Quantum Break [XO] (by Remedy) *large images*

I'm not going to get involved in a versus thread with another title.

The worst looking parts of Quantum Break are the parts that are just in well lit rooms with few shadows. In those places you're really getting none of the obvious benefits of the dynamic lighting and dynamic shadows. I found the color to look washed out in really brightly lit areas, and my tv was calibrated fairly well. The lab/industrial areas in a lot of the game I thought looked pretty nice. The game is very soft looking, and has a lot of issues with things like shadow acne, from what I remember, but the overall still looked good in most places. It was at it's best in areas with an abundance of moving scenery and crazy lighting, effects. There's a really nice sequence in the shipyard, for another example.

It is still a great achievement. The game started development on One before some memory and CPU resources were opened up to the developers. The concept and special effects I am pretty sure affected the workload in ways that it was expected to have an effect in other areas of the game.

Back