Sony PlayStation VR2 (PSVR2)

Yeah thats the thing that made my heart sank and I want to punch myself for not buying it and taking ~70 dollars cashback in end of year sale....

FlrB5W5acAMCFie

PD seems having issues in making GT running well in VR?

GTS was blurry AF, and the effects quality got dropped substantially. now GT7 seems to also be in low resolution render (and textures?)
Did you watch ign video in 1080p ? Looks good (with some hdr problems or just too dark). Also possible using eye tracking foveated rendering 2d screen will looks worse then in vr as you watch whole and not what user looking at ;)

I picked up GTS the other day. It certainly does look worse in VR but that's par for the course. VR is more demanding and so there are compromises. It needs a ps5 patch that I'm sure will never come.

Last edited:
PD seems having issues in making GT running well in VR?

GTS was blurry AF, and the effects quality got dropped substantially. now GT7 seems to also be in low resolution render (and textures?)

The game use eye tracking and flexible scale resolution. It means on TV it will look like bad but not inside the headset. Don't use screenshot or TV feed of the game to try to know how it looks inside the headset.

Hopefully future screenshots will be even more problematic with more aggressive and efficient use of foveated rendering. Then people will recognise what's going on. Promotional materials will need to use special renders to render at < framerate (120 fps) and produce a full resolution, full speed video in full quality, so the video represents the perception inside the headset.

the point of foveated rendering with eye tracking is to look good only where you look, so obviously 2d screen captures will look worse.
it will just look awesome in the headset

Reactions: snc
as long as its sharp, the weird-looking shadows (shading? like the ones on the ground/dirt/earth/gravel and arms) probably wont be perceptible in gameplay. as our eyes will automatically only take attention to the car in front and the track

I'm excited for GT7. Might mean I can get a cockpit and just move the PS5 into my study to play. I currently have a wheel stand and G923 wheel that I move to the lounge when I want to play and it's a pain. I also really want to upgrade to a better wheel but won't until I can get a cockpit to mount it properly - problem is I can't see how I can wheel/move the cockpit from my study to the lounge as there is a corner in the hall right outside my study door.

My main concern with the game in VR is performance and whether the entire game will be playable.

This is where a PS5 Pro or porting the game to PC could help. I really think a PS5 Pro will be a great idea this gen... it could be even more flexible than last gen. Run fidelity mode of games in 60-120fps, run special ray tracing modes, run PS2VR in higher res. So much more than just checkerbox '4k' that we got last gen. It's why I went with the Xbox One X instead for the mid life refresh as it seemed to offer more.

My main concern with the game in VR is performance and whether the entire game will be playable.

PD wont be releasing a gt game with performance issues, they never have. Graphics settings and resolution seem to have been paired back for the psvr2, most likely to keep performance acceptable.

crap....

this is sony. it could be just few modes in VR...

please full game pls
Hehe yeah another GTS eh? Got that 100GB beast and all its updates installed and then find that VR is only a little side mode. If they do something different this time maybe somebody feels like investing more in VR now.

Last edited:
Back