SILENT HILLS

OK I couldn't finish the demo alone, just too damn scary and that's a first ever in a video game. Yeah the graphics are super realistic and it's starting to cross the line. I'm not sure if I can handle the full game now, this is some creepy shit guys don't play it alone.

At first I thought it was offline graphics within the starting point... waiting for some type of FMV cut into actual gameplay, boy I was surprised that wasn't the case. The only issue that I have with the demo, is that the grain filter is a little heavy for my taste. But I can see it's more of an artistic "horror film vibe" that they're going for.

At first I thought it was offline graphics within the starting point... waiting for some type of FMV cut into actual gameplay, boy I was surprised that wasn't the case.
Ditto! I paused for a few seconds until I discovered I can actually move the camera around, and then holy shit this is a nextgen Silent Hill game. Now going to acquire more courage to finish the demo.

i was telling myself that it's just a game but still it made me feel inconfortable, alone ine the dark (ha ha) with headphones on, it's quite immersive, and the only way meant to be played.

Let me update the formula:

PBR + IES Profiles + Chromatic aberration + DOF = realism.

UYZOWXu.jpg

Kojima just mentioned that the hardest thing he had to do with P.T. is to intentionally drop the visual and gameplay quality of the demo, so that everyone would think that this was made by indie studio. :D

He also debated initially with Del Toro wheter they want to make game that will make us "piss out pants", but they decided that they will go for full force "shit our pants". He was afraid that if the game is too scary, that people will stop playing, but at the end, Silent Hills will have no compromises. He doesn't care now if people stop playing, he will try to make it as scary as possible.

Kojima just mentioned that the hardest thing he had to do with P.T. is to intentionally drop the visual and gameplay quality of the demo, so that everyone would think that this was made by indie studio. :D

He also debated initially with Del Toro wheter they want to make game that will make us "piss out pants", but they decided that they will go for full force "shit our pants". He was afraid that if the game is too scary, that people will stop playing, but at the end, Silent Hills will have no compromises. He doesn't care now if people stop playing, he will try to make it as scary as possible.

Holy shit!!!......In my pants!!!!

i chuckled in the kojima interview about silent hills. So many poop flying around lol. he's like saying poop 5 times consecutively.

thats how scary Silent Hills is :D

@scf
he mentino dropping quality but its for the game itself or for the jungle/forest photo?

Haha, what a strange way to announce on of the biggest games of the event. This is kind of a megaton. Looks great. :oops:

With MGSV running 1080p/60 on PS4, I'm sure if they target 1080p/30 on Silent Hills, it would look stupendously realistic throughout the whole experience. Can't wait to see more and poop my newly bought Politix jeans, or should I lol?

ummm...this fucking demo is damn scary, yes, more than any Silent Hill before. If the final game is alllike this I might consider not buying it ... I mean in the end, I don't really want to "scared" scared :( !

BTW, I got stuck in the demo....or does the demo never end?
I am in the part where red lights turn on everywhere and the same hallway gets repeated/mirrored again n again. No door to go through anymore and the bathroom also does nothing
Help me out here !

Back