Rpsc Rip?

So, we can only post while waiting for each and every post to be accorded by a moderator?

I don't know where the heck that's coming from, and so far as I know it is inaccurate --i.e. the system is adding it automatically rather than staff touching those posts.

We'll investigate.

I don't know where the heck that's coming from, and so far as I know it is inaccurate --i.e. the system is adding it automatically rather than staff touching those posts.

We'll investigate.
Thanks.

And... sorry!

Doesn't happen when I do a post/thread, which is why we didn't catch it in testing, damnit.

Soon as we can scare up an Admin we'll squish it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

This is the message:

Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting. You will now be taken back to the forum. If you opted to post a poll, you will now be allowed to do so.

And it takes a while (15 mins or so) before the post becomes visible.

Btw, is it possible to announce somwhere public that the RPSC forum exists and what you have to do to get access (and why)? New members from time to time would be nice, otherwise only the regulars will be left after some time.

This might be redundant, in which case I apologise in advance. :)

The FAQ thingy is under the FAQ button at the top of every page of the forum. Tho it doesn't right now tell "how" which I agree it should. Or there should be a second one that tells how.

The FAQ thingy is under the FAQ button at the top of every page of the forum. Tho it doesn't right now tell "how" which I agree it should. Or there should be a second one that tells how.
Who ever reads that? How about a sitcky/announcement in the general forum? Not everyone reads those either, but surely very many more than the ones who ever read the FAQ. I think that would be appropriate.

Who wrote the RPSC FAQ, btw? A pat on the back to that man/woman. The tone was just right, IMO, and perfectly weighted.

Who wrote the RPSC FAQ, btw? A pat on the back to that man/woman. The tone was just right, IMO, and perfectly weighted.
Not that I advocate enhancing geo's rep any further, lest he not get his head through the forum doors in the morning, but.......;)

Yes, we officially fear outsiders in RPSC, but it looks like you passed the threshold. ;)

Thank you to everyone who played a part in bringing it back.

So, now i need to post at least 10 senseless posts just to lurk?

Damn, and we made you waste an extra 3 in GD and SF before you figured out another part of the system. ;) There is a third part that doesn't apply to you now, and a fourth that might or might not (haven't checked).

The standard isn't all that high, and isn't intended to disincentivize new members with legitimate accounts. Tho encouraging people to think of it in the terms you are there, could result in a change higher, so you might consider that.

They love new members in RPSC. Sometimes with fava beans and a nice Chianti. So do stop in and say hi after your user group changes over night, assuming it does. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back