PS4 Pro Speculation (PS4K NEO Kaio-Ken-Kutaragi-Kaz Neo-san)

Status
Not open for further replies.
PS4 wireless adapter...
http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/07...-adapter-revealed-by-sonys-fcc-certification/

It would be nothing special if not for the fact that it's a playstation SKU, which have no need for this dongle, since they all have a bluetooth antenna.

Maybe it's to use DS4 on PC for remote play, maybe it's to add more bluetooth devices on the normal PS4 (while Neo would have two antennas for 14 devices total). Maybe it's related to a new DS4 revision using a different version of bluetooth, so the original PS4 would need this dongle. Maybe it's for a new Move revision.

Who would get into trouble? If it's covered by NDA then whoever got them will get into trouble. Not sure if we would just for looking at what is a leak, ultimately.

OK, thanks London Boy. I just have to make a few more posts before I can post the link. As far as I can tell it is completely anonymous so shouldn't get anyone in trouble.

I always ask on threads or via PM if it is OK to post some things just in case.....

My bullshit-detecting-dick is tingling. :yep2:

I can promise you I'm not making anything up here. Whether the docs are 100% genuine I don't know and I'm there posters here that could confirm one way or the other.

I will say at the very least there is some genuine stuff in there because the dev kit proto 2 and test kit proto 1 model numbers are listed on the MIC site in Japan. dev kit certified in December last year and the test kit (that DF mentioned) certified in May this year.

I can't post the link until I reach 10 posts so give me a few more minutes and you can see for yourself and decide.

I will try, scf!

Below are what I believe are the dev kit and test kit prototypes mentioned in the above PDF. I'm really more interested in the other the stuff in there, though. Love to hear from more knowledgeable members.

Link to certified to Dev Kit Proto 2 at Japans MIC site (note December 2015 date): http://www.tele.soumu.go.jp/giteki/...=413ul&SN=%94%46%8F%D8&LN=2&R1=*****&R2=*****
Link to Test Kit Proto 1 (May 2016): http://www.tele.soumu.go.jp/giteki/...=422ul&SN=%94%46%8F%D8&LN=4&R1=*****&R2=*****

Maybe hold off on copy/paste for now?
As far as linking or attaching the documents, perhaps @Rys should be consulted?
One item to note about whether the material is NDA or not is while the NDA might only apply to the people who signed it, how the materials were come across might complicate matters.

I can promise you I'm not making anything up here. Whether the docs are 100% genuine I don't know and I'm there posters here that could confirm one way or the other.

I will say at the very least there is some genuine stuff in there because the dev kit proto 2 and test kit proto 1 model numbers are listed on the MIC site in Japan. dev kit certified in December last year and the test kit (that DF mentioned) certified in May this year.

I can't post the link until I reach 10 posts so give me a few more minutes and you can see for yourself and decide.
I didn't mean you, I mean the doc itself, since you don't know if it's genuine or not, I'm starting with caution. ;-)

Is the link a "dropfile.to"?

You could have just copied and pasted the text itself.

I can't easily because it is a PDF. I have linked it, albeit behind a spoiler tag but the post is invisible to you guys. I can see the post on this thread and it says it is awaiting mod approval.

Is there a mod I should contact to discuss this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back