KILLZONE Shadow Fall [PS4]

I'm liking it as well. Made it past that stage 7 showdown on my second attempt. It's actually pretty easy as long as you're paying attention.

That was my biggest issue, I missed the bit about
the BFG
and tried fighting my way through it all. Once I got to
the BFG
it was a breeze!

Last edited by a moderator:
lol,
I didn't know about the big gun either... I tried to fight the waves of enemies like 5-6 times before figuring out where I had to go.

My god there some idiots over at Guerilla. Getting shot at from all sides that a lot of fun. Random nonsense boss battle, also fun. Whatever the hell chapter 8 was, more fun. Infinitely respawning enemies, it's just like CoD. Don't they play test something like this? :devilish:

My god there some idiots over at Guerilla. Getting shot at from all sides that a lot of fun. Random nonsense boss battle, also fun. Whatever the hell chapter 8 was, more fun. Infinitely respawning enemies, it's just like CoD. Don't they play test something like this? :devilish:

Just keep moving, use the OWL for a shield to refresh, make sure you use lots of mines and grenades!

Maybe I'm a wimp, but I think they should have made Medium the Hard mode and Easy the Medium mode. KZ SF is probably the hardest shooter I've played. I'm playing through again on Easy and it seems just right.

Maybe I'm a wimp, but I think they should have made Medium the Hard mode and Easy the Medium mode. KZ SF is probably the hardest shooter I've played. I'm playing through again on Easy and it seems just right.

The hardest shooting section I found was
the forest
. Mainly because I couldn't spot the helghast against the scenery! I put that down to my failing eyesight. :oops:

The most annoying death sections were the
free fall sections
. I must have died a dozen times before fluking a survive.

But it is a very unforgiving shooter and the Helghast are still bullet sponges. At least there weren't leagues of
heavies
like in KZ2.

ET4Hy64.jpg

finished it yesterday, like a boss. It says here I finished it on Hard. It's in my language (Dutch). Anyway, I loved the AI, but hated some parts of the game. The forest and some of the 'white lighting'-rooms, as well as the
Helgan
parts looked amazing, and forest and spoiler played absolutely great as well. I have a feeling they wanted to have the whole game like that, but rushed the other parts because of needing to have a big title at launch :(

Still, I mostly liked the game and it made my jaw drop several times.
Also I put the coach 1 meter from the TV, and the image was fantastic. So 1080P certainly adds value!

Goed gedaan!

Looks like you're among 1.4% who completed the game on hard so far. I'll be glad if I manage to finish this on Normal.

Personally so far I'm most impressed with the controls. It does indeed seem to not need aim assist, and it's working great so far.

KZ:SF MP is a rather quiet experience after KZ2's party chat and proximity chat. Only way you can currently have any chat is if you're already in a party with your friends on PS4. Otherwise it's no chat.

Guerilla had a vote on their forums on which feature was the most requested. And in-game party chat was the most requested feature. So we'll probably get eventually. It's still a big oversight though.

Loving the game so far, will post some pictures Sunday. Anyhow, the lighting and particles are jaw dropping at times. Also, I'm actually enjoying the "OWL" doing my dirty work from afar...

I (almost) thoroughly enjoyed the campaign. Kind of a throwback to a time when shooters didn't rely on shallow scripted set-pieces so much. I was particularly impressed by the implementation of all the non-standard gameplay elements. Neither the owl nor the echolocation device have been thrown in just because they were fun to use and looked neat. I felt they were absolutely necessary, especially later on. After all, the Helghast are quite hardy, and if even a single one of them manages to flank you undetected it's usually lights-out for poor Lucas.
Heck, even the story wasn't all bad. I'm okay with a bit of hamminess in the delivery of your message as long as you're at least saying something. Also, Echo is a very cool character. Give her the next game, please.

You can join a warzone by selecting in on the site shadowfall.killzone.com in any browser. You need to be logged on the site with psn id and have KZ running.

I (almost) thoroughly enjoyed the campaign. Kind of a throwback to a time when shooters didn't rely on shallow scripted set-pieces so much. I was particularly impressed by the implementation of all the non-standard gameplay elements. Neither the owl nor the echolocation device have been thrown in just because they were fun to use and looked neat. I felt they were absolutely necessary, especially later on. After all, the Helghast are quite hardy, and if even a single one of them manages to flank you undetected it's usually lights-out for poor Lucas.
Heck, even the story wasn't all bad. I'm okay with a bit of hamminess in the delivery of your message as long as you're at least saying something. Also, Echo is a very cool character. Give her the next game, please.

Oh! I am quite suprised...such a positive review is quite rare from you...damn it, makes the waiting even harder :(

I thought the enemies had the brightest light sources (their eyes) in the game until I saw this oil lamp:

Ba_Kn_SIYAAY4Ly.jpg:large

^ The source of all conflict found : Vekta has OIL :runaway: !

there is a tube-light behind the oil lamp, I guess the light is from there :p

Back