Image Quality and Framebuffer Speculations for WIP/alpha/beta/E3 games *Read the first post*

Folks, this isn't about complaints or disappoints or necessary praise. If you know your post is OT, take it to the proper thread. This is strictly analysis. It's not that difficult. I don't have to keep reminding people.

Moving appropriate posts. sigh.

Framebuffer seems to be 720p 0*AA with no V-sync engaged

As far as I can tell of the PS3 version, AA is absent just like in the SP demo.

Object Motion Blur shader something which you had in LP1,Dead Rising & RE5 is missing or almost non-existent here.
hmm? I remember a demo some time ago and I can almost swear that I saw motion blur. Perhaps its absent from the MP?
Yes, probably disabled for MP gameplay & framerate.

I played the PS3 ver of Lost Planet 2 MP demo & I am very disappointed. Framebuffer seems to be 720p 0*AA ... presumably first capcom developed game to not feature any AA & Vsync (on PS3 atleast) ?

The other complain I have is that Object Motion Blur shader something which you had in LP1,Dead Rising & RE5 is missing or almost non-existent here.

Why would they drop visual quality and performance further with development? Is the mp really all that more demanding than single player?

Edit: Oh, it just occurred to me that now they have 4 player split screen support, so maybe they had to drop visual quality... However, for supporting 4 players they should have improved performance not decreased it XD

Edit 2: Don't know from which version the photos posted up there are, but they do show the very nice motion blur we all learned to love :p (But it does seem more subtle)

Edit 2: Don't know from which version the photos posted up there are, but they do show the very nice motion blur we all learned to love :p (But it does seem more subtle)
I can't see object motion Blur in any of the screenshots that's in that link.
You have 2-3 images where you have the blur but that's not object MB, but rather the blur that is cause when something explodes. [seen in previous Capcom games too]

I can't see object motion Blur in any of the screenshots that's in that link.
You have 2-3 images where you have the blur but that's not object MB, but rather the blur that is cause when something explodes. [seen in previous Capcom games too]

You are right, there is one image with one masked guy falling and his leg is blurred... I thought it was due the movement, but turns out there's a big explosion going on right in front of him :p

So no improvements over SF4 ? :|

See This shot, the leaves on the top right corner, look really nice on 360 with very fine details, but on PS3 its just a green colored messy blob

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought PS3 switched to lower resolution when the camera zooms in while doing an ultra combo...never realized it switched to lower reso even during intro scene & end match scenes.

Been busy lately. There looks like a 3/4 ratio in both dimensions off-hand (1,2,double pixel step, 1,2 double-pixel step... etc. You can see it sorta). Won't have time to do anything more conclusive for awhile.

Back