Quantum Break [XO] (by Remedy) *large images*

Are you able to speak at any length about realistic sparks that do not leave trails when time is stopped, Jack Joyce's choice of coat, or whether any of you are able to stop time to make sure the game depicts time powers realistically?

Lets just say that being able to stop time comes in really handy when a deadline is looming :)

On a more serious note, I hope to be able to share more details in the not too distant future. Not yet, sorry!

Lets just say that being able to stop time comes in really handy when a deadline is looming :)

On a more serious note, I hope to be able to share more details in the not too distant future. Not yet, sorry!

Thanks. Looking forward to it. The game looks great.

Please do. It goes down very well as generating interest as well as being interesting, so serves a nice PR role. I'm most curious about the physics for shockwaves myself. Are the floorboards etc. individual physics objects, or are you using a cheat? I suppose the whole physics engine is worth talking about. Regional physics time is pretty rare.

The game looks fun in a way, but the graphics are still stylized. I guess that was just cheaper and easier. I don't get the sensation I'm watching a TV show.

The game looks fun in a way, but the graphics are still stylized. I guess that was just cheaper and easier. I don't get the sensation I'm watching a TV show.

I mean no offense to you sir. What do you mean stylized is just cheaper and easier?
Im not sure what platform you are playing on where games look just like tv shows.
Quantum Break isnt Madden or NBA2K it takes place in a fantasy world. I also dont see how anything hand crafted as opposed to digitally scanned is cheaper.
As far as the sense you are watching a tv show goes I am sure it was never the devs intention to make the game look seamless with the accompanying tv show.

I mean no offense to you sir. What do you mean stylized is just cheaper and easier?
Im not sure what platform you are playing on where games look just like tv shows.
Quantum Break isnt Madden or NBA2K it takes place in a fantasy world. I also dont see how anything hand crafted as opposed to digitally scanned is cheaper.
As far as the sense you are watching a tv show goes I am sure it was never the devs intention to make the game look seamless with the accompanying tv show.

Making a near photorealistic game is not easy and requires a lot of work, especially when it comes to creating realistic characters.

1- You need realistic skin which requires advanced shading, geometry, and texture work to simulate pores, wrinkles, etc. 99% of games don't bother to have realistic characters.

2 - You need realistic animation which can be hard and expensive to acquire.

3 - You need realistic hair which requires a lot of work and physics.

4 - All of the above requires a lot of GPU power so you have to spend a lot of time optimizing code.

It is much easier to make everything, or at least characters, stylized.

Watched the demo walkthrough... the level of detail between the actual gameplay and cutscenes seem different. Cutscenes seem to have a bit more geometry and better overall IQ. Outside of that, the bullet-time / slow motion events looks good, lighting/shadowing looks good as well.

You guys still don't get it, X1 games are never realistic.

/sarcasm off
Getting really fed up with fanboy crap...

I'm still not blown away. Its looks great, world timewarp effects are nice, but all those timestops and dashes break teh gameplay. Who knows, maybe the dude that played demo was responsible for irritating me. :D

Gameplay is supposed to be like that...it's called bullet time. Vanquish uses this technique and it plays fantastic.

That gameplay video looks sick...I can't wait to play it. Any preorder bonus?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back