Diablo 3 - Gamepad Edition

What do gems actually do, just increase a few stats as described in your gem pouch? Or do they also have a more pervasive effect on your entire character?

What do gems actually do, just increase a few stats as described in your gem pouch? Or do they also have a more pervasive effect on your entire character?

Wtf is a gem pouch?

Well in answer then they do exactly what they state they do and no more. A +130% emerald in a weapon, a +23% life in your helm and a bunch of +280 stat gems in your armor makes a huge difference. At lower levels not so much but its noticeable.

Later on once you have a 70 or a few and you make alts, you'll be using those Marquis+ gems on your level 8 character. Helps a lot with being able to raise the difficulty and level faster.

LOL, yeah the inventory slot for your gems looks like a leather pouch, at least on the XBone version. I guess all my gems are crap because they don't increase stats to any meaningful degree (at least as far as I can tell).

Man, the more leveled up your character is, the more fun this game gets. I just F-ing LOVE ripping into mobs with my Barbarian and WD. They're only mid-30 level, but they feel so much more effective than when they were mid-20. This game is way more fun than I thought it would be. Love it.

I think I'll just have to cease from providing any meaningful information or advice regarding Diablo 3. I'm not sure much of it is relevant for the console version lol

On the contrary, I've found your comments and suggestions (as well as others) to be most helpful.

I really can't wait to get my characters maxed out with the high level gear you speak of.

I think I'll just have to cease from providing any meaningful information or advice regarding Diablo 3. I'm not sure much of it is relevant for the console version lol
Nooooooo, you are doing great giving us some very interesting and useful info.

Got into Act 3, I left the game there forever playing on Normal difficulty -vanilla Diablo 3 PC days after buying it day one- and from now on I don't know how the story will unfold. The story is a bit lame compared to Diablo 2 tho, so I don't expect it to improve a lot, but I wonder what will happen.

I am having lots and lots of fun playing as the Demon Hunter. Lots of interesting tactics and tricks available. I am getting to know this character in depth, trying different approaches. :smile2:

What I love the most about the Demon Hunter is that sometimes you need to think quick and try not to get hit at all costs, and that requires fine strategy at times.

Plus the Demon Hunter has two kind of resources available, Hatred and Discipline, which also means you have to be careful and keep on the lookout not to waste both.

There is a green beam of hope filling the screen, a surge of adrenaline and then you realize it's only a part from the blackthorn set, and junk it immediately :D
he he, actually, I got my first set thingy, but it was just an item to teach how to create some Cain's set item to my blacksmith.

I maxed him out, training wise, except for the level 61 items, but they require some kind of potion I don't have to train my blacksmith. What's that potion?

Additionally, I found an Etrayu, a very nice bow. Are Legendary items upgradeable like in Diablo 2 where you could upgrade an Unique item to the next superior base item of the same type? :smile:

I love how you can upgrade the gems compared to Diablo 2 -the interface is very easy and intuitive-, plus following Malo's advice I socketed a few gems already.

Things are getting a little crazy. The game is more and more fun as you advance and level up.

For my Demon Hunter the more enemies and the faster they are the merrier --as long as you don't get stuck or cornered. She is so fast...

Plus Evasive Fire -backflipping like 30 yards away is just awesome- :), Chakram shot with Boomerang, Rain of Vengeance, Turrets, and Vault -perfect when you get cornered, watch out your Discipline levels though- make up for one hell of a Demon Hunter, as long as you use your Hatred and Discipline wisely.

One of the most fun RPG characters ever to me. The only downside is that if they get to me I am dead in like two hits. :( But they have a tough time achieving that.

Sometimes you find monsters who want to approach you a little more than you want but while they almost do, luckily I dodge with awesome cunning and evasiveness. :LOL:

DH class is natually squishy unfortunately. I actually have a lot of fun using DH because "stutter stepping" is a lot more fun with a controller than KBM. I wish the lock on function could be tweaked so when you engage it, it will always lock on to an enemy, regardless of the direction you face in.

DH class is natually squishy unfortunately. I actually have a lot of fun using DH because "stutter stepping" is a lot more fun with a controller than KBM. I wish the lock on function could be tweaked so when you engage it, it will always lock on to an enemy, regardless of the direction you face in.
The Demon Hunter takes all my skill when I play very strategic, and with 2 resources to focus on, plus some essential survival skills that come in handy when things get tough, that makes for the most fun character to me.

Since I didn't level up enough there are some unspecified skills of the class that I haven't tried, but this one is focused on hand crossbows, the next one -planning on a male DH, current one is a female, to see what changes- could be likely focused on traps and stuff.

I don't use lock on that much because I mostly find mobs, but Marked for death skill can also be useful for that. -gotta give that a try, use it more in the future-

In the end, I still have to compare the Demon Hunter with other classes, to confront mobs and how quickly you can dispatch them, but I tried the different classes and none of them looks as fun to me --each class has its good share of fun anyways.

Oddly enough I have a hard time hitting the Treasure Demons, which makes me cringe.

My Chakram -the skill I use the most- rarely hits them for some reason, as if it ignores them, so switching to Rapid Fire or similar works better.

But since I actually backflip hitting them and the Chakram seems to have a hard time getting to them, it's happened to me more than once that they are able to return to their cubicles without me getting the treasure. :(

Treasure goblins are actually a good measure of your damage dealing in that particular difficulty. If you can't manage to take one down solo before they're gone then you need to work on your damage some more before going up to the next difficulty.

Treasure goblins are actually a good measure of your damage dealing in that particular difficulty. If you can't manage to take one down solo before they're gone then you need to work on your damage some more before going up to the next difficulty.
Azmodan was kind enough to drop a Legendary crossbow that deals more than 700 damage, and it's noticeable, but as eager as I am to switch to Master and the like -I can't wait-, from my experience on Expert -Act 3 and now 4- it is going to be easy at all, so I might keep my decision on hold til I get better equipment and level up.

Not much to complain about when it comes to equipment, Rares can be as good as Legendaries, if not better, in some cases.

An important thing to note is how you use your skills with the DH. A Treasure goblin can become tougher than he actually is 'cos of the use of backflip -automatic feature from Evasive Shot- and certain skills that do area damage, because.... they kind of get moving they aren't easy targets.

I have a question.

After I played through the story mode on hard. I went to adventure mode and had my own personal treasure troll which followed me everywhere. But exactly what does he do other than seemingly pick up items I leave behind?

He eventually disappeared after I and a friend did some local coop. But what is his purpose?

I played through the game on ps3 then transferred over to Xbox one my level 30 monk. I have a million questions but the first most important one is how do I increase the number of items I can carry. It seems like after every other fight I have to drop items.

I have a question.

After I played through the story mode on hard. I went to adventure mode and had my own personal treasure troll which followed me everywhere. But exactly what does he do other than seemingly pick up items I leave behind?

He eventually disappeared after I and a friend did some local coop. But what is his purpose?

I think it's one of your legendary item feature

Goblin pick 13 Normal items (the white ones) for you and give out one Rare/Legendary item

Back