Uncharted 4: A Thief's End [PS4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some scenes in that gamespot review... How? AMD must be looking at this like

nick-young-confused-face-300x256.png

As far as i know, there is no difference between in game screenshots and the photo mode...

Anyway, he's not alone :

http://www.destructoid.com/review-uncharted-4-a-thief-s-end-359200.phtml : "this is probably the best-looking game I've ever played"

http://kotaku.com/uncharted-4-the-kotaku-review-1774827980 : "Artistically unconventional games such as Journey and Wind Waker HD may have their partisans who say one of them is the medium’s best-looking game, but in the category of photorealistic graphics, Uncharted 4 is now the champ."

http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2016/05/05/review-uncharted-4-a-thiefs-end/205541/ : "A Thief’s End is arguably not only the best looking game ever released, but its artistic values glow far greater than any other."

Etc.

Gamekult said best looking game and called it first AAA(A) title in review.

No difference between photo mode and game...

I think people underestimate what consoles are able to do...

PC can do much more and the low version are consoles but they were not push to the limits...

I am really impressed by the metacritic score: 94. This is higher than MGS5, bloodborne and The Witcher 3. Wow!

Even Polygon didn't troll Naughty dog this time! (9/10)

Can't wait to play the game!

fortunately, battles are fewer and farther between this time around
Just what I wanted!

As I understand some about games and graphics. I don't use the opinion of authorities or the masses to represent my opinion or to confirm these. Honestly this is a very weak argumentation.

It should be played by oneself. Then something can be said abot it. It's a 94% title or not

He said it : http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=202634259&postcount=1093

"I'm pretty sure that UC4 is the most graphically impressive game I've played."
Oh god, do I just need to nuke this thread now?! Are we to start season three, episode 2 of Gaming Hyperbole? "

Previously, on Gaming Hyperbole...

"This game is the best looking game ever."
"No it's not. Here's a relentless barrage of unrelated games proving otherwise."
"Ha! I shall bury you in a torrent of screenshots."
"I shall see your screenshots and retaliate with an arsenal of cherry picked bad looking screenies from your own game. Lookatthisdoor! Lookattheflatshading! WhereisyourAmbientOcclusionnow, punk?!"

...And now, episode two - which is going to be exactly the same thing...

I think games pushing Xbox One and/or PS4 will be good for PC too, it means the lowest version will be higher...

And from there you can push the PC to higher standard...

The thing I like about ND is that they don't release good looking games, they release good games that look good. We've already had many great looking games this generation but i think this is the first that combines technical prowess with impeccable game design. ND deserve every single bit of praise they get.

As I understand some about games and graphics. I don't use the opinion of authorities or the masses to represent my opinion or to confirm these. Honestly this is a very weak argumentation.

It should be played by oneself. Then something can be said abot it. It's a 94% title or not

I agree, but when something gets many positive reviews, positive opinions sound less unrealistic.

In this case, it's a bit too easy to dismiss positive opinions by saying they are just hyperboles...

I mean you can't call someone a fanboy if he says that ND is one of the best gaming studio even if you are entirely free to disagree.

You are right. It could perfectly earn a universal acclaim from metacritic with 64 reviews and be total shit. It's a 94% title or a 35% title. Maybe those experienced reviewers are all totally wrong. Maybe.

Except that in my real life experience I have never seen such a scenario. If all 64 metacritic reviewers think the game is either great or exceptional, don't you think it means something about the objective quality of the game?

PC can do much more and the low version are consoles but they were not push to the limits...

CIG wants whole procedural planets with a lot of flora (in Crysis quality), of which 300m spaceships like the Javelin (this spaceship, here
WIP here) with 100 million of polygons and 70 crew members can land.

It is technically possible but they have to create the assets.

The thing I like about ND is that they don't release good looking games, they release good games that look good. We've already had many great looking games this generation but i think this is the first that combines technical prowess with impeccable game design.
Are you genuinely saying that in the past 2.5 years, there's not been a single game that's both pretty and fun? Is MGSV graphically weak or poor gameplay? Things like 'game design' are subjective, so it's not surprising these sorts of threads generate ire amongst the non-fans.

This gonna get too messy. Creating specific sub thread for game only. Criticism is allowed, but please not in the game discussion thread. Let the fans have their space and hold the criticism elsewhere otherwise it'll just be noise and moderation hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back