Beyond3D game

Frank

Certified not a majority
Veteran
Why don't we all make our own 3D game together? As a learning experience for everyone around here, to show how it should be done? And it would be fun.

Who has any creative ideas about what it should be? I would like some RPG elements.

And if there is enough enthousiasm, how are we going to manage it?

Fantastic idea, DiGuru!

I suggest something relatively simple, but open-ended so you can play as you like. And there should be killing. And low gravity.

I wish I could actually contribute something meaningful, but I'm just a hobbiest/beginner.

Fantastic idea, DiGuru!

I suggest something relatively simple, but open-ended so you can play as you like. And there should be killing. And low gravity.

I wish I could actually contribute something meaningful, but I'm just a hobbiest/beginner.
Don't worry. There will be plenty to contribute for people who don't know how to program. Can you write stories? Draw art? Make textures? Manage a team? Advertize? Etc.

How about this: we'll take some game, like DeusEx, and say what we do and don't like about it. And see where that gets us.

******s versus the Moderators :devilish:
Fine by me. Let's make some 3D representation of the logical innards of a PC, and try to take over the command center, located in the GPU, protected by the mods. :)

Data highways the matrix way or such. And the mods can materialize monsters from games that are (virtually) playing on the PC, or dump you inside them.

Something like that?

i can volunteer some good writing/planning (i promise!) and a heaping helping of music/sound experience (though, sadly, not sound programming experience)! :D given the diverse and disparate range of minds this is likely to attract, most of my best ideas involve "abstract" gaming... Vib-Ribbon or Rez, it'd seem fitting to challenge these paragons of simple gameplay given all the diehard we have in here. But I suspect we'll wind up with an RPG... ;) we're so verbose...

Edit: btw, i LOVE the idea immediately above. not only is the idea of battling just below the surface of a circuitboard fascinating, it's kinda easy... and makes good parallels about the future of travel, warfare, and... ok it's a touch hackneyed but we could make it work. ;p

Last edited by a moderator:
Fine by me. Let's make some 3D representation of the logical innards of a PC, and try to take over the command center, located in the GPU, protected by the mods. :)

Data highways the matrix way or such. And the mods can materialize monsters from games that are (virtually) playing on the PC, or dump you inside them.

Something like that?
Yes!

i can volunteer some good writing/planning (i promise!)
Accepted. When can we read the first draft of the storyline?

;)

and a heaping helping of music/sound experience (though, sadly, not sound programming experience)! :D given the diverse and disparate range of minds this is likely to attract, most of my best ideas involve "abstract" gaming... Vib-Ribbon or Rez, it'd seem fitting to challenge these paragons of simple gameplay given all the diehard we have in here. But I suspect we'll wind up with an RPG... ;) we're so verbose...
That's fine by me!

Edit: btw, i LOVE the idea immediately above. not only is the idea of battling just below the surface of a circuitboard fascinating, it's kinda easy... and makes good parallels about the future of travel, warfare, and... ok it's a touch hackneyed but we could make it work. ;p
And we could please anyone by adding detours and challenges that are exactly what they want.

Back