What are your future platform purchase plans post E3 2016?

What hardware platform(s) will you be investing in in the next 18 months?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Where is the Xbox eco system option ? I'm going to get an xbox slim and a scorpio and a new pc

and an nx in year 2 or 3 .

Where are the options ? Don't be sony and hide them !

You have limited vision. It's not just a matter of switching platforms or - as you claim - not switching platforms, it's also whether one wants to upgrade at all.

Maybe but I got 18 months for everybody to prove me wrong. ;)

Tommy McClain

<looks at votes> Yeah, pretty much.

Tommy McClain
so_it_has_come_to_this.png

Where is the Xbox eco system option ? I'm going to get an xbox slim and a scorpio and a new pc

and an nx in year 2 or 3 .

Where are the options ? Don't be sony and hide them !

You would check all that apply. Poll allows for it, which is why the question was worded "platform(s)".

I answered both Neo and need more info.

Nintendo, I own a N64, GameCube, Wii, WiiU, but I need more info about NX to decide. I have no idea WTF that console will be. (which was the basis of my previous comment, and I stopped at the first checkbox)

For my PC I might upgrade my GTX780 but it really depends what happens with the current PC VR situation, which should settle by next year. It also depends on how good PSVR is, and what PC VR exclusive games would make it worth the additional expense.

For Neo I plan to upgrade based on rumors, depending on price: 399 yes, 499 maybe, 599 nope. If there's any indication it doesn't provide much improvement for existing games (including PSVR), I'll wait until it does. I'm cautiously optimistic.

I'm not really interested in xbox for obvious political and religious reasons. As a marxist-trotskyist revolutionary secular humanist materialist meat-eater nickelback-hater comrade who's favorite color is blue, the only correct choice is Neo. :yep2: :runaway:

I just redid my PC platform, got a i5 6600k, 16GB DDR4 to replace my aged Q6600+4GB DDR2 (which incidentally, I built in 2009 I believe and still performed great for everyday non gaming usage, hell could probably run most games fine too). The Skylake upgrade ran me about only $350-$400 for CPU/Motherboard/RAM (I just reused my case, PSU etc).

Anyways so I wasn't planning to do much for a GPU since I rarely PC game, was just going to get something cheap and quiet (my 6970 recently crapped the bed, and I was running an ancient, hot and loud, 4890, that I felt like I needed to get out of there at all costs cause it's blower would constantly rev up and down and annoy me), maybe like $129 range which probably wouldn't have great gaming capability, but then the Radeon RX 480 came along. Since it's so cheap will very likely throw one of those in. So I will at least have the capability to PC game again. So that's why I checked the PC box.

For consoles I'm in the Xbox ecosystem. Already have the Xbox One non-S.

Kind of completely on the fence about the Xbox S. It's cool and smaller, but really the only somewhat compelling feature for me is the internal PSU (both the OG 360 and XBO bricks is annoying for cable management, as I still have my 360 hooked up too). I dont have a 4K TV to care about UHD Blu Ray, hell I cant remember last time I played a movie on a disc anyway. The bluetooth controller is neat especially for PC gaming, but I can just buy one next time my controller breaks. It's kind of annoying also as I'd seriously consider picking up an XBO Elite at 349 right now, but you lose out on the more modern features of the S.

Then we have Scorpio, that's pretty much a day one purchase no question. It's great to see MS return to beefy, most powerful platform, where Xbox has traditionally stood. I have questions about how they will use it, and maybe if they initially really stick to only up scaling games and it debuts at 499 or something I might blanch for a while, but in general I love flops/tech/advanced tech, so the plan is to get it.

So I checked PC/S (tentative, very tentative, I'd almost call it unlikely in the near future currently)/Scorpio boxes.

Last edited:
Imma burn my money on all of it except maybe VR. Playing Doom3 in the middle of the night in total darkness kind of ruined VR for me. LOL. I can't even close my eyes and wear headphones any more unless I knock on something to make sure I can hear what's going on in my surrounding. I'd probably have a panic attack in someone tap me on the shoulder while cut off from the real world playing VR, but I digress.

I like shiny new toys and I am a fan of console gaming so I desire to play in as many ecosystems as I can as long as the software is compelling.

Imma burn my money on all of it except maybe VR. Playing Doom3 in the middle of the night in total darkness kind of ruined VR for me. LOL. I can't even close my eyes and wear headphones any more unless I knock on something to make sure I can hear what's going on in my surrounding. I'd probably have a panic attack in someone tap me on the shoulder while cut off from the real world playing VR, but I digress.

I like shiny new toys and I am a fan of console gaming so I desire to play in as many ecosystems as I can as long as the software is compelling.

Heh, I'm even less interested in VR now (is that even possible?) after hearing Jesse Cox's experience with Resident Evil 7 on PSVR. Apparently he was warned multiple times to signal if he was getting even the least bit nauseous as multiple people had vomited while playing the Resident Evil 7 demo on PSVR that day.

He talked about how it caused him some bit of nausea, but how he tried to minimize it with extra head movements and that it helped somewhat.

I can't wait to hear about the vomit stories from people that attempt to play Doom in VR. :D

Regards,
SB

Heh, I'm even less interested in VR now (is that even possible?) after hearing Jesse Cox's experience with Resident Evil 7 on PSVR. Apparently he was warned multiple times to signal if he was getting even the least bit nauseous as multiple people had vomited while playing the Resident Evil 7 demo on PSVR that day.

He talked about how it caused him some bit of nausea, but how he tried to minimize it with extra head movements and that it helped somewhat.

I can't wait to hear about the vomit stories from people that attempt to play Doom in VR. :D

Regards,
SB
you just need to get vr legs. The more you play the better you handle it. Also ginger helps , buy fresh ginger make green tea and put some of the cut up ginger in it. Trust me , its great for you

PC, PSVR and Neo for me. I recently invested in a new PC which may mean I buy some things on Steam rather than PSN but PSVR is really where my interest lies.

Probably going to upgrade gpu to my pc as current one is slightly under specced for vr. I'm holding off the upgrade until 2017. I'm hoping 1080ti or whatever ends up being big pascal would be amazing. No interest in amd solutions as I really dig geforce experience and nvidia driver quality.

No need for xbox console as that content will be available on pc. PC versions are likely to have improved quality over console (ssd, better gpu+cpu,...)

No plans to upgrade current ps4 to neo. This could change if ps4 has amazing vr content only shining on neo.

Cross platform on pc and ps4 is for exclusives. My most anticipated games are gran turismo sport, horizon zero dawn, god of war, dreams, detroit,...

Last edited:
Back