SILENT HILLS

Bu8k4aZIYAAEzUh.jpg

:oops:

ummm...this fucking demo is damn scary, yes, more than any Silent Hill before. If the final game is alllike this I might consider not buying it ... I mean in the end, I don't really want to "scared" scared :( !

BTW, I got stuck in the demo....or does the demo never end?
I am in the part where red lights turn on everywhere and the same hallway gets repeated/mirrored again n again. No door to go through anymore and the bathroom also does nothing
Help me out here !

Here is the solution for that part:

In normal apartment all pictures are hanging from the walls, but during "red lights" stage, one of the pictures will be on the ground. In its place in the wall is peephole that will trigger next event.

I'm a huge horror fan - games and movies alike - and man, that demo is really fucking scary. They got the atmosphere down flawlessly, so that's a relief. I'm still hoping that the real Silent Hills will offer some mechanical depth and not the random bs P.T. probably considers to be a puzzle of sorts.

it IS a puzzle. your supposed to solve it and get the trailer

Yes, but I tried the trailer yesterday, but...
after running again and again through the same corridors I gave up. Do you have to pass through the same corridors enough times before you trigger the next event ?

I watched the trailer on "TheBrads" youtube channel and indeed there's some nasty stuff.

it IS a puzzle. your supposed to solve it and get the trailer

Maybe it is. I just don't think nightmare logic makes for very engaging ones. Whatever, I doubt the final game will be anything like that anyway. Even the bad SH games had loftier goals than to merely terrorize the player. P.T. proves that the team working on Silent Hills can create a sense of dread that's absolutely peerless. P.T.'s looping hallway makes Amnesia and all the other walking simulators look like a trip to the kiddy pool. For now that is enough for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, but I tried the trailer yesterday, but...
after running again and again through the same corridors I gave up. Do you have to pass through the same corridors enough times before you trigger the next event ?

I watched the trailer on "TheBrads" youtube channel and indeed there's some nasty stuff.

Hint: R3 zooms in if you want to check things closer

OK....
I got a white screen which had a lot of text on it and I started reading but it vanished too soon :( ! it had something like " I knew you would play the game....somehting somthing...I can't forget the day 20 years ago...something something.."I had read only this much and the screen vanished and I was back in the room....the demo still continues ! Found a ghost this time, same old lady, caught me again....stuff is still changing a bit...

How do I get to the trailer...I don't want to watch it on youtube.....Just give me more hints !

BTW, the demo rocks ! This Silent Hill will be special !

Imagine playing this with Morpheus :oops:
I'd spoil my pants for sure!
Played the demo late last night with 5.1 surround sound, don't remember being so scared for long time. Though the controls and the environment are very limited, it was so good :)
What a nice surprise to know it's going to be the next Silent Hill game, this was a bit of a stealth announcement, like the The Phantom Pain in 2012. NIce one Mr. Kojima :)

I thought of the same thing as soon as I saw the first person perspective. Silent Hill would be an awesome game to try VR for the first time.

I thought of the same thing as soon as I saw the first person perspective. Silent Hill would be an awesome game to try VR for the first time.

There's already people who aren't able to play through the demo because it's too scary. Imagine with VR. This is a real health hazard!! :LOL:

OK....
I got a white screen which had a lot of text on it and I started reading but it vanished too soon :( ! it had something like " I knew you would play the game....somehting somthing...I can't forget the day 20 years ago...something something.."I had read only this much and the screen vanished and I was back in the room....the demo still continues ! Found a ghost this time, same old lady, caught me again....stuff is still changing a bit...

How do I get to the trailer...I don't want to watch it on youtube.....Just give me more hints !

BTW, the demo rocks ! This Silent Hill will be special !

Fix your spoilers ;)

What do you mean??? The teaser is not always the same everytime you play it?

kojimaaaa

it seems he play with the save/loading indicator. i have conditioned myself to think when the icon show up, the game made a progress. something will appear.

but then theres no icon although the dialogue in background is progressing. i though, "bah the player must be on wrong way".

then the jump scare came... WHY there were no loading/save indicatoooooor -___-

edit :
on one video i saw the players shadow is fidgetting like mad... so creepy

Back