Image Quality and Framebuffer Analysis for Available/release build Games *Read the first post*

I had a friend provide a couple of (unfortunately compressed) screenshots to see if there was any alterations to GT6's framebuffer since launch...

11225456_10153639377883486_2332295507622074817_o.jpg

12038750_10153639377818486_3778917585605466840_o.jpg

TearAway actually has some textures wouldn't you know it. Would you suggest this is evidence of quite a lot of AF? 16x or something like that?

15.png

And a regular screenshot I made from Uncharted: Drake's Fortune that I quite like and think shows that this game can really look great:

16.png

Played quite a lot tonight, Chapter 13 now.

I am very impressed by the post AA solution they use. Could be using a TAA component. It's the best post AA I have seen on a 60fps game on PS4.

Unfortunately currently I am incredibly busy and can't play any games. :-|

TearAway actually has some textures wouldn't you know it. Would you suggest this is evidence of quite a lot of AF? 16x or something like that?

Seems possible, though it'd be easier with oblique angles. The text being clear in the far back would seem to indicate a decent texel to pixel ratio.

I had a friend provide a couple of (unfortunately compressed) screenshots to see if there was any alterations to GT6's framebuffer since launch...
Not really much to go on, unfortunately. There might be an aliased edge in the dash, but the compression just smudges everything. :(

Looks really nice, I'm much more impressed with this video than I have been with the previous ones. I hope it support 3D Vision on the PC like the last one did. TR lends itself really well to 3D. 3D via VR would be even better (with or without head tracking).

The SP has framedrops all over and there is screen tearing, all the while looking somewhat worse than Advanced Warfare (although it might be more visually complex as I am seeing more things here). Aside from that I do not understand why their first person cutscenes are 30FPS, even things like opening a door, climbing a car, pressing a button or such that lasts for 2-3 seconds drop to 30FPS and it's just strange.

Advanced Warfare implemented high quality motion blur and DoF when in first person cutscenes compared to gameplay but it still ran at 60FPS. This is most likely something to do with animations like BF Hardline did for its cutscenes and to date it makes no sense to me why anyone would do that for real time in game cutscenes without ever leaving your character's perspective.

And that's all that matters in the end I think, every BO game has kind of had terrible framerate in SP for a game that targeted 60FPS but BO2 was rock solid 60 on both consoles last gen. And to me the MP in BO3 actually looks better than Advanced Warfare, too bad AW kind of spoiled everyone when it came to SP performance.

And "Dynamic" frame rate apparently...

NWvpqkj.jpg

mjjjxdg.jpg

So where's all the outrage? Halo 5 runs better and looks better (IMO) but keeps getting trashed... well it's a MS IP on Xbox so that may explain it :-\
Ok I just played through the sequence where the first picture is from, it's actually not really a framedrop caused due to performance issues, what happens is that you go to a door and you have a breaching animation which limits the framerate to 30FPS and soon after that you have a slow motion sequence during this sequence the framerate goes back up you can see it from the graph and then there is another "cutscene" immediately afterwards that caps the framerate to 30 again.

This is what I mean when I say these 2-3 second long animations that caps to 30FPS are weird as fuck.

The frame-time line is perfectly stable at 33.3ms for a rather long period. Too long.

Looks like soft capped at 30fps to avoid judder from uneven frames like TW3 (20fps) and MGS5 cutscenes (30fps) when framerate maybe < ~50fps..

Back