GPU Ray Tracing Performance Comparisons [2021-2022]

Lets not lose the full context of my post. 300% is not 30% and vice-versa. The real difference is somewhere in-between.

The last few titles I was referring to, includes Metro RT based on DF preliminary numbers.

The 3080 is 20% faster @1440p Normal RT, it jumps to 28% faster with @1440p Ultra. @4K This would translate to the 3080 being 40% faster than 6800XT.
The 3090 is already 40% faster than 6900XT using 4K Normal RT. Using Ultra would mean the 3090 is at least 50% faster than 6900XT.

https://www.computerbase.de/2021-05/metro-exodus-pc-enhanced-edition-raytracing-benchmark-test/2/

tough its under 60fps on rtx3070 in 4k so its not that geforces are bored with this game
performance-3840-2160-rt.png
I doubt that these results are limited by RT performance on NV h/w here. If that would be the case you'd see something similar to the results in Q2RTX or Minecraft.

The game also seem to not care that the majority of DXR h/w available on the market currently has only 6-8 GBs of VRAM. Another sign of new consoles being the sole h/w target.

I doubt that these results are limited by RT performance on NV h/w here. If that would be the case you'd see something similar to the results in Q2RTX or Minecraft.

The game also seem to not care that the majority of DXR h/w available on the market currently has only 6-8 GBs of VRAM. Another sign of new consoles being the sole h/w target.

Its not rocket science, just watch and see what the game is about regarding ray tracing (it technically is).

I played the Resident Evil 8 demo and in the Village part the RTGI is the worst implementation i have seen in games. It is on par with Control's GI. Wow, it is so slow and visual so distracting that i dont understand why there arent more options on the PC. Going from Screen Space to ultra slow RT isnt really better...

I played the Resident Evil 8 demo and in the Village part the RTGI is the worst implementation i have seen in games. It is on par with Control's GI. Wow, it is so slow and visual so distracting that i dont understand why there arent more options on the PC. Going from Screen Space to ultra slow RT isnt really better...
Are you sure it's the RTGI and not simply the effect of "eyesight adjustment" going from light to dark areas.. which the game does all the time?

Back