Final Fantasy VII Remake

What i mean is its not the common definition we have come to expect from games like telltale. This project isnt like a 20 min ep each tv series but a multiple movie harry potter esque production

Also Like star wars episodes. As for games, maybe like xenosaga episodes.

Hopefully episode 2 will release as multiplatform.

Still curious how they will name it... Final Fantasy VII remake-2? Final Fantasy Vii reunion? Final Fantasy VII revengeance?

Also Like star wars episodes. As for games, maybe like xenosaga episodes.

Hopefully episode 2 will release as multiplatform.

Still curious how they will name it... Final Fantasy VII remake-2? Final Fantasy Vii reunion? Final Fantasy VII revengeance?
Every episode will be multiplatform. It clearly states on the box of FF7 "play first on PS4"

Uh on 5.1ch, since chapter 16 or 17, the explosions sounds so low. It's like the audio mixing bug in the demo back active :(

Finished it, I'm bloody confused lol

So cloud and Co are in the "whisper" dimension at the end, they are stuck there?

How do they reach the hill far away from the city?

What the flashback with Zack means?

The cryptic talking cat was forgotten?

Why Noone actually explains anything? Even the bad guys that love to blabber, didn't actually explain what he's gonna do (the doc)

Basically they went to the elder gods domain and crushed it. N
Mortal kombat reference there

Last edited by a moderator:
Basically they went to the elder gods domain and crushed it. N
Mortal kombat reference there
So they are back to the normal dimension? I though because to go to that dimension aeris need to do some wand dance they need to do something like that to get out. But turns out simply blowing up the bug bad works

Last edited:
Shits on it is a bit extreme

overall results are more pleasing to the eye, but things like polycount and clothes animation/clipping are still vastly Superior in the movie.
Or you are talking about the remake CGI ?

Next episode certainly should have quite bit more streamlined production.

A lot of assets are done, gameplay loops, audio etc.
Art department most likely has been doing assets for next episodes for a while now.

Will be interesting what will happen with world map or the possible replacement.

Shits on it is a bit extreme

overall results are more pleasing to the eye, but things like polycount and clothes animation/clipping are still vastly Superior in the movie.
Or you are talking about the remake CGI ?
Yeah some of the stuffs are still superior in AC for sure but the overall result is definitely more impressive in realtime. And of course the CGI in Remake is still vastly superior than either.

Characters and lighting to me looks miles ahead in the game compared to Advent Children.
Polygon wise yes the environments are bound to have more geometry in the CG and also when you arent dealing with real time graphics you can be more liberal too with unnecessary polycounts. In AC sometimes you could see some texture blur, stretched textures and mirrored textures on the characters. The characters in the Remake have more detailed textures and accessories while running in real time. Also the hair are better in the game than in the movie besides the usual dithering.

They put tons of work into character models as the focal point for the visuals and it paid off. In ff15 the open world made the models look really flat and weak in most cutscenes whereas the characters in this game look right at home.

The way the game goes from gameplay to more detailed realtime cutscene with realistic shadows and motion capture shows how far we have come. On a base ps4 i prefer the realtime cutscene models to the overly clean cgi models. And you can also tell when an in engine offline cutscene is playing due to no aliasing anywhere(tifa and clouds promise scene)

My Lil bro comment when he watched me play while he's playing mobile legends on his phone : all the effort went to the characters, and they put them in an environment that looks like that.

Btw the cgi cutscenes seems to have different character model with the in game cutscene and prerendered in engine cutscene.

My Lil bro comment when he watched me play while he's playing mobile legends on his phone : all the effort went to the characters, and they put them in an environment that looks like that.

Btw the cgi cutscenes seems to have different character model with the in game cutscene and prerendered in engine cutscene.
There are no pre-rendered in engine cutscene tho, all cutscene are realtime except for the CGI.

Back