Bloodborne: [PS4] (From Software)

I like the threaded cane. It scales with the "skill" stat so keep that in mind when picking a class.

Yeah, SKILL [dex ]is basic stat for it. It is great for mobs, but I find it little tough for use against fist boss [but they say cane is great for latter bosses]. I aim to switch to those dual light swords if I manage to find them.

Tough game but rewarding, reminds me of Demon Souls to some degree but so far I think DS had better environments, this could be nostalgia though as I haven't touched DS in years.

Those are my sentiments so far as well. I'm also not quite sure whether I like the fact that the game basically forces me to play in a very specific manner. Apparently the game designers of the souls games were way more in love with the parry mechanic in those games than I was.

I also picked the cane. First boss is rough with it.

So

So if Cane is kindof special-case weapon, which is the safe weapon then? I will still pick up the cane or the Hammer one as visually they pack a punch.
Also what class are people preferring ? Hoping to go full throttle tonight if everything goes right. My two nieces have just landed in the house , so signs are not so ominous though. But, try I shall :yep2:

Does this game only save at the Hub? I just hate it when after all the hard work you've done by killing the horde, you get killed by a random enemy and then have to restart killing the horde all over again. I have to know what drives some of you to keep on re trying? Admittedly I totally suck at it but man even if I want to continue my fingers are too sore to do so lol. Here's some shots I've taken, would look really nice without that damn CA tho.
JOrvTvt.jpg
MI89fze.jpg
6EJyj1b.jpg

I thought the other souls games saved constantly in the background so you could not cheat the game. That being said my game crashed in the first section and I lost my char and had to start over.

So this seems like the PS4's must-have exclusive of the year (given U4 has been pushed to 2016).

I'm actually somewhat interested in getting it, though i'm unsure about exactly how difficult it will be.

Can anyone who's played either of the first 2 Ninja Gaiden titles comment on how difficult the Soul games are compared to NG? As the NG games were known for their difficulty back in the day - and they were about as difficult as I could stand.

I also (stupidly) did complete the original Modern Warfare on Veteran (on console too, so no lean key!) that was an exercise in sheer frustration.

Considering How I managed to breeze through several easier levels on NG and keep dying to minor enemies in Bloodbornne I'd rate Bloodborne harder than NG.

From my ~6 hours the main point of the game (to not dying) is to not put yourself in a position to get whacked around. You need to enter every combat strategically.

I just died to two randoms- one shot me and another sliced me all within half a second and I'm back to my checkpoint.

Really depends on how hard you want NG to be. Put it on its highest setting and the From games seem rather polite by comparison. I also think NG games have a more gradual ramp up in difficulty whereas the Souls games as well as Bloodborne start out like a complete bitch and basically stay that way all the way through.

Finally killed cleric beast. Used all my healing potion but the bastard went down :)

Skill based cane monkey here!

PS: fuuuuuuck, the game is a technical mess...especially the loading times are killing me :(

Really depends on how hard you want NG to be. Put it on its highest setting and the From games seem rather polite by comparison. I also think NG games have a more gradual ramp up in difficulty whereas the Souls games as well as Bloodborne start out like a complete bitch and basically stay that way all the way through.

Well, I played Ninja Gaiden 2 on Path of the Warrior and gave up in Chapter 10 (I think it was all the rocket launcher enemies), playing on 360 didn't help as mashing the hard plastic face buttons is painful on the 360 controller.

I really like Ninja Gaiden combat though, I think it's the best of any action games I've played (God of War included), it's very acrobatic and fluid (love ricocheting of walls, darting in and out of combat, throwing shuriken mid-air etc.) and love the gory splatter (using the Lunar Staff on the early levels of NG2 is something like action game heaven), DS/Bloodborne seems slower and more methodic (30 fps vs 60 fps too) by comparison so I'm not sure whether I'll like it - especially if it's going to be harder than NG (when not playing on Mentor/Master Ninja difficulty anyway).

Maybe I'll go back and finish NG2.

Last edited:
@(((interference)))

The "closest" thing to NG fast pace combat that I found on PS4 is Stider. (I enjoyed it a lot)
It's cheap so you could give it a try, IMHO it's one of the best H&S out on PS4.
There's a demo on the store if I am not mistaken.

EDIT
No there is no demo, sorry.

P.S.
There's no New Game + in Strider though :(

Last edited:
I have the game and I like it I am a newbie in Soul's game but all my friend keep talking about it. Many stupid death but I begin to understand the mechanism after 1h30 into it.

So this seems like the PS4's must-have exclusive of the year (given U4 has been pushed to 2016).

I'm actually somewhat interested in getting it, though i'm unsure about exactly how difficult it will be.

It is the must have game of the year on either console that most people will never be able to finish without the help of lots of their friends. :D

Cleric beast that some have beaten here is a piece of cake compared to the 2nd mini-boss in the starting area.

People new to the game are advised to try to get help, or die a lot. A LOT.

Does this game only save at the Hub? I just hate it when after all the hard work you've done by killing the horde, you get killed by a random enemy and then have to restart killing the horde all over again.

Yes, the game state is always saved. That said, anytime... I'll stress that again... ANYTIME you go back to the home "hub" everything respawns except for bosses and mini-bosses that you have killed. That includes dying and that includes voluntarily going back so you can upgrade your character and weapons, or just to buy some stuff.

However, dying means you drop all your collected blood (sort of the currency in this game) in addition to everything respawning.

Later on you'll also go into areas where something continually respawns enemies you've killed as soon as they are out of your sight

The world is full of beasts, and beasts will always attempt to move into areas not occupied already by other beasts. :D It's glorious.

Now, I just wish I could play it. :(

Regards,
SB

Last edited:
Started with the Cane last night, played for an hour or so bought all the inital armour/clothes but I haven't beaten the first mob yet, the one around the fire with some beasts slamming on the door. With the WHip attack, I can't really tell where it will hit, but it can ake down 4 guys in a go if it connects correctly.

How are you guys beating the mob, btw? The only way I see is taking my time and luring each guy away and killing him.

For newbies like me I have some little advice:

First thing is to learn to use menu. I dies three times against the dog in hospital because not knowing how to equip weapons. No explanation at all.

8JrsJt3.png

first row under inventory is for equipe weapon.

second row is for the clothing.

And the third row is for items.

After you need to do some farming of blood because you need to buy the complete new clothing to the merchant. It will help you to finish the first area.

After never run. Study each ennemies pattern. And try to fight few ennemies at the same time.

Finally got rid of the stupid blunderbuss. The delay on that thing was killing me. Upgraded my cane a second time and now it scales with a B on skill instedad of a C - very nice. Pissed off a lady NPC Hunter involuntarily too. Never happened to me in a Souls game before. Hoping there'll be some way to absolve me off my sins and get back in her good graces later down the road.

Also, was Father Gascoigne a right pain in the ass or what?

Here is help for loading times. Todays PS4 firmware 2.50 has enabled app suspending for everyone. Session of Bloodborne boots in 15secs:

:)

Back