Infamous vs. Titanfall sales. And WTF is 'hype' anyway?? *spawn

But given the feedback about how well it's selling, shouldn't it have hit 2 million by now? I can only think that they are waiting for the 360 numbers to come in. If that is drastically higher than the XB1 numbers then they'll lump them all together and blow that trumpet. But I bet they've got everything crossed that it is physically possible to cross that TF drove enough XB1 sales to be the higher number of units shifted (especially with the bundles).

* Thinking about it, if the sales are 2 million and it still isn't profitable then they will probably need the 360 numbers to make a good showing in their quarterly report otherwise it's just going to be a great big red hole where all those millions of dollars in advertising and buying rights from EA went. Especially as it seems that TF is the most hyped game through pure cash alone of any games this year and I'm betting last year as well.

I imagine EA is holding backing to include TF's 360 number to give a comprehensive sales figure. Could be XB1 TF global sales aren't all that impressive or EA is motivated to present a gaudy number that makes a PR splash.

I imagine EA is holding backing to include TF's 360 number to give a comprehensive sales figure. Could be XB1 TF global sales aren't all that impressive or EA is motivated to present a gaudy number that makes a PR splash.

TF seems to have done well in NA and the UK. Everywhere else it just doesn't seem to have happened. But partly that is down to MS not having XB1's available in a fairly wide swathe of countries and also the EU and others seem to have to be very wary about overly hyped games. I'd also expect the EU to be far more PC centric in sales for a MPFPS like TF.

But, yeah, I think they are waiting for XB360 numbers (220% sales increase for TF in the UK after the launch), it looks as though far more people than MS would have hoped for waited for the 360 version. With those in hand they can finally start blowing the PR trumpet about sales.

Otherwise it's one of those massively hyped moments where everyone draws a deep breath in expectation of the shocking news to come but then... Poof! Nothing happens. And everyone goes back to playing CoD, BF4, Warframe and all the others that aren't about to die with the GamesSpy server cull. Of which I believe Crysis 1 and 2 are victims.

http://www.mcvuk.com/retail-biz/charts

Top 20 All Platforms Chart

1 Titanfall Xbox 360 EA
2 LEGO The Hobbit Xbox 360 , PS3 , 3DS , Wii U , Vita , PS4 , Xbox One Warner Bros
3 FIFA 14 Xbox 360 , PS2 , PS3 , Wii , PC , PSP , 3DS , Vita , PS4 , Xbox One EA
4 South Park: The Stick of Truth Xbox 360 , PS3 , PC Ubisoft
5 Call of Duty: Ghosts Xbox 360 , PS3 , PC , Wii U Activision
6 Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition Xbox 360 Microsoft
7 The LEGO Movie Videogame Xbox 360 , PS3 , PC , 3DS , Wii U , PS4 , Xbox One Warner Bros
8 Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare Xbox 360 , Xbox One EA
9 Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag PC , Wii U , PS4 , Xbox One Ubisoft
10 Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes Xbox 360 , PS3 , PS4 , Xbox One Konami
11 Thief Xbox 360 , PS3 , PC , PS4 , Xbox One Square Enix
12 Battlefield 4 Xbox 360 , PS3 , PC , PS4 , Xbox One EA
13 Infamous: Second Son PS4 Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE)
14 Kinect Sports Rivals Xbox One Microsoft
15 Grand Theft Auto V Xbox 360 , PS3 Rockstar
16 LEGO Marvel Super Heroes PS3 , PC , DS , 3DS , Wii U , Vita Warner Bros
17 Dark Souls II PC Namco Bandai Partners UK
18 Football Manager 2014 PC Sega Europe Ltd
19 The Elder Scrolls Online PS4 , Xbox One Bethesda Softworks
20 WWE 2K14 Xbox 360 , PS3 2K Games

Last week MCV didn't mentioned XB1 TF sales, and some of you guys thought it was a typo.

Is it a typo again?

Anyhow, I did get confirmation that TF XB360 did go on sale early in most places in the UK, AmazonUK being one of them.

Edit: I believe MCV isn't factoring in TF XB1 bundles (like chart-track) and TF UK XB1 standalone sales are just low.

Better yet, let me ask you this. How big was the XB1 UK install base before TF was released?

Once you have that answer, then add up all the TF XB1 standalone sales since the release date. If the number of TF standalone sales exceeds the user base, then something is quite wrong. Or their factoring in TF bundles as well with TF standalone sales.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why would they combine all the platforms for everything except TF? I'm guessing bundles, 360, XB1 and PC are all in that one listed as "Xbox 360", though that seems strange.

http://www.mcvuk.com/retail-biz/charts

Last week MCV didn't mentioned XB1 TF sales, and some of you guys thought it was a typo.

Is it a typo again?

Do you understand that MCV uses data from Chart-track? you know that chart-track rangers already linked.

Anyhow, I did get confirmation that TF XB360 did go on sale early in most places in the UK, AmazonUK being one of them.

How early? and what kind of confirmation. Your vague BS is getting old.

Do you understand that MCV uses data from Chart-track? you know that chart-track rangers already linked.

Then the data from week to week would be the same - from both sites. MCV actually uses multiple sources, including Amazon. Which Chart-Track has no access to.

How early? and what kind of confirmation. Your vague BS is getting old.

Dude, stop - just stop. Plain and simple, I'm closer to retail than you think. But if you persist on attacking me, then I will just ignore you - that plain and simple.

Then the data from week to week would be the same - from both sites. MCV actually uses multiple sources, including Amazon. Which Chart-Track has no access to.

Wonder why it says "compiled by GFK chart-track" on that MCV piece then...

Dude, stop - just stop. Plain and simple, I'm closer to retail than you think. But if you persist on attacking me, then I will just ignore you - that plain and simple.
May I ask that you also ignore this site?
edit: also colour me "surprised" that you didn't give any info worth something to back your word. Your word = zero.

At this point I would presume that the majority of TF sales will be through bundles now as the stand alone purchasers will have finished their feeding frenzy.
yes its pretty obvious

from amazon.uk
#2 Xbox One Titanfall Bundle (Xbox One) £349.00
#20 inFAMOUS: Second Son (PS4) £44.86
#43 Titanfall (Xbox One)by Electronic Arts £33.50 <- already discounted & cheaper than the 360 version !!

yes its pretty obvious

from amazon.uk
#2 Xbox One Titanfall Bundle (Xbox One) £349.00
#20 inFAMOUS: Second Son (PS4) £44.86
#43 Titanfall (Xbox One)by Electronic Arts £33.50 <- already discounted & cheaper than the 360 version !!

Exactly. Care to guess how it looks at other UK retailers?

Umm because one (the one rangers linked) is individual formats and the one you linked is all platforms format.

Which puts XB1 "TF standalone" nowhere on the list. Noticed in MCV list, it has all the platform names (multiple platform names at each title) listed by the actual game and position. It only has XB360 listed for TF sales... which is true!.

Rangers list pertains to the highest games sales on that platform - so, XB1 number one game would be Titanfall! While PS4 number one game isn't ISS anymore... rather a 3rd party game.

CT = System specific sales.
MCV = Overall software sales.

Which puts XB1 "TF standalone" nowhere on the list. Noticed in MCV list, it has all the platform names (multiple platform names at each title) listed by the actual game and position. It only has XB360 listed for TF sales... which is true!.

The MCV chart has Titanfall all platforms combined, despite it only mentioning X360. Combined like all the other games on that list also. The one rangers linked showed that Titanfall is nr 1 and 2 individually. Yeah it looks like the clear majority of Titanfall Xbox One sales at the moment comes from bundled Hardware sales. That changes nothing for this argument, nor is there any sort of proof that MCV somehow ignores these bundled sales.

It was a typo.

Is it a typo again?

Yes.

And MVC have once again mis-labelled Elder Scrolls Online formats again. Again. Just like they have with Titanfall. It is a typo, again.

MVC use Chart Track. The giveaway is that MVC state clearly on each weekly chart that they use Chart Track.

I'm closer to retail than you think.

Not as close to UK retail as Chart Track, who MVC use as the source of their chart.

Then ask yourself, why are the numbers (positions) vastly different? Because MCV uses multiple sources!

MVC use Chart Track. They even state this explicitly.

For the time being, the positions on this chart [from MVC, sourced from Chart Track]: http://www.mcvuk.com/retail-biz/charts
and this chart [directly from Chart Track]: https://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110015

... are exactly the same.

The individual format charts based off the same retail figures are here:

http://www.chart-track.co.uk/index.jsp?c=p/software/uk/latest/index_test.jsp&ct=110032

Titanfall on Xbox One is doing great.

Game sales charts are serious business.
It reminds me of this neogaf pic;
VVFFV.jpg

From over @ GI:

Code:
UKIE Games Charts courtesy of GfK Chart-Track

Last Week	This Week	Title
3	1	Titanfall*
New entry	2	LEGO The Hobbit
1	3	FIFA 14
8	4	South Park: The Stick Of Truth
4	5	Call Of Duty: Ghosts
9	6	Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
7	7	The LEGO Movie Videogame
11	8	Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare
12	9	Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
5	10	Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
13	11	Thief
10	12	Battlefield 4
6	13	Infamous: Second Son
New entry	14	Kinect Sports: Rivals
14	15	Grand Theft Auto V
15	16	LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
16	17	Dark Souls II
Re-entry	18	Football Manager 2014
2	19	The Elder Scrolls Online
Re-entry	20	WWE 2K14

*XB360 version

Source

OK. Look, this is a boring subject and I genuinely have no idea why people care so much about the sales of Titanfall (except for the obvious, tedious, reasons).

That chart is exactly the same as the MVC chart and exactly the same as the original GFK Chart Track listing. It's the "all formats" chart where all versions are added together.

The GI article even states...

The launch of the Xbox 360 version has pushed EA's Titanfall back up to number one from three, with 71 per cent of sales for the 360, 27 per cent on Xbox One and a tiny 1 per cent on PC.

Look at their breakdown by version here and you'll see that the 360 version is no 1 and the XB1 version is no 2. This has all been said before though so I'm at a loss how people can't understand.

Back