KILLZONE Shadow Fall [PS4]

Wahahaha ! 2+ more freaking days to go ~:love:

sheldon.png

This is starting to look like the best release title

It is...and it always was. Crisp, clean spectacular visuals with customary next gen breaking-glass tech ;) and fun shooter gameplay. Hoping it will be as much fun as RFOM last gen !

BTW, heres the launch trailer from Gamersyde:
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_killzone_shadow_fall_launch_trailer-14825_en.html

Gonna download this and then watch. :cool:

EDIT: Just watched it, The cityscape just looks fabulous : how clean the image looks ! They didn't fix the hair for the characters :(, I thought they would fix it by launch, considering KZ3 had great looking heads :(. Other than that, I am ready to play it without any video compressions :D !

Last edited by a moderator:

+Gorgeous design, Brilliant graphics, Phenomenal framerate, Excellent sound, Precise controls, Full of contrast.
-
Some stupid levels, At times odd combat direction, Uneven difficulty

The mix of exploration, light puzzles, a slower pace and the contrast between Vekta and Helghan, are elements that really stand out. The wonderful graphics, the juxtaposing aesthetics and the masterful audio also impress. A couple of idiotic missions, a weak ending and a bunch of firefights that devolved into something akin to a meaningless guessing game pull the score down to a weak 8 in the end. Guerrilla is capable of more, but if you're dying for a next-gen action experience, this is a game you can't afford to miss.

Add to this the sweetest music we've heard in an action game since the first Halo. Two different composers, independent of each other, have written the music to each side of the game world. Vekta City is a harmonic place that's forced into war, while New Helghan is hell on Earth. This is naturally reflected in the music. Guerrilla mixes mechanical sounds and pulsating music that reminds us of the scores of Inception, Watchmen and 300. At times it feels very powerful and it fits the atmosphere of the game like a glove.

Dust and smoke rest in the air and as they're hit by the searchlight from Owl, graphical magic is born.
:cool:
Frankly, I was expecting a lower score, launch games have many issues, usually.
killzone_988544b.jpg

killzone_988504b.jpg

killzone_988514b.jpg

killzone_988604b.jpg

Next gen has begun ! Just look at that texture res and IQ. U can see aliasing, so these don't seem to be bullshots !!!

IMO, that sounds very promising. It's definately going to be the first game I fire up, for sure. I'm just wondering if I should get the local version or risk ordering it over Amazon CoUk and hope I'll receive it before I get my PS4.

When does Amazon UK start shipping games? Is there a chance they might ship earlier since you can't play the games before the PS4 goes on sale?

:( I just checked out Amazon. Looks like the release date is 29th of November, which means that if you're importing abroad (like I am) it'll take the usual 5-7 working days.

I'm hesitant of buying the "local" version (or the digital version through the local PSN store) because of language. There are far too many games that ditch the original language track or have hard encoded subtitles in only one language, which is pretty annoying if you live in a German speaking country and want the English track. Sony published games seem to be less of a problem though, so perhaps I will take the risk.

I would just hate to order it through Amazon and then come launch day, pick up my PS4 but have to wait another week and a half to play my first game. :S

IGN Review. Guy seems to love the mP. Also, the MP footage looks fantastic man !

Just saying, ppeople who say KZ isn't good enough, I wonder if they everplayed KZ2 SP and MP.

Most of the people who rag on the series have barely touched the games in the series, it's easy to tell lol.

Virtually all of the EG comments are claiming the game is a failure, because a single review on their site gives it a 7/10. Truly nuts. Not every exclusive from the big three is meant to be "the next big thing"... lol.

The GameReactor review (the written part, which is most important) is very telling. Admission of many of the problems like uneven balancing or problems directing the player, while acknowledging the visual grandeur of the game.

It seems to be the most honest appraisal, and what I was expecting. And imperfect game, but with a genuinely next-gen visual flair. It is GG after all.

Yup, like I said above, I was expecting lower scores due to it being a launch game and the videos SP videos were not promising super cool gameplay, but the reviewers seem to love the game :D !

I love the attention to detail they have put into the game. Especially the audio scape. An uneven gameplay throughout is a minor niggle for a launch day game.

Gamespot says the game is not fun, they don't like the slower pace that others are praising. ALso, they say its too easy, which is weird since all previews said its difficult :???: :

They, too, love the MP though.

Back