Little Nightmares II
Zero Escape: The Nonary Games
Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin
Tunic

Games that don't support Quick Resume
Ghosts 'n Goblins Resurrection
Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers
Phantom Breaker: Omnia

I have noticed lately that if a new game uses the XDK, it is very likely that it won't support Quick Resume. If the game is using the GDK, it is highly likely to support Quick Resume or will in the near future. I have concluded based on multiple purchases I have made since June of 2021. Since then, none of the new games that I have purchased that were released using the XDK have received Quick Resume support, and a high percentage of games that use the GDK have been released with Quick Resume support or have received it not too long after the product was released.

Now, of course, many of the games released before June 2021 were using the XDK, and some games that did not support Quick Resume eventually received support. Still, I have not seen that since June 2021, except for games added to the Backwards compatibility list like DOA1-3. As for the GDK, there are three holdouts that I have purchased that don't support the feature, those being Blaster Master Zero, Ender Lilies, and Fuga. The rest of the GDK-released games that I have either supported Quick Resume at launch or eventually received support for the feature.

Last edited:
List Update.

Games that support Quick Resume
Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair Anniversary Edition
Eiyuden Chronicle: Rising

CODE SHIFTER
Light Fairytale Episode 1
Ruinverse

My Xbox supposedly updated the night before. No changes to games already on the list.

has the quick resume pinning been pushed to all normal firmware? or still need to apply for beta fw?

I think that was released to the public, if you're talking about selecting which 2 titles to attempt to always keep in QR. Xbox Wire usually has an update write up when they do the public releases.

That's is a great change. It would also be nice if you see the games in Quick Resume and know which one is abut to drop out if you load another title.

That's is a great change. It would also be nice if you see the games in Quick Resume and know which one is abut to drop out if you load another title.
Isn't the rightmost game will be dropped?

Although the inconsistent quota is quite confusing. Sometimes it held 3 games. Sometimes it held 4.

Heck, iirc at one time, it held 5.

Seems there is a hidden, fixed reserved space. So if the game is smaller, more can be suspended. But by making it opaque, it made the quick resume quota inconsistent

Seems there is a hidden, fixed reserved space.

Yes. That's the situation.

I wish they allowed us direct control over how much space we could allocate for Quick Resume. Though I can understand if that's not possible, like if they use an SLC portion of the internal NVME and we simply can't make it any larger.

I'm not sure if I've already gone over this in the past, but the safe number of games in the Quick Resume group on the Series X for me has always been 7. Though I have to admit that I usually only have one high-end game in the group, while the others are generally of the AA variety. I can get it to go up to 8 and beyond sometimes, but usually, that is when I can no longer count on Quick Resume keeping all of the games in the group. So, I consciously keep my list at 7. Picking what I will remove from the group if I need to add another game to the group.

I hadn't done much testing since "Pin to Quick Resume group" went live, but the way it worked before that update, if you, let's say, opened multiple games that supported Quick Resume in one day. It unusually removes the oldest game from that day once you reach the limit and would continue to do so the more games you add. But if you had several that are, say, several weeks old, once you reach the limit, it will remove the several weeks old games and keep what you opened that day. If Quick resume does work like snapshots\checkpoint doing this makes a great deal of sense. While I doubt it runs into the same problems as Vsphere/Hyper-v deleting old snapshots is a priority.

On a side note: I ordered and pre-downloaded AI: THE SOMNIUM FILES - nirvanA Initiative and checked the game file. It is another XDK title. I hope to be pleasantly surprised and proven wrong if it supports Quick Resume, but I doubt it.

This support page says the minimum number of entries in Quick Resume is 3. From the very start with the marketing materials they've always said it fluctuates depending on combination of game specifics. @ https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help...back-to-your-game-instantly-with-quick-resume

Q: How many games can be suspended at once?

A: The Quick Resume feature allows the Series X|S consoles to store three save states for full-memory Xbox Series X|S titles. Xbox One, Xbox 360, and original Xbox console titles use less memory, so the consoles can store more than three when these titles are saved.

List Update.

FUGA: Melodies of Steel

FUGA received a 660 MB update yesterday, which amounts to about 1/3 of the game's total size. This update coincides with the release of new DLC. After this update, Quick Resume now works with the game.

As I said previously in this thread, this game was 1 of 3 GDK games that I own that did not support Quick Resume. Now that number is down to 2, Blaster Master Zero and Ender Lilies: Quietus of Knights. This would be the first time I have observed that it has started working in conjunction with a title update.

To piggyback on this post, if any of you own the following games and a series console:
Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
ACE COMBAT 7 Skies Unknown
Beautiful Katamari
Breakdown
Dark Souls
Dark Souls II Scholar of the First Sins
Dark Souls Remastered
DARK SOULS™ III
Dead to Rights
Dig Dug
DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE 2
DRAGON BALL Z: KAKAROT
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
Galaga
Galaga Legions
Galaga Legions DX
Mr. Driller Online
Ms. Pac-Man
My Hero One's Justice
My Hero One's Justice 2
New Rally-X
ONE PIECE: PIRATE WARRIORS 4
Pac-Man Championship Edition DX
Pac-Man Museum
Pac-ManPac-Man Championship Edition
Ridge Racer 6
Soulcalibur
SoulCalibur II HD Online
SOULCALIBUR VI

SWORD ART ONLINE Alicization Lycoris
Syberia
Tekken Tag Tournament 2
The Dark Pictures: Little Hope

Any of the Dragonball, Naruto, One Piece, One Punch Man games made by Namco that I did not mention or any other game that has Namco in its name.

Could you please let me know if any of them work with Quick Resume or not?

Last edited:
Yes, from launch of the Series consoles. On the list there are 6 games that support the feature. I own 5 of them.
Alice Madness Returns
Hexic HD
Ninja Gaiden II
Sonic Generations (don't own)
Tekken 6
The King of Fighters XIII

Yes, from launch of the Series consoles. On the list there are 6 games that support the feature. I own 5 of them.
Alice Madness Returns
Hexic HD
Ninja Gaiden II
Sonic Generations (don't own)
Tekken 6
The King of Fighters XIII

Whoa! That's sweet! Quick resume is the main reason why I didn't sold my Xbox series s despite I have managed to got an rtx 3070.

I've also pinned tetris effect quick resume. Really awesome to be instantly jump in and mindlessly tetris away

List Update.

The King of Fighters 15 (KOF XV)
Tetris Effect (I guess I did not get a hard confirmation.)

Turnip Boy Commits Tax Evasion
Ary and the Secret of Seasons

I've added two demo videos to the first post to demonstrate Quick Resume. Feel free to use them when explaining to someone how the feature works.

Last edited:
List Update.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge
Hatsune Miku Jigsaw Puzzle

AI: THE SOMNIUM FILES - nirvanA Initiative
Lost Ruins
To the Moon and Beyond

List Update.

Azure Striker GUNVOLT
Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection

Capcom Fighting Collection

Azure Striker GUNVOLT 2 is highly likely to support quick resume as well along with Azure Striker GUNVOLT 3. Soul Hackers 2 appears to be a game with a GDK file based on the preload, so it is also likely to support the feature.

List Update.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge
Hatsune Miku Jigsaw Puzzle

AI: THE SOMNIUM FILES - nirvanA Initiative
Lost Ruins
To the Moon and Beyond

Huh I wonder why nirvana didn't work with quick resume. It's a bog standard unity game.

And that game would benefits greatly from quick resume as the game start process is quite arduous (multiple clicks from boot to load a save)

Huh I wonder why nirvana didn't work with quick resume. It's a bog standard unity game.

And that game would benefits greatly from quick resume as the game start process is quite arduous (multiple clicks from boot to load a save)
My May 1st post at the top of the page has my theory as to why it is not working. Both the first game and the sequel are XDK games.

Back