Tomb Raider
Ghost Recon
Mass Effect 3
Gears 3
Ryse
Forza 4
Fable 4
Halo 4

That's plenty of stuff, and there's certainly going to be a lot more material from all these games until the end of the week.

I don't think all of these are exclusives, in fact many are multiplatform.

Here's one of the things that wasn't in the briefing:

http://kotaku.com/5809076/cloud-storage-for-game-saves-beacons-coming-to-xbox-live

This alone is more exciting to me than all the other announcements at the briefing combined.
Now they need for the games to be "stored" there so I don't need to swap discs.

And when are they going to make a Windows app where I can be logged into xbox live and get alerts when friends are online or send me a message? I don't understand what's taking them so long to integrate with the PC or phones.

Just a short message to say that I'm really enjoying the Ubisoft conference so far. Lots of interesting games, new stuff and fun winks into the past (they're celebrating 25 years). They have lots of sweet looking games, with very nice art.

Mr. Coffeine should be sedated, though.

LOL at everyone taking turns on Activision and its COD Elite paying service :) The sad truth is that they'll still get away with it and make a lot of money, though.

So I can go to my friends place and sign in to my account and play splitscreen Gears 3?! I hope that's what this is.
That's the impression I got. I'm not sure if you'll have to input your password each time or if the profile details automatically get stored on that box for future use.
Does it require gold membership?
I have no idea. I would guess that it would make business sense to require gold, and would justify the storage outlay. That's just guessing on my part though.

Just a short message to say that I'm really enjoying the Ubisoft conference so far. Lots of interesting games, new stuff and fun winks into the past (they're celebrating 25 years). They have lots of sweet looking games, with very nice art.

the squad based stuff in the new ghost recon is pretty damn cool

Was it really the first time any other motion controller was even mentioned that's not Kinect? I don't recall EA talking about any Wii or PS3 stuff.

Missed the events today. :( Slowly catching up. Love the Halo 4 announcement. Can't believe it's the start of a new trilogy. Halo: CE Anniversary was also great to see. I'll be getting that too. The news on the THIRD major dashboard overhaul came out of left field. Haven't seen all the videos or images on that so far, but color me impressed. As for the other Kinect announcements, didn't surprise me so much. Though can't wait to check out the Kinect Labs. Personally I don't get all the hate. It's an excellent device. It's something I think deserves its financial success. The first few games weren't too bad, but the newer ones look even better. Yes, I'll be buying Kinect Star Wars, Dance Central 2, Kinect Sports 2 & maybe Kinect Disneyland Adventures. I think a lot of the hate wouldn't be so bad if they actually played a few Kinect games with some real life friends. Have some fun for Christ's sake! :D

BTW, here's another thing that wasn't showed off: "Beacons"...

The letter also detailed a system called "Beacons" that allows you to tell your friends when you'd like to play a game. "By setting a Beacon, you tell Xbox LIVE what you want to play. Then, Xbox LIVE lets you know when friends are playing or want to play the same game," Whitten explained. "With Beacons, no matter what you're currently doing on Xbox LIVE, your friends know that it's ok to ask you to play your Beaconed games."

One use case would be setting up a beacon that says you want to play Halo while watching a movie. This lets your friends know that if they want to play as well, they should set up a game. The beacon will be active in the background while you play other games or watch video.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/...orage-to-the-360-as-well-as-beacon-system.ars

That actually sounds cool. An offline game invite. :)

As for the other Kinect announcements, didn't surprise me so much. Though can't wait to check out the Kinect Labs. Personally I don't get all the hate. It's an excellent device. It's something I think deserves its financial success. The first few games weren't too bad, but the newer ones look even better. Yes, I'll be buying Kinect Star Wars, Dance Central 2, Kinect Sports 2 & maybe Kinect Disneyland Adventures. I think a lot of the hate wouldn't be so bad if they actually played a few Kinect games with some real life friends. Have some fun for Christ's sake! :D

Kinect REALLY doesn't demo well in this format. The lag introduced by all of the video processing that happens between the console playing the game and the big screen and video feeds exaggerates the lag that is already present and makes it look much worse than it actually is. They need to either address that or stop doing live stage demos because they are hurting the image of the product by allowing it to show in such unfavorable conditions.

That having been said, I thought Kinect Star Wars demoed horribly even taking that into account. Very disappointed in that title. Ryse made up for it, though.

The letter also detailed a system called "Beacons" that allows you to tell your friends when you'd like to play a game. "By setting a Beacon, you tell Xbox LIVE what you want to play. Then, Xbox LIVE lets you know when friends are playing or want to play the same game," Whitten explained. "With Beacons, no matter what you're currently doing on Xbox LIVE, your friends know that it's ok to ask you to play your Beaconed games."

One use case would be setting up a beacon that says you want to play Halo while watching a movie. This lets your friends know that if they want to play as well, they should set up a game. The beacon will be active in the background while you play other games or watch video.

wow that is cool, add that to the cloud live account and the features just keep getting richer

Launching in early October, the Wireless Speed Wheel is completely wireless and controlled intuitively with precise steering, standard controller buttons/triggers, and haptic feedback with rumble. The device is compatible with all racing games right out of the box*. The Wireless Speed Wheel will be available for $59.99 (U.S. ERP) and will ship to retailers worldwide beginning September 26, 2011. This device combines a fun and immersive driving experience with the biggest racing game of the year, the best rated “Forza Motorsport.”

With trigger buttons for gas and brake, combined with a rumble feedback, the Xbox 360 Wireless Speed Wheel provides intuitive standard controller buttons that immerse the driver into the game, whether you like to white knuckle it down the race track with your hands at “10 and 2” or “9 and 3.”

The new Xbox 360 Wireless Speed Wheel balances the realism of a wheel with the feel of a controller for greater user edge in game play. It includes buttons for game specific functions including triggers, ABXY and D-pad along with green bands of lights on each handle to provide visual cues when necessary.

For more information on the Wireless Speed Wheel, visit www.xbox.com.

5803366024_90f35894f7_b.jpg

5802809701_640b3c572f_b.jpg

Kinect REALLY doesn't demo well in this format. The lag introduced by all of the video processing that happens between the console playing the game and the big screen and video feeds exaggerates the lag that is already present and makes it look much worse than it actually is. They need to either address that or stop doing live stage demos because they are hurting the image of the product by allowing it to show in such unfavorable conditions.

Totally agree. But the problem is that the so called 'hard core' still give it flack even with that known & without having even tried it themselves. One good thing though is Kinect won't die without them. The regular folks will continue

That having been said, I thought Kinect Star Wars demoed horribly even taking that into account. Very disappointed in that title. Ryse made up for it, though.

Star Wars looked fun to me. It's not just lightsabers & using The Force. There is podracing & X-wing flying too. It also encompasses both trilogy's. Personally I can't wait to play it. Ryse was OK, nothing extraordinary. But I'm sure as more details are made available my opinion will change.

Tommy McClain

So it looks like the bigger leaks that are MIA include:

Fusion: Whatever
Price drop
Gears of War: Exile/Gears of War Kinect
Full 3D Stereo support
Xbox Live Diamond

I agree with bkilian, it's interesting at what they didn't announce.

Tommy McClain

Given that we were shown a demo of capturing people's faces to make better avatars, I'm surprised Bioware didn't (or wasn't able to) show off something similar to create a more accurate you-as-Shepard. Maybe it's too crazy to keep within the confines of their animation or something... I don't know. I'm not the expert there. *cough* But I mean... default male shepard is based off of a real person too.

Given that we were shown a demo of capturing people's faces to make better avatars, I'm surprised Bioware didn't (or wasn't able to) show off something similar to create a more accurate you-as-Shepard. Maybe it's too crazy to keep within the confines of their animation or something... I don't know. I'm not the expert there. *cough* But I mean... default male shepard is based off of a real person too.
That avatar capturing was basically just capturing a photo of the face and applied it to the avatar, it didn't look like it actually modeled the face with much detail at all.
ME3 would look odd with that technology.

Back