Dark Souls

Wow, I feel cheated by fellow players. :LOL:

The comments in that YouTube video are pretty funny.

Tetris951Jan 17, 2012
that cleric was like "i see what you did there", then "it will not work with meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"

Yeah I usually avoid invaders but if the boss is too tough, I'll try with network plugged in. The silent helpers are a godsend.

Hey Yemeth, I haven't seen any game breaking slowdown yet, at least not like the giant rolling felines in Darkwood. Is it
Kalameet
?

2 more bosses (
Kalameet & Manus
) to go. I have already helped someone beat the latter. Meanwhile I'm enjoying the player invasions now. Too bad summon is rare these days.

Hey Yemeth, I haven't seen any game breaking slowdown yet, at least not like the giant rolling felines in Darkwood. Is it
Kalameet
?

2 more bosses (
Kalameet & Manus
) to go. I have already helped someone beat the latter. Meanwhile I'm enjoying the player invasions now. Too bad summon is rare these days.

Can I fight Manus in the base game or is that only available in the DLC content?On a sidenote, I'm heading back down again to the Catacombs, make my through the Tome of The Giants to battle Gravelord Nito..Wish me luck...:devilish:

Only in the DLC.

Do you have the right weapon for the Catacomb ?

Your description reminds me of a Gaffer who completed the Catacomb in one try. To avoid all the hassle, he sprinted through the level without any map knowledge, outrunning all the skeleton warriors through the maze. And beat Nito. Must be an over-leveled dude. :LOL:

EDIT: Yemeth mentioned we could refight a boss in the original game after we beat the DLC. I don't know who that is.

Only in the DLC.

EDIT: Yemeth mentioned we could refight a boss in the original game after we beat the DLC. I don't know who that is.

Hello patsu,

to answer first the question about DLC issues above, it were not slowdowns, but graphical glitches, "missing" effects and disappeiring stuff (hard to explain but if you encounter it you will probably think your PS3 overheated or something, you cannot miss it).

Second question, you can not refight it (if it is killed, you need to wait until next new game plus), but if you fight it again, the cutscene changes. So, it is a normal end boss from the original, "only" the cutscene has been changed if you fight him AFTER you played through the DLC! I have got the tip somewhere, but as I stopped playing Dark Souls I have just looked for an HD youtube video. I mean, it is only a few seconds cutscene difference, but this is all about Miyazaki and his subtle ways, I hate that they will replace it with a "more direct" approach. How about the replace the obsolete and old japanese "let´s trigger the NPC this way and only this way" designs instead to change the things that make this game better...

@ShadowWolf64

No, you can not. If you like the standard game, you will also like the DLC!

Enjoy...

Ok, in that case, I think I know which Dark Soul boss is affected by the DLC.
You could summon the boss to help fight Manus right ? ^_^

I have been loitering in the last bonfire for the past few nights. Got summoned about once every 10-15 minutes while I work late into the night.

Folks, you should be able to see my soul stone right by the entrance to the Abyss after 10:00pm PST almost every night. :p

If I keep my shield up, Manus can't deal any damage to me anymore. It takes a long time to wear him down. I need a more powerful weapon. Am using a Black Knight Sword + 5 now. Will try Abyss Greatsword + 11 Humanities tonight.

Any suggestion on high damage weapon will be welcomed !
The few stats scaling weapons I tried (e.g. Artorias Greatsword) don't really scale that well.

I think I will attempt NG++ next week.

Only in the DLC.

Do you have the right weapon for the Catacomb ?

Your description reminds me of a Gaffer who completed the Catacomb in one try. To avoid all the hassle, he sprinted through the level without any map knowledge, outrunning all the skeleton warriors through the maze. And beat Nito. Must be an over-leveled dude. :LOL:

:LOL:My character is a lvl 90 and is a very powerful heavy weapons user along with being balanced in long range combat, magic and sorcerer..I demolished Pinwheel in a minute or so thanks to my Zweihander+7 which was very unfair for him.I'm currently in Tomb of the Giants and that place is a darkened hellhole to say the least.I'm thoroughly taking my time in this specific area and it's been working well thus far.This game is simply addicting and can't wait to tackle NG+...Good times indeed.

Heh heh, I like Zweihander too. Am at lvl183. I may have to tackle the remaining bosses alone. 8^\

Unhollowed the other day to look for partners but no one came. :(

... and done !
Kalameet
is tougher than
Manus
!

There is no end DLC cutscene ? I killed all the bosses and that's it ?

... and done !
Kalameet
is tougher than
Manus
!

There is no end DLC cutscene ? I killed all the bosses and that's it ?

Congratulations, with both bosses, you mentioned, I had plenty of help. Especially with the final boss, due to the horrible graphical glitches, without the help I probably could not finish it any way.

I think there was a short "oops I died" cutscene, but like you I was like "is that it?". Did you enjoy the DLC or were you disappointed?

Manus was manageable with half a Havel set, and magic resistance ring (I was level 183). However it took a long time to wear him down, and I made stupid mistakes in my first two tries that costed me my life.

They put a fog door behind the Oolocile Township bonfire. It's the closest spawn point to beat Kalameet. I thought I could summon helpers there and defeat Kalameet quickly. I had to change plan to fight Manus first since we could only venture downwards from the Township bonfire.

Kalameet was much more unpredictable. 1-2 of its attacks could not be defended with a shield because they came from above. That's where I got into trouble. Also defeated it with another gamer.

Far fewer people leave their soul stone in Oolocile Sanctuary. I never see anyone there. I picked up a last minute helper right outside Kalameet's fog door.

The DLC is a quick refresh. It's all familiar ground now. So not much surprises. I did co-op more by leaving my soul mark everywhere I go.

In this DLC, I noticed that I look forward to invasions. The human enemies are more cunning and have more nasty surprises. :D

I didn't have any expectation. So this DLC definitely helps scratch the itch. I'll probably stay and help other players beat the bosses for a while.

In NG++, I'm trying to see if I could increase my endurance to wear the full Havel set, and roll around without penalty.

EDIT: Oh, I also killed every NPC in this DLC for their loot.

Hello patsu,

thanks for the great and long reply. I think the combination of your soul level and with playing the DLC much later than the original release was why you did not found so many soul signs.

For example in the first days I was constantly (I mean constantly!) invaded in the area before the guardian boss, also there were quite a lot soul signs to summon from...

Ooh, you are already with NG++, respect!

Not yet. I am playing MP with other players. I could level up 4-5 times a night this way. I could get quite a few summons *only* in Oolacile Township

I am not a great player, just more experienced because I play more. :)

I did get invaded frequently in human form. :( The helpers are far and few, except at the Township bonfire.

Some of the players are unbelievable. Like one of them yesterday, I could only shave off 6 HP per hit double handed. Was speechless after my first hit. <8^O

Ha ha, yes. I play both the Souls game daily now. I didn't realize it before but Dark Souls in general is more forgiving. The regular grunts hit hard but not as nefarious as the Demon's Souls grunt. The latter also has noticeably better atmosphere and art. The more powerful knights in World 1 could still take me down one-on-one if I made the wrong move, and I am an end game character. Only final boss in NG+ left. In Dark Souls, they will need multiple grunts to kill me (accidentally).

Hopefully they leave Dark Souls 2 intact.

I think it really depends on the type of grunt. The zombies in 1.1 aren't any more likely to kill you than the guys in Undead Burg, while the knights in Anor Londo or the Pinwheel skeletons in the catacombs can and will obliterate you if you get cocky no matter how high your level is. There's also lots of middle and high tier non-boss enemies in Darks Souls which hit incredibly hard (headless demon and giant dog skeletons spring to mind) It's also an awful lot easier to cheese enemies in Demon's Souls, especially if you have a good bow and lots of dexterity.

I'm glad DS2 goes back to the server-based multi-player. Multi-player in Dark Souls was pretty much completely busted for me.

Yeah, I love the $$$ Anor Londo knights. They have high damage but is quite predictable very quickly. The Dark Wraiths are similar in this aspect. Both are handsomely done.

The pinwheel skeleton warrior is probably my most feared grunt. I take care of them by fooling them to run into a wall. Sometimes, they would glitch into the wall and disappear without me doing anything.

The freaking 4-1 skeleton warrior and the World 1 knights have more varied moves. I enjoy fighting them more than the Dark Souls grunts. The knights have one-hit kill even for my end game character. The Anor Londor knights and the pinwheel can't one hit kill me.

May be my Dark Souls character is too high level. XD

Back