Infamous vs. Titanfall sales. And WTF is 'hype' anyway?? *spawn

OK. Look, this is a boring subject and I genuinely have no idea why people care so much about the sales of Titanfall (except for the obvious, tedious, reasons).
I agree. I only had moderate interest in ISS vs Titanfall in the UK last week and last week only -- a friendly bet with Rangers. From this point on, ISS has little chance of outselling Titanfall because it's bundled for free. Only chance ISS has is if it receives a price cut. But then again, who cares?

Game sales charts are serious business.

I just want to clarify that I don't really care about the charts this time. If I had my way I'd rather see Infamous selling more and PS4 is the console I will buy 100% guaranteed. I prefer single player games and I like that system more. I however try not to let wishful thinking (from me or others) guide my perception of reality. I don't like people misreporting data for any reason, reasons such as bias, stupidity and/or lying are especially frowned upon here.

What took place here is that we had this discussion already a week ago. Shortbread was telling all sort of nonsense based on a typo, USA cousin and what not. People talked him down, but now he saw the same typo again and thought "I was right all along", now boldened by that false realization he proceeded to take it one step further and flatly lied to the board by saying:

Shortbread said:
Anyhow, I did get confirmation that TF XB360 did go on sale early in most places in the UK, AmazonUK being one of them.

trying to make his stance stronger. Either that was a flat out lie or an attempt to make something like if the retailers released the game a day or two early to look like it made a difference in the previous week sales chart. In reality the game was not released early on the 360 or at least not early enough to make any sort of difference in the chart. I guess there is a possibility that he simply doesn't understand that if a game is released on April 9th instead of 11th that it still doesn't make a difference in the chart ending on the 5th... My guess is he just lied.

We had the top 40 individual titles per platform list for that week and Titanfall 360 wasn't in it.

Yet Shortbread has confirmation that it released early. It's pretty silly actually. I wonder if he got that confirmation while flying to Neverland with Peter Pan. I googled a fair bit and couldn't find anything about people having it on hand early in the UK for the 360, yet apparently we have a confirmation that it was released early in most of UKs retailers and at least implied by Shortbread that it was released early enough to chart on the list ending 5th, when in fact we have the proper chart saying it didn't. I'm actually starting to see the funny side of this again :)

Back