Uncharted 4: A Thief's End [PS4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
errr the lack of AO around the characters when they first sit down on the bench is jarring (the shot showing the back of the bench when the brother puts his arm on it..) the facial animation is also behind The Order which was phenomenal (like Ryse) and also Rise of The Tomb Raider (and what we have seen fo Quantum Break)

errr the lack of AO around the characters when they first sit down on the bench is jarring (the shot showing the back of the bench when the brother puts his arm on it..) the facial animation is also behind The Order which was phenomenal (like Ryse) and also Rise of The Tomb Raider (and what we have seen fo Quantum Break)

No the facial animation is better than The Order and by far...

Skin shader is better too...

This whole trailer comes off as a mature use of technology. Nothing out of place, nothing screaming "LOOK! MATERIALS, PBR, NEXT GEN!", everything just sits in place, rendering tech, animation, lighting, dof, shadows. Everything sticks. And that's the most impressive part of it for me. If they manage to keep it that consistent throughout the game it has the potential to be the best looking game so far, by a good margin too.

Order also had that insane HQ presentation consistency early this year. If RAD can do it, so can ND. :)

Order also had that insane HQ presentation consistency early this year. If RAD can do it, so can ND. :)

I finish two times The Order 1886. And I did most of the chapter a third time to find rendering technique used in the game and admire the game.

Facial Animation aren't always good and skin shader is not good all the time depending on lightning in the Order 1886. Nearley perfect in dark situation not so good under sunny condition...

Skin shader and Cloth shader are not physically based in The Order 1886 and UC4 . All soft material aren't physically based because it would be too costly on current gen console. Cloth shading is fucking good on The Order 1886...

With some aliasing of some of shadows it is some of the only obvious rendering default of The Order 1886...

Shader artist and animator did a better job on UC4 for facial animation ( best I have seen in any title ) and a very good work for skin shading...

Last edited:
lack of AO around the characters

We must be watching two different videos. Actually, the first thing that I noticed was how well ambient occlusion is effectively being used, especially transitioning from scene to scene with different variations of ambient lighting.

Jesus Christ what a huge leap of quality from the very first PSX demo that we've seen, I remember I used to bash the crap out of it back then but now it can bash me any time it wants. This is certainly the best looking game I've seen for now, surpassed The Order 1886 on the pixel quality even. There are just way too much details in the frame anything from the fur shading on Sam's coat, the curly hair, the ungodly smooth lighting, shadows, the meticulously detailed models and shading. But the best part UC4 is doing this on a much bigger scope than The Order with tons more physics and interaction. Guess the extra time in development really helped in spades.

Holy crap...

>E3 2014, this is the best looking game I've seen. Need uncompressed footage. It doesn't look gamey/cgi-ish, this is the most impressive part.

THIS IS IT ! THISISITTHISISITTHISISIT :runaway:!!!! How the hell do these guys create so much interest every damn time ! After evrey game from ND, I feel ,okay this was it and I doubt they can ever repeat it and then they just pound back with more, better and punchier !Tell Naughty Dog I :love: THEM ! Yes, I am grown up man and I love a "studio" which is named after some nasty DOG ! Yes, thats what ND has done to me ! ....sniff !

GOD THIS WILL BE CRAAAAZY AWESOME !

(ok, settle down, I have to show to this to my niece, OMG, she is gonna flip over !)

Jesus Christ what a huge leap of quality from the very first PSX demo that we've seen, I remember I used to bash the crap out of it back then but now it can bash me any time it wants. This is certainly the best looking game I've seen for now, surpassed The Order 1886 on the pixel quality even. There are just way too much details in the frame anything from the fur shading on Sam's coat, the curly hair, the ungodly smooth lighting, shadows, the meticulously detailed models and shading. But the best part UC4 is doing this on a much bigger scope than The Order with tons more physics and interaction. Guess the extra time in development really helped in spades.

Yes, they've come a long way from PSX last year. Made some comparison shots for Drake and Sam (still waiting on that gamersyde uncompressed video though)
Sam
beforeynrn5.jpg

after87p0j.jpg

Drake
before1shrlr.jpg

after1e8qgd.jpg

This looks significantly improved even from E3. Can't wait to see how the final games shapes up :smile:

Another thing to point out, every footage shown so far from Uncharted 4 ran at a solid framerate, anyone thinking it wouldn't improve before release was a madman.

Last edited:
Dramatic lighting and rain always helps, take a look at Driveclub for example :D

And i think skin shader, animation and materials improved over E3 2014. Everything else has too much dof applied to really tell...

New picture from YT thumbnail. Very nice lightning of the smoke cloud in the right part of the picture.
84OjerB.png

I'm VERY glad they switched to 30fps. :D

It is important to mention one new news tidbit from PSX. Neil mentioned that Naughty Dog was ~80 people at the time of Uncharted 1, but now they are at 300.

Oh man that looks impressive. And having played the beta so much i can confirm that the gameplay portion of Uncharted 4 is 10/10. This is going to be both a great looking game but fun to play as well!

New picture from YT thumbnail. Very nice lightning of the smoke cloud in the right part of the picture.
84OjerB.png

I'm VERY glad they switched to 30fps. :D

It is important to mention one new news tidbit from PSX. Neil mentioned that Naughty Dog was ~80 people at the time of Uncharted 1, but now they are at 300.
That is one hellava shot, the composition of lighting, shadow, particle, post effect are sublime. Need a 1080p shot so bad. Yeah 30fps does give you magic like that :).

Yes, they've come a long way from PSX last year. Made some comparison shots for Drake and Sam (still waiting on that gamersyde uncompressed video though)
This looks significantly improved even from E3. Can't wait to see how the final games shapes up :smile:

Another thing to point out, every footage shown so far from Uncharted 4 ran at a solid framerate, anyone thinking it wouldn't improve before release was a madman.
Yeah, that first demo didn't even have volumetric lighting in place, there was no per object blur, no Bokeh Dof, no lens flare, no SSS, no fancy particles, it's pretty bare bone. I'd be happy if all they improve in the final build is per object blur with more samples, the rest is perfect to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back