Rpsc Rip?

Sounds reasonable to me it something to use while there ain't nothing interesting in the 3d section ( I try to keep out of the console area )

I can't help but smile a bit over "genocide and warez" (tho of course I support stomping on both). Reminds me of a beauty pageant contestant asked about her life goals --"I'm going to work to end world poverty and war. . .and get my own apartment." :LOL:

YAY! A fixture in my life hasn't been torn away from me.

Or

DAMN! Now I will still be drawn, like a moth to the flame, and distracted from getting important things done in life.

:cool: Glad to hear it will return. Maybe it should be called UNCENSORED! or UNCUT! or some such Hollywood style name.

funny, To send emails or PMs about some lame post in the RPSC, to mods... That should be a banning right there. If you cant take the hate then leave. Cause really its all about hate. There should be noway to report posts in the lunatic forum. If the mods cant keep up then the mods should quit and let sombody else do it, that forum isnt for pussys, just hate filled ignorents and the good people with "my" love for liberty and the easylife. If ya complain then you get banned. Not just banned but you have to post in the console forum for a month!

I'm the big guy.

RSPC will be back soon, but we'll run it a bit differently from before. It'll be *unmoderated, and it'll also be completely invisible to guest users browsing the forums.

You'll opt-in to take part at your own discretion, with clear warning that you're entering the minefield and that there's no protection from the moderation team. There'll also be no barrier to entry as reputation goes, but you'll still need to be at least a Junior Member in terms of usergroup.

So effectively you guys can post as you please and the site staff will only take an interest if serious crossing of The Line(tm) takes place. You're all big enough and ugly enough to self-moderate in there, and we realise that. Hope that's cool with everyone.

I understand the place needs the RSPC forum, but it was becoming a problem for me as far as intended growth opportunities and whatnot went. Hope you understand that we had to close it for a day or two, but it was necessary while we pondered the best way to reopen it so it could live and breathe freely. It was never going to go away, though :smile:

Cheers, and keep an eye out for instructions on how to get yourself back in there, should you so wish, as soon as we're done making the requisite changes.

*Things like genocide advocation and warez we'll still shit on you for ;)
Good, thank you. Glad to see y'all decided in favor of keeping it.

EDITED BITS: You could have saved us all a lot of angst if you'd mentioned just this bit before closing it or shortly after-

"I understand the place needs the RSPC forum, but it was becoming a problem for me as far as intended growth opportunities and whatnot went. Hope you understand that we had to close it for a day or two, but it was necessary while we pondered the best way to reopen it so it could live and breathe freely. It was never going to go away, though"

If it had happened and we all knew it was a temporary thing there wouldn't have been any fuss.

EDITED BITS: You could have saved us all a lot of angst if you'd mentioned just this bit before closing it or shortly after-

If it had happened and we all knew it was a temporary thing there wouldn't have been any fuss.
And what fun would that have been? I find the hummor in the squealing.

And what fun would that have been? I find the hummor in the squealing.
You're an evil, evil person Karlotta. :p

I have the oddest feeling it didn't go down quite the warm/fuzzy way Rys is saying, but I like where it'll end up so I'll just keep my private musings to myself.

I have the oddest feeling it didn't go down quite the warm/fuzzy way Rys is saying, but I like where it'll end up so I'll just keep my private musings to myself.

Sorry, we can neither confirm nor deny there were feathers, honey, and an anteater involved in reaching the final decision. :cool:

I was just playing out the mod forum conversations in my head that must have been going on, scary thing is I bet half of 'em are accurate.. ;)

OK, RSPC is open again if you join the group. Find the Group Memberships link in the bottom left of your User Control Panel, and be sure and read the FAQ before you do, so you know exactly what you're letting yourself in for.

Enjoy.

So, we can only post while waiting for each and every post to be accorded by a moderator?

No, thanks. That will quickly kill all discussion. Better get rid of it entirely, then. Not that I could stand seeing that message three times.

What is wrong with not having any moderation at all? As many people said, it's a very well-behaved forum, considering. The best of it's kind I know of. And I get it, that people took offense about the opinions discussed there (*REALLY*), and the real trouble started when you guys started moderating it, thereby frustrating the users who were moderated, and everyone else not giving the option of acting upon and changing the behaviour of that poster ourselves. I think we can handle the moderating pretty well ourselves, thank you very much.

I don't mind it being a group, but isn't that enough moderation by itself?

It's not as if there is anything else interesting on this board at the moment. I'll wait a bit to see where it goes, otherwise I'm off.

Back