The Annual E3 Sony press conference thread, 2016 edition

yeah i have US PS Plus

and yeah, in Indonesia PSN its on the front page sliders. But i dont hae indonesian PS Plus

btw finally able to download it by opening PS Store from PS4 itself. Then earching resident evil 7. then opening the pre order page. then go to game page. then go to demo. then download the demo.

yeesh Sony PS Store team.... yeesh

Is it me or there was a lot of samey-looking forest gameplay trailers. Forest, trees, sun rays, trees, trees, trees... If it weren't for the different character running, I'd think it's the same game. I mean I get it, now we can have very pretty forest levels with pretty trees, pretty lighting, pretty grass. But that doesn't mean it's all we should see!
It's like when water effects started to look good a few years ago - water everywhere! ripples! waves! water! WATERRRR!!
Trees won E3 2016. Even MS conference had trees in Forza.

edit: Sony Cinematic Gaming Universe - they're all connected.

Last edited:
It looks like a cod game from start for me. I guess I played too much cod back then lol.

What I'm bit sure was, it's ps4 or Psvr? Due to the simplistic visual, heavy amount of blurring and/or chromatic aberration.

Well that's what confused me a little - flying the space ship then a bit of space walking etc - they then cut to (I now assume) the remastered CoD which is where I thought it was 2 (different) games rather than both CoD

Played the RE 7 demo: I want to be PT but I don't have Kojima !!!!!

I wonder if its a small game made for PSVR and not a full title. Bears no resemblance to any thing RE.

EDit: I found it easily in the demos section .

Last edited:
I just watched the Video again and while it is stated as being in development for the PlayStation 4 (as are all multiplatform games) it does not say it is exclusive to the PS4. I might have missed it so if you can provide a timestamp for when it states it, I'd be grateful.

As well SCEA (publishers of the Spiderman game) have published games that later appeared on Windows (usually under separate publishers) such as Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Nom Nom Galaxy, and others. Although Everybody's Gone to the Rapture is interestingly published on Windows by Sony via PlayStation Mobile Inc.

Regards,
SB
Again, read the description of the video (click on 'watch on youtube.com').
Marvel and Insomniac Games team up to create a brand-new, authentic Spider-Man story exclusively for PlayStation 4. Take control of an experienced Peter Parker who is more masterful at fighting crime.
That is straight from Insomniac's YT channel.

Also, on Sony's video, it says "Only on Playstation", which is what they label their full exclusives. Sony has been quite clear this generation on what's exclusive, console exclusive, timed exclusive or multiplatform.

No mention of a PC version on the Marvel site either.
http://marvel.com/news/video_games/26283/spider-man_returns_on_playstation_4

I mean that doesn't COMPLETELY rule out a PC version, but for now it appears to be a PS4 exclusive.

Last edited:
Spiderman looked interesting, also looked like a stand alone DLC for Infamous :). Days Gone and God of War looked great. Strong show of games imo. The VR games kind of looked like PS3 games though...

There are countries where you are not allowed to sell toys that resemble guns. Also, it matters little what it really looks like when you are wearing a VR helmet ...

I was interested in days gone, seemed like it was a fallout rip off in the making. Then the zombies came and I no longer gave a shit.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

For me Days Gone is one of the most anticipated titles. I still love zombies, I will always love zombies.
I like them more slow, hopefully there'll be different types in the game. I wouldn't like to be always running away from them.

game looked interesting but the lack of multiplayer really kills it.

The game with the girl and bow looks cool

LTTP, finally watched the Sony conference. A very weird decision to have a live orchestra scoring the event - ok he's God of War's game orchestral director.

Start to finish:
  • God of War - never cared, still don't care. :nope: But points for visuals and well-kept beard. :yep2:
  • Shawn Layden - short at two minutes. Well done. :yep2:
  • Gone Days - Awesome! BLOODY AWESOME! :yes: I hope this is open world.
  • The Last Guardian - intriguing but probably not my type of game. Plus they'll kill the cat monster. :cry:
  • Horizon Zero Dawn - so looking forward to this, I want to steal stuff from robot animals! :yep2:
  • Detroit - never cared for Quantic Dreams' games. :nope:
  • Resident Evil VII - pretty sure this will be awful. Please prove me wrong. :runaway:
  • Shawn Layden - Nooaaaaghhh.. why is he back!?!?!
  • Battlefront VR - cockpit games, exactly what work well in VR! :yes:
  • Final Fantasy - never cared for it. :nope:
  • COD - looks such a departure from COD.
  • Crash Bandicoot - didn't I play this with Nate last month?
  • Lego Star Wars - for the love of God, release the original trilogy! :runaway:
  • Andrew House - more suits, arghhhhh! :nope:
  • Hideo Kojima - release your game already, you've had three months dammit! Why are you people so lazy!?!?:runaway:
  • Spider-Man - Insomniac developed open world superhero game. AWESOMENESS! :yes:
  • Shawn Layden - again! How do we vanquish this man?
  • Days Gone - this looks sooooo goooooood! :runaway:
Good solid collection of games and definitely Sony's least tedious conference in terms of management intrusion in a long time.

Sony's conference was very strong in terms of the games but as much as I hate scripted dialogue between gamers on stage playing games I do think Sony should have talked a bit more about direction of the platform. Some things I really wanted to see or hear about during the Sony conference but didn't are:

• external hard drive support for PS4
  • some additional details about PSVR - how hard is it going to be to buy PSVR this fall, how many preorders have they taken ytd?
  • Vita - I don't think they showed a single game...
  • indie support - Sony was pretty quiet on this front, what happened?
  • Playstation Now - they keep growing the library and I can envision a future with a subscription that allows access to stream current AAA titles designed for PS4 to a dumb terminal but no mention, where are they intending to go with this initiative? How many subscribers do they have now?
  • PS4 Camera - still seeing virtually zero support, is the camera being absorbed into a VR peripheral or will Sony release software for the device

• Vita - I don't think they showed a single game...

They never did at any E3, save for some half-second long clips just to say "oh and there's this which we don't care about".
TGS is where the Vita gets some attention but to be honest, the console is getting pretty old.

Back