense.

Or perhaps an easier way is, the GoT TV and Books diverged greatly, but will still likely end up ending the same.
Well that sure could be one possibility of course. Or they could let their creative freedom fly and using the SSD for instantaneous traversing between
different timelines
via ingame portals :D, much like that Heretic demo. Either way I'm good how they want it to play out.

Back