Dark Souls

Another painful experience last night. We've run the second bell and have just passed through the gate, and are exploring the area with the large balls rolling around. We fought our way to the top and died from a poorly timed run. We then fought our way to the top again, collected our junk, and carried on up to the next area outside. At this point all we wanted was a campfire to save our 35,000 souls. My friend who was at the controls at the time didn't understand my warning about the obvious burn marks on the floor and got fried a couple of times by the giant firebombs, but he survived and got into safety. We were considering where to go next, just wanting a campfire. There was a narrow walkway without any burn marks, so I deemed it safe from attack. We headed out that way. A bomb was dropped on our heads. We died, and went all the way back to the campfire leaving our 35,000 souls behind.

Never found the bonfire in Sen's Fortress myself. Doesn't really matter, though. There's a pretty handy short-cut waiting to be opened as well. I loved that stage personally. (even though I was eaten by a chest)

Never found the bonfire in Sen's Fortress myself. Doesn't really matter, though. There's a pretty handy short-cut waiting to be opened as well. I loved that stage personally. (even though I was eaten by a chest)

Sen's Fortress is maybe the most important level in the game IMO, it's a hard as hell level that's right after the already nerve wrecking Blighttown...it feels like in this level that the game tests you and see if you're worthy for this game or not - when I died and went back to the bonfire above the blacksmith for the 10th time I was wondering if I'm a masochist, I then laughed and crossed that damn bridge again.

Sen's Fortress is a difficult spike, a barrier between the player and the game, a brutal patience and persistence test if you like but definitely an awesome one...call me a weirdo but I seriously love this level. :p

As I have never finished the game, now I am itching to do so...

I am at
the Four Kings and was killed at least half a dozen times several months ago.
Now I will give it another try, I gave up as I could not find any people to invite to help me (usually before the boss areas there were always signs, this one was apparently an exception).

What is even worse I am seriously thinking of buying the PC game, even though I have never finished this one (just to give FROM Software more incentive to continue making games in these great universes). :rolleyes:

Anyone else still playing this game? New game ++++++++++++ :D ?

I'm kinda stuck at The Four Kings fight as well, except in new game+. I guess I have to learn how to fight them properly now. First time around I simply went in with a huge amount of poise and we traded blows until it was over.

It is undoubtedly one of the hardest boss battle in NG+, Ornstein and Smough are the hardest in my opinion (but very easy with help from phantoms).
But you simply need high damage character with two phantoms who do high damage for Four Kings regardless if it's New game or new game +. And fire seems to do the most damage to them followed by lightning.

Also when you kill a king and he's in his dying animation, don't stop hitting him their combined health bar still takes damage and this helps a lot. Also if you have Havel's Great shield just use the shield's special ability which is basically Iron Flesh minus the movement penalty. Also you can get Witch Beatrice to summon before the battle, though she's obviously not much of a help in NG+.

I am playing this with a new character from scratch and right now I'm at the point where I've finished everything except the 4 lord souls. I'm just searching around for extra equipment and things that I might've missed.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the best game of the generation, imo. I rebought it on the PC and at this point I think I've put in 200 hours or so.

The neogaf graphics mods really make this look great and frankly to me make the compelling argument for new consoles.

Right now, I'm stuck on 4 Kings as well, I'm trying a soul level 1 pyromancer playthrough. I hate the abyss level because for some reason, it really screws with my depth perception. I always think I'm close enough to hit the one of the kings when in reality I'm a couple of steps away.

Hello,

thank you all for replying... I spent many, many more hours on Dark Souls after my posting, with the help of some great players on PSN I managed to beat the Four Kings, made two new chars (one I am in new game+) and finished the DLC. Only the graphical glitches in the DLC were really a gigantic disappointment and ruined the immersion. In these moments we can really notice Patsus absence, he would have posted the trailer for Dark Souls 2 a minute after it was announced :) . Hope he is well...

BTW, you can find a demonstration of the Dark Souls 3D Map Viewer! here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyTB5vhKGSI .

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/b6kqp19eqo61o98/dksmv-0.2.zip

Of course, it is recommended only to look at it if you have finished the game.

Cheers...

Is it me or the DLC or my corrupted save ? The X button on both my PS3s failed. The other buttons are ok. I can't swing my weapon now.

Back