News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ever since I played Halo 4 and noticed that Humans biggest and baddest new flagship was called Infinity and with the already then lingering rumours about it, I felt that it will most probably called Infinity. :)

nailed it

just some thoughts.. My 21st predictions

recap-Xbox 360 - ring motif, connected, online features and services,
Xbox Infinity - infinite possibilities, connected+, modest specs, PaaS/cloud rendering/computing/AI *enhancements* using Azure infrastructure, (as 2nd gen software features) using display planes and new APIs/ DirectX update, Private cloud streaming functionality of interactive/non interactive content. heavy integration between xbox and windows systems in private and public cloud.

Less of a console launch and more of an ecosystem launch..

:) yep, nailed it.

We now have 3 values for the xbox numbering over the years:
2001 : 1
2005: 360
2013: infinity

In 2021 it will be called the Xbox NaN, or maybe Xbox -360

the infinity logo that posted on ibtimes/eurogamer is now considered leaked? doesnt the reddit user that upload it already says that it its his fan made logo?

the infinity logo that posted on ibtimes/eurogamer is now considered leaked? doesnt the reddit user that upload it already says that it its his fan made logo?

Yup. This is all based on one report off a website I've never heard of (ibtimes) that's using a proven fake image made by a redditer and touting it as a leaked image.

The whole thing is questionable at best. To quote Kotaku

Is that the real logo for the next Xbox?

Nope. It's a Photoshop by a Redditor named C-Ron.

So why do I keep seeing it everywhere?

Because it is an image on the Internet, and images on the Internet never go away. Also, because a lot of people are talking about Xbox Infinity this week.

Where did "Xbox Infinity" come from?

Umm... well, really, the name has been floating around the web for months now, along with Xbox Infinite, and Xbox 8 (trademarked by Microsoft last year), and Xbox Fusion, and Xbox 720, and Xbox [INSERT WHATEVER].

Fixed that for you.
Pi sounds interesting. Aside from that, compared to Xbox 720 or Xbox Fusion, anything else could sound ok to me. Xbox Infinity is still my favourite.

Xbox ∞ & Beyond could be the name of the nextxbox in 2021.

The thing is will Durango losing every single DF faceoff have any significant effect? Negative word of mouth on Durango being the weaker console is probably more important than the small visual disparity between games running on both.

And also remember that the PS4 also comes with PS Eye in the box, which is superficially like Kinect and I doubt your average gamer will be able to know the difference in capabilities between the two - especially if there's also some Dance Central type game available for PS4.

The vs of multiplats games was mainly to see how devs made their engine work on different architecture consoles. I do not think anyone cares about slightly blurred textures or 1-2 fps drops or so on. It is quite irrelevant but nevertheless intresting to know which engine works well on the console and utilizes it better. Unless the game is bayonetta or some really bad port that deserves criticism. Because on one should except such shabby work by devs.

I am pretty sure it is will be identifical next-gen and disparity will be minimum.

The vs of multiplats games was mainly to see how devs made their engine work on different architecture consoles. I do not think anyone cares about slightly blurred textures or 1-2 fps drops or so on. It is quite irrelevant but nevertheless intresting to know which engine works well on the console and utilizes it better. Unless the game is bayonetta or some really bad port that deserves criticism. Because on one should except such shabby work by devs.

I am pretty sure it is will be identifical next-gen and disparity will be minimum.

It depends on if the rumours are true, what the engine is doing and a tonne of other stuff.

But on the face off it, it is pretty hard to get around a 33% GFLOP difference.

The thing is will Durango losing every single DF faceoff have any significant effect? Negative word of mouth on Durango being the weaker console is probably more important than the small visual disparity between games running on both.

And also remember that the PS4 also comes with PS Eye in the box, which is superficially like Kinect and I doubt your average gamer will be able to know the difference in capabilities between the two - especially if there's also some Dance Central type game available for PS4.

PS Eye with every PS4 confirmed????

But seriously, if Sony doesn't do that, they might as well chuck that peripheral into the bin. If it's not included in every console, no developer is going to bother spending any significant amount of time working with it.

You do know the PS3 is within a million or two of the sales of 360, right? Possibly even surpassing it now. Despite the launch debacle, costing $100 more for a long time, launching a year later, and losing most digital foundry comparisons. It appears that the average gamer doesn't really care about the relative power after all.

You don't think that's a little condescending? I mean at their very least, hardware numbers are psychological, and can have an enormous impact on a gamer's choices.

And they're not all clueless "average joes" either, they're just more conscientious. Alot of my older gamer friends are family men, some who used to game exclusively on PC. So they know about gaming hardware, but their entertainment choices are now centered around their families. These average gamers as you call them all saw the Live Event announcement come up on the dashboard, They're talking about it, they're asking questions, and they're lurking right now. They're reading the articles, observing discussions here and there in order to make the best informed decision that they can about which platform to invest in this time. The details aren't lost on them at all, and no one should assume that the information is just flying over their heads. lol

They're paying very close attention to the debate that's being had around the gaming community.

Last edited by a moderator:
Xbox Infinity has been also spotted on Skype. This, most definitely, confirms the name. --thanks MaxterChief for the info-

yfercybssm7i.jpg

LOL, oh yeah, that most definitely confirms it. :rolleyes: Almost anybody could have created that. I think a lot the "news" & "rumors" posted lately confirming this & confirming that is just pure lunacy. I've seen one thing posted that seems credible. I'll sure be happy for the 21st to get here. May even take the day off. :)

Tommy McClain

Last edited by a moderator:
What exactly are we supposed to make of these tweets? It's PR. Would MS post, "Rare=pretty damned good for a lowish spec console even though a decent PC rig could easily outperform it for about the same money" or "Lionhead=Epic, and on PC runs far smoother because it's not saddled by our low spec, overpriced console hardware" or somesuch? Of course not! Irrespective of the console and the services and software, which could be amazing, powerful, great value, a rip-off, dire, slow - we don't yet know - regardless of what will be revealed, everyone involved is going to be saying, "will Blow Your MIIINNNDDD!!!" Everyone making next-gen gamse is going to say, "these consoles are amazingly powerful and will change everything," and not, "meh, they're basically a bit better than now but not much so. I'd save your money if I was you."

Never trust the opinions or comments of anyone who's trying to sell you something!

Pi sounds interesting. Aside from that, compared to Xbox 720 or Xbox Fusion, anything else could sound ok to me. Xbox Infinity is still my favourite.

Xbox ∞ & Beyond could be the name of the nextxbox in 2021.

How else can you make reference to 3 and pizza with one term?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back