E3 Microsoft Conference Thread

Cortana :love::love::love:

Assassin's Creed had a nice showing; I liked her very much. Resident Evil 5 caught my eye too.

So was anyone actually there? It felt like Peter Moore and Bell were just trading spots between the stage and the mic so that there was someone clapping... It didn't feel exciting to be there, which I guess is exactly part of the cut downs. ;)

Here are my highlights:

All games shown are due 2007 (except RE5).
Peter Moore, as he said, certainly isn't afraid of making a fool out of himself (I really respect that).
Rock Band shown but no exclusivity announcement.

"In NA, we sold close to Wii since it came out" ???

GTA, Madden, Halo sales emphasis .

New board game: "Scene it" based on the real one apparently.
New wireless (?) controller. colorful, simple (casual friendly?). Buzz like big button and 3 or 4 smaller ones. I don't remember any motion sensing mentioned.

Naruto (Ubi) trailer. Apparently it is very popular with younglings (they seem to value that).

"7 million XBOX Live members."

"Forza 2 bestseller in Europe".

"Xbox 360 is the most powerful console"

Viva Pinata, Gears coming to Windows.
Cliffy confirmed Gears on XP.

UE3 includes/to include Games for Windows Live support.

Bioshock will be exclusive to Windows and Xbox when it comes next month.

CoD4 online beta on 360 only!. (public I presume).
GTA4 trailers are from 360.

RE5 trailer shown, but not going to be available on Marketplace right now.

@80 Halo presentation started. Some CGI (no applause)
Halo 3 console (no applause)
@83 listing game lineup once again
@85 2-minute Halo gameplay trailer

Overall lot's of "we can wii" messages, especially during the first half. Good third party showing, but no surprises.

I was trying to do some coding while taking notes via inline comments in Emacs, might have missed a lot, certainly didn't watch most of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think the fact that all games shown arecoming this yr except resident evil is a good showing. they concentrated on the holiday lineup, which looked very impressive

Resident Evil 5 running on 360 was great so was GTA4.
COD4 looked hot.
Halo 3 looked good but a bit choppy.
PGR4 is good.
XBLA is good.

Otherwise above average conference IMO.

I don't think going in anyone really questioned this years line-up and they dedicated the entire conference to it. The Halo3 and RE5 trailers were great as was some of the other content but to me they failed again to capitalize on their opportunities. Not sure they have what it takes as a company to really captivate peoples imagination.

Ok... strong game library. I guess that's what the gamers have been asking for. That Halo console may give them the opportunity to adjust price when it launches in September. Should give them ample time to see how well PS3 sell.

They have to be waiting to drop bigger news. If not then it was a baad Keynote. Well more in a sense there were zero surprises. I did think COD4 looked very impressive as did Halo 3 and i'm glad they showed RE5 but with a crappy Gamespot video player it was hard to tell.

Meh, I was hoping for some surprises and lots of new footage of games. Instead, lots of what we saw has been available on the marketplace and on gametrailers. The halo footage was awesome, the lighting looked incredible, but I don't think it was enough to save the conference.

Oh well, at least Golden Axe and Sonic are on xbox live arcade right now.

Pretty weak showing, not sure why I wasted my time watching that. The number of new announcements gamewise was zilch, no NG2, Fable or Banjo.

Halo looked OK, but outclassed by COD4 and RE5 for sure.

Really looking forward to Sony's show tomorrow.

Oh, and Lost Odyssey looks freakin awesome.

MS e3 Conference was very average. That's how I would summon it up.

Still can't get over the fact that Peter Moore was singing. :oops:

I am completely disappointed with the conference. Nothing new was announced, not even a price drop. The only thing worth watching was RE5 trailer.

Halo 3 footage was awesome.

The rest of the conference was boring.

This "only 07 games" thing was stupid. We all know the most hype inducing games are the farthest off. Now watch Sony come in and blow people away with a bunch of 08 games. Dumb self-limit MS.

I'm not sure how much of it was just MS not considering this "real" E3 and not trying very hard, though.

While I can appreciate the "2007 Only" (for the most part) theme, they should've added some fluff to the conference. You know damn well the other 2 will!

Back