• uTorrent

Votes: 59 73.8%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 7 8.8%

• Total voters

digitalwanderer

wandering
Legend
I'm finally giving uTorrent a try after years of faithfully using Azureus, and I gotta admit I really like it.

Which do you use?

uTorrent. I use the web GUI very often and then uTorrent is so efficent. Azureus just seems way to much and uses so much memory for no real reason.

uTorrent. It's just so....micro. :) I used to use Azureus but I was young... I didn't know... :oops: :p I switched over as soon as my brother introduced it to me. Azureus has a few too many "love handles" by comparison.

The only reason I gave uTorrent a try was because Azureus was hanging my net connection on Bubbles for some reason after the reinstall.

Glad I tried it though, I am hooked. Small, efficient, fast. Does everything I want it to that I used to do with Azureus, (up/down limits, updating torrents, etc), and I found everything easily without reading the manual.

Two big thumbs up. :)

yeah! It is very well designed, and I hope it stays that way. :) I haven't had any problems with it so far.

I voted other, I buy what i need/want. :cool:

Although I think Ive used torrents when one of the MMORPG (dungeons and dragon online?) betas had a built in torrent client downloader.

Believe it or not Epic there is a lot of awesome material out on the web that is completely legal to download. BitTorrent is a great help as these sites are able to run on relatively low bandwidth and simply link the torrent file to some great stuff out there and therefore not worry about bandwidth costs. Not to mention so many open source ventures nearly always wish for you to use the torrent as it saves them bandwidth costs. There's no reason not to use torrents as generally you can get a good download going and be doing some good at the same time. I would venture to say 90% of my torrents are for various Linux distros and I am sure the people behind the distros are thankful when someone uses the torrent and not suck bandwidth from mirrors.

Google search "legal torrents" for just a clue.

i once tried installing Azureus, but Nod complained that one of the .dlls it was sticking in the system directory was known spyware.

Believe it or not Epic there is a lot of awesome material out on the web that is completely legal to download. BitTorrent is a great help as these sites are able to run on relatively low bandwidth and simply link the torrent file to some great stuff out there and therefore not worry about bandwidth costs. Not to mention so many open source ventures nearly always wish for you to use the torrent as it saves them bandwidth costs. There's no reason not to use torrents as generally you can get a good download going and be doing some good at the same time. I would venture to say 90% of my torrents are for various Linux distros and I am sure the people behind the distros are thankful when someone uses the torrent and not suck bandwidth from mirrors.

Google search "legal torrents" for just a clue.
:???: Err, I mentioned that I downloaded a beta using a torrent client offered from a publisher.

Google search "how to read the whole post" for just a clue. ;)

:???: Err, I mentioned that I downloaded a beta using a torrent client offered from a publisher.

Google search "how to read the whole post" for just a clue. ;)

The ignorance of your first comment must have blinded me from what you were actually implying.

i once tried installing Azureus, but Nod complained that one of the .dlls it was sticking in the system directory was known spyware.
When was this?

Nt touched Azureus in the last year and a half at least probably (nor torrents as a whole actually) but at that point I had no spyware complaints from NOD.

It didn't work so good I think (using huge amounts of RAM for examplewhen ownloading big files and autoupdate issues and uPnP errors) but no spyware warnings.

Did you download from the official site? because I remember when Azureus was the overwhelmingly most popular client (not sure if it still is) "non-canon" download sites would sometimes load up the installer with scumware.

Peace.

I did use utorrent a while back, but for some reason it doesn't like pc, no matter what operating system its on my entire pc eventually crashes.

So back to Azureus now, not a single crash yet.

When was this?

Nt touched Azureus in the last year and a half at least probably (nor torrents as a whole actually) but at that point I had no spyware complaints from NOD.

It was quite a while ago, and off download.com. I tried it again just now and it was fine. May have been a dodgy repackaged install or something.

A few years ago I began using Bitcomet. It was nice, small and fast. However, it was being blocked by many trackers.

Then I decided to switch to Azureus, even though I wasn't comfortable with the fact that it was in Java and used too much memory. But I'll tell you, azureus is very good and I like its interface.

After reading your comments, uTorrent is on its way.... :)

It was quite a while ago, and off download.com. I tried it again just now and it was fine. May have been a dodgy repackaged install or something.

It was exactly that. A dodgy repacked install. I remember a thread from back then. The corresponding version from the official site didn't have the dll in it.

Utorrent for small and efficient, BitSpirit for the kitchen sink.

I gave BitSpirit a try out not to long ago and found it rather interesting. Had way more than I needed but at the time it was downloading several files at faster speeds compared to uTorrent. Of course BitSpirit at that point was not stable at all and crashed so much that uTorrent in the end probably would have finished the download quicker. Might have to check it out again some day and see if it uses a sane amount of memory and is stable.

Back