Image Quality and Framebuffer Speculations for WIP/alpha/beta/E3 games *Read the first post*

AlStrong already answered on the resolution of last 2, but the first 2 are IMO definately bullshots, far too great quality

The rest get dynamic AO in the ways described in GDC talk - it may not be uniformly 'elegant' as a screenspace solution, but it sure looks better then one from what I've seen.
We actually use a strikingly similar technology in our new tech. But we real time bake majority of the AO to our virtual texture cache, so majority of the AO pixels can be reused from frame to frame. We bake nothing offline, as user created content is very big part of our next game.

Well, if you're using what you calculated once for multiple frames, you've effectively "pre-calculated" it for all (/but one) of those frames, right? So, you've "baked" it in. But you calculated it in a time comparable to rendering a/several frames (real time) rather than seconds/minutes/hours (non-real time). So...

In other words, [insert cookie analogy here].

We actually use a strikingly similar technology in our new tech. But we real time bake majority of the AO to our virtual texture cache, so majority of the AO pixels can be reused from frame to frame. We bake nothing offline, as user created content is very big part of our next game.
OOOh, how exciting. Can't wait to see it. Any ETA on that?:cool:

Hey guys did anyone checked out the new Lost Planet Multiplayer demo? looks like 720p with no AA to me.

No codes (PS3 + 360), no demo. :p I'm not particularly desperate enough to play it, so I will wait until the public release. ;)

Unless someone else has direct output captures? (with minimal minimal minimal compression if at all)

hehe too much compression now! What's curious is that the first link looked a helluva lot sharper despite having edges that indicated a scaling of sorts. Bizarro. :s

But thanks. I think we'll have to wait for someone to grab something or until I get ahold of the demos.

I played the PS3 ver of Lost Planet 2 MP demo & I am very disappointed. Framebuffer seems to be 720p 0*AA ... presumably first capcom developed game to not feature any AA & Vsync (on PS3 atleast) ?

The other complain I have is that Object Motion Blur shader something which you had in LP1,Dead Rising & RE5 is missing or almost non-existent here.

Last edited by a moderator:
I played the PS3 ver of Lost Planet 2 MP demo & I am very disappointed. Framebuffer seems to be 720p 0*AA with no V-sync engaged, presumably first capcom developed game to not feature any AA & Vsync (on PS3 atleast) ? And the tearing is unlike RE5 xbox 360 where it occurred mostly on the top half, here it can happen in the middle of the screen.

The other complain I have is that Object Motion Blur shader something which you had in LP1,Dead Rising & RE5 is missing or almost non-existent here. Its a OT but I'm gonna mention that the biggest disappointment is the framerate, I doubt if its even 30FPS for the most part.

hmm? I remember a demo some time ago and I can almost swear that I saw motion blur. Perhaps its absent from the MP?

This demo looks (textures!) and runs (tearing, framerate!) muuuuch worse than previous demo, I don't know how this is possible :(

Back