SILENT HILLS

edit :
on one video i saw the players shadow is fidgetting like mad... so creepy

This happened to me just once, and it freaked me out. When I turned to light source there was no one there. But after a short while ghost appeared and killed me. It's maybe a sign that death is near.

the warming on psn page os correct.
if you have heart condition dont play this.

i cant stop searching youtube for complete playthrough although i super scared and only watch in small youtube window

Well damn this is seeming interesting. I love scary games but have yet to play anything as scary as Condemned Criminal Origins many years ago. I played that one in the dark with volume cranked up and loved it :) Anyone here play that game and know how the PT demo compares on the scare factor? It's been a while since I've had a good scare in a game, most "horror" games are more gory than scary but this new one is sounding really promising.

from the video i watched, this game is both gory and scary. the gore is not overblown, it well-integrated into the story. heck, the story itself will flow from the gore.

for me, this game is much scarier than:
fatal frame series
resident evil series
silent hill on ps1 (i have not played the other series)
Alan Wake
f.e.a.r.

@dsoup
i also partially covered it with bread that im eating.

Its absolute shame watching these videos and not experiencing game first-hand. Sure, not all have PS4 right now, but I recommend everyone waiting until you have PS4 and then playing it in a dark room. Silent Hills is probably late 2016. game, there is time...

It's incredible.

from the video i watched, this game is both gory and scary. the gore is not overblown, it well-integrated into the story. heck, the story itself will flow from the gore.

for me, this game is much scarier than:
fatal frame series
resident evil series
silent hill on ps1 (i have not played the other series)
Alan Wake
f.e.a.r.

I never actually found fatal frame, resident evil, alan wake or fear games to be scary personally. They had their moments but they were not the type of games that would get me looking around or wanting to get up and turn on a light. The fist Silent Hill on ps1 was pretty good in that regard, I remember it being fairly creepy, something they lost on the sequels for some reason.

@diehard
um.. i think when i got a PS4, download the game, and try to play it. something like this will pop up in my head

468px-2013-01-21-101656.jpg

@joker
you are braver than me :D
i cant play fatal frame alone, always with friend. and finaly i just watched my friend played it for me to end lol

I could finally finish the P.T. demo, following NeoGaf tips, and see the promising Silent Hills trailer. Just hearing the old Silent Hill music was great!

So the demo is fully cinematic, it couldn't work on VR because of: 30fps, motion blur, chromatic aberrations, grain filter, DOF effect also when you move on top of the motion blur apparently, when you stop moving the center of the screen is still DOFed/blurred during a very short time.

But as a horror movie style videogame it works very well, I really liked it!

i think this game do mess around with he loading/save icon. After the 1st chapter, the loading/save icon showing less-and-less...

or my scared mind playing tricks at me :D

I could finally finish the P.T. demo, following NeoGaf tips, and see the promising Silent Hills trailer. Just hearing the old Silent Hill music was great!

So the demo is fully cinematic, it couldn't work on VR because of: 30fps, motion blur, chromatic aberrations, grain filter, DOF effect also when you move on top of the motion blur apparently, when you stop moving the center of the screen is still DOFed/blurred during a very short time.

But as a horror movie style videogame it works very well, I really liked it!

God I hope it isn't like this when it releases. DOF is ok, but there is still severe aliasing. Also, didn't they say that they gimped the graphics quite a bit? Fingers crossed, this game would be awesome on Morpheus. Not that I would have the guts to play it.

eh..i just read on IGN. You need microphone connected to be properly play this game?

You need it in fact just for the last room to finish the game. Connected and set "On".

But it works even with the cheap mono headset included with every PS4, just be sure that it's turned "on". It worked for me.

I did all the demo without it and just plugged the mono headset on the DS4 for the last "level".

Best demo ever :D
I'm stuck at the last puzzle though, don't get it working even with microphone on and various walkthroughs.

Best demo ever :D
I'm stuck at the last puzzle though, don't get it working even with microphone on and various walkthroughs.

What worked for me at the first try was: (true spoiler of last level!)
pause trick: Go to radio -> 12 bells -> 10 steps to phone triggering giggles -> ~15mn pause -> exit pause & waiting -> doing nothing (not touching the controller) during 2 giggles & vibrations & phone call -> R3 on phone triggering voice -> exit to usual door -> Silents Hills trailer

Saw some playthroughs on youtube... Yeah, I'm not afraid to admit that I probably wouldn't be able to play this game by myself lol. To this day I still haven't adopted that "it's only a game/movie" mentality and I get scared pretty damn easy.

Just did it. Damn some of these "puzzles" are too hard to discover their solution. Its a matter of high intuition than intelligence.

Well damn this is seeming interesting. I love scary games but have yet to play anything as scary as Condemned Criminal Origins many years ago. I played that one in the dark with volume cranked up and loved it :) Anyone here play that game and know how the PT demo compares on the scare factor? It's been a while since I've had a good scare in a game, most "horror" games are more gory than scary but this new one is sounding really promising.

Condemned was great and certainly gave me goose bumps every now and then. That P.T. thing is on a whole different level though. I really had to force myself to proceed.

Back