KILLZONE Shadow Fall [PS4]

In some of the first chapters you walk in the dark area and helgasts use lamps. And when they aim it at you, you just being blind and nothing is really visible :)

So yummm.
Lamb-3.jpg

:LOL: oops

I died so many times in this game simply due to checking out scenery and taking pics, I'm pretty content seeing this level of graphics so early in the gen, it bodes very well for the duration:).
1483693_10152042682975289_1980910894_o.jpg

883514_10152041127075289_1905301175_o.jpg

1397690_10152038920870289_1605156237_o.jpg

The GAF screenshot s thread has some beautiful shots !

@Ultragpu: Killer shots, buddy :p ! Hey, GAF found ways to get better quality shots. THey uploadto twitter and then add ":eek:rig" at the end of the link for original quality shots without the Twitter compression. They also have fopund some way via the PS App, which i don't know about, but apparently that gets the best quality shots out of the system.

This reminds me of Metal Gear: Acid 2!
Come to think of it, a strategy game with that style, in the KZ universe would be totally cool.

pmzb7.jpg

The hand looks like something out of Bioshock1. Maybe because of the gun? I don't know. :???:

It looks like the specular-roughness is not entirely correct.

I can't believe so few people are playing KZ:SF MP. (About 2000 people at any time.) It's a lot of fun. It feels a lot like KZ2. Warzone still provides a good amout variety, although for some reason regular TDM seems to be more popular. And you can jump right in. No need for waiting until you unlock a bunch of stuff to be able to compete. The standard kit is good enough, and the unlocks are just weapon attachments and small bonussus to your abilities. There is nothing that increases damage, or something like that.

The GAF screenshot s thread has some beautiful shots !

@Ultragpu: Killer shots, buddy :p ! Hey, GAF found ways to get better quality shots. THey uploadto twitter and then add ":eek:rig" at the end of the link for original quality shots without the Twitter compression. They also have fopund some way via the PS App, which i don't know about, but apparently that gets the best quality shots out of the system.
Mm interesting, might sign up a twitter account at some point then.

I can't believe so few people are playing KZ:SF MP. (About 2000 people at any time.) It's a lot of fun. It feels a lot like KZ2. Warzone still provides a good amout variety, although for some reason regular TDM seems to be more popular. And you can jump right in. No need for waiting until you unlock a bunch of stuff to be able to compete. The standard kit is good enough, and the unlocks are just weapon attachments and small bonussus to your abilities. There is nothing that increases damage, or something like that.

I'm not in a huge hurry ... I can wait until they patch in some chat options. Of course we could use a party on our end, and that's maybe better, but, well, too many games. ;)

Just downloaded the new gamersyde videos, I've not played the game myself, but hot damn if this game doesn't look good!
Just in terms of IQ is light years away from current gen and it definitely feels above 30 fps most of the time making it incredibly fluid.
Graphically it left me with my jaw on the floor, screenshots don't do this game justice, they just have to sort that funky dithering present on the foliage and it will be as good as perfect.
This leaves me optimistic for the upcoming games, just imagine what Naughty Dog and Sony Santa Monica will achieve.

Also props to Gamersyde, they are by far the best at providing HQ capture content.

Last edited by a moderator:
Replaying the SP just to check out every corner of this magnificent looking beast. It just looks too good, way above every other launch titles in overall graphic fidelity. And to think GG mentioned how they could potentially increase the poly count by 2 times, it really is mind boggling.
885835_10152063685655289_1162355386_o.jpg

1399003_10152041175300289_1072135767_o.jpg

BbU5cwYIUAA2o_u.jpg

I don't need more polygons (though doesn't hurt either), but the art and story could use some improvement. :p

Disclaimer - I'm only in the second level.

I agree about the story which is never GG's strong suit, but art wise I thought it was amazing. This is what separates KZ from COD, BF, Crysis and most other shooters. Don't know why you don't like the art Arwin??

I've played through it 3 or 4 times now. It's an entry in the Killzone canon but it doesn't have the same sense of momentum as the other entries in the series. But that's probably because all the characters are new
until the end that is; when Stahl makes a surprise, and short, re-appearance.
I guess I'm secretly disappointed that I didn't see Rico kick the bucket, that was always going to be the high point of the series for me since KZ1. :LOL:

The graphics and art direction are sublime, they get better and better the more you play, for me at least. Probably because I spend more time looking around and less panicking and being a bullet magnet. But the story is overly simple and bland. It's a definite case of the packaging being far better than the contents.

The sections I just didn't like were the
free fall parts
which are just frustrating and depend more on luck than anything else.

As a launch day game it beat my expectations, but as an entry in KZ it fell short. But I find myself looking forward to KillZone 4 now!!

Ya the rain is by far the worst part of the visuals. It's adequate in some parts, but pretty bad in others. The only blemish on the visuals IMO.

Back