KILLZONE Shadow Fall [PS4]

I don'tr think this debate started because their score was low.

ANyways, Has anyone got the ps4 yet :D ? has anyone played the game? ppl are saying the opening sucks :p .
Anybody ere? Please post some screenshot and videos , we want to see those functions of the ps4.

Nope, the reason i jumped in was because of some dude that posted this:

BTW< The Polygon PS4 review ends with "Its a gaming console with no games to recommend" WTH, so BF4 and AC4 getting stellar reviews doesn't count? They run on that machine, its not as if there's nothing on it. When the fact is that these games run better on the PS4 than on any other console :rolleyes:

:)

But then again, they gave COD:Ghosts 6.5 on the PS4, XB1 got 7 because it ran better on the XB1 than the PS4, AC4 got 7.5 and BF 7.5.

So i guess they really have no games they can recommend on the PS4.

But then again, they gave COD:Ghosts 6.5 on the PS4, XB1 got 7 because it ran better on the XB1 than the PS4, AC4 got 7.5 and BF 7.5.

So i guess they really have no games they can recommend on the PS4.

Really, are they THAT "bad"?

Also don't forget that one website giving strangely critical reviews and strangely low scores to otherwise well reviewed games (or movies, or anything else produced on this planet) means more clicks just because people want to see what's going on, which means more ad revenues, which means more $$$, which means more negative reviews in the future. It becomes a vicious circle.

@Scott_Arms: why do you need to personal attack everyone? Why do you need to accuse everyone of being just another idiotic fanboy? Why do you always sense pro Sony in every post you read? Or anti MS?

----

What the hell does the Polygon review has anything to do with what I wrote? I just used it as an example that the range of reviews in the particular case saying that the game is bad (5) up to excellent (8.8)! So what can we learn about such reviews? Imo...nothing! So: what should I do if I would be interested in buying the game? Is it bad? Is it excellent? Is it mediocre? Buy or no buy? Reviews never help with this decision.

PS: I agree a lot with what Robert wrote.

_____OT:
So what about this, lets be crazy for a moment:

why doesn't B3D put out reviews? There are so many experts floating around in this forum, which should be able to put out an objective review imo! If one aspect cannot be objectively assessed due to its nature...just skip it and don't discuss it.

E.g. someone like AI and Quaz could measure the pure technical game aspects, Laa-Yosh could discuss the art aspects and in total give us a well rounded objective bias-free evaluation of the game graphics.

I am sure we could find other experts for gamedesign, gameplay, etc...

Imo, this would be a really cool and informative review which would help to classify different games :)

End of dream--------

What I expect a reviewer to do is not review the game like some overgrown manchild. When reviewers bring in their personal butthurt about the C0n50l3 W4rZ, about EA, about PSN, about Wii's graphics chip, about being forced to review kids' games, about annual releases of popular games, about not getting to play about Snake, about people not buying emo arthouse games, about exclusives, about fanboys, etc, to a review, it makes the review useless to me.

Sometimes Polygon reviews seem to lean that way.

Not an easy job it's a general observation based on many years of reading them. They are not flawless, and maybe it's easier reviewing movies.

But a quick peak so i can get what I deserve?

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/1177/celinedion_newday.html

This is a very subjective review filled with lots of pointless stuff. First the reviewer says he loves/hates Dion's music. In the the second paragraph he claims Dion has mental illness. Then he calls the show "camp" which I do not know any objective definition of.

Also, it doesn't go into details anywhere. Did they change the arrangement of the songs? Did it feel like they lip-synced anywhere? These are the things I would like to know from concert movie.

So, that was a very flawed and crappy (but entertaining) review and most game reviews are better.

E.g. someone like AI and Quaz could measure the pure technical game aspects, Laa-Yosh could discuss the art aspects and in total give us a well rounded objective bias-free evaluation of the game graphics.

Laa-Yosh has already said the art is a mixed bag and I agree having some formal training in that field.

Last edited by a moderator:
If the car has sentimental value to someone then it may very well be better than many cars on the planet to that person...
you're failing to understand

yes for a small fraction of the populace they could like this car/film/game better
but it doesnt mean its objectively statistically good

I could say Im a better fighter than world champion boxer Wladimir Klitschko. Ive never lost a fight, he has.
Its my opinion, thus its not wrong according to scott_arm & you

well have a nice day, signed 'the worlds greatest fighter to ever exist' zed

yes for a small fraction of the populace they could like this car/film/game better

I could say Im a better fighter than world champion boxer Wladimir Klitschko. Ive never lost a fight, he has.

I understand what you're saying, but the car analogy was just plain bad...

If you want an objective review then you have to measure/rate different aspects of the game and then maybe come to an "average" overall score. The overall score is still not 100% objective though it may agree with a large group of people. It doesn't mean it's more correct either. Some things you can measure quantitatively like resolution but some things you cant.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a very subjective review filled with lots of pointless stuff. First the reviewer says he loves/hates Dion's music. In the the second paragraph he claims Dion has mental illness. Then he calls the show "camp" which I do not know any objective definition of.

Also, it doesn't go into details anywhere. Did they change the arrangement of the songs? Did it feel like they lip-synced anywhere? These are the things I would like to know from concert movie.

So, that was a very flawed and crappy (but entertaining) review and most game reviews are better.

Haha, i am so surprised,i look forward to your review of the 2 other reviews.

What the fuck ... I did not say that. What part of you saying you're a better fighter than a world champion heavyweight boxer is even remotely similar to writing a review? Opinions can be wrong when they are related to things that can be disproved. I can say that it's my opinion that the Earth is flat, and that would just make me a moron. If you ask me what I like, I can say anything. Some people like awful shit. They're allowed. It's not a right or wrong answer. Some people have weird sexual preferences that I find disgusting. They're not wrong. We just disagree.

@Scott_Arms: why do you need to personal attack everyone? Why do you need to accuse everyone of being just another idiotic fanboy? Why do you always sense pro Sony in every post you read? Or anti MS?

I don't believe I've personally attacked anyone. I just don't understand how some people can get so upset about another persons opinion. People like different things. A review is just one persons opinion. If you have different tastes then them, don't read their reviews. There is nothing that needs to be corrected. There is nothing wrong with subjectivity in reviews. Bias or other unprofessional behaviour is different. But some people like what I think is awful crap. Back when I worked in a video store, I had a guy come back and demand a refund for the movie Three Kings. He said it was the worst thing he'd ever seen and even mentioned something to the effect of, "I don't know how anyone could like this. Everyone is hard on Battlefield Earth, but I think it was the best movie of the year."

Just say why you are/aren't buying SF.
It's IMO way more interesting than a debate about reviews or reviewers that is anyway totally OT.

I also enjoy the irony of people, that haven't even played the game, complaining that the review is not objective enough, because the score is not as high as they want it to be.

There is no irony, the person who reviewed KZ mocked the title on Twitter. I think its perfectly reasonable to expect that reviews should be done by people who aren't so controversial. If KZ is a bad game its a bad game most just feel Arthur isn't the most object to make that judgement and shame on the editor for thinking it was a good idea to proceed.

Scott I dont know if youre aware but often developers are monetary rewarded by the metacritic rating. i.e used as motivation to get them to make a better game. whilst whether this is good or not is moot.
It occurs, now do you think its right for some reviewer to artificially lower their rating due to some personal agenda(*) (and just say its opinion) and cost people that worked hard on it money?

(*)cause they dont like the developers/platform, or being controversial in order to get web traffic to their site (so they gain money where the developers lose it)

----

What the hell does the Polygon review has anything to do with what I wrote? I just used it as an example that the range of reviews in the particular case saying that the game is bad (5) up to excellent (8.8)! So what can we learn about such reviews? Imo...nothing! So: what should I do if I would be interested in buying the game? Is it bad? Is it excellent? Is it mediocre? Buy or no buy? Reviews never help with this decision.

PS: I agree a lot with what Robert wrote.

_____OT:
So what about this, lets be crazy for a moment:

why doesn't B3D put out reviews? There are so many experts floating around in this forum, which should be able to put out an objective review imo! If one aspect cannot be objectively assessed due to its nature...just skip it and don't discuss it.

Imo, this would be a really cool and informative review which would help to classify different games :)

End of dream--------

If you don't mind waiting months for me to finish a game then I will help! I like to savor things and rarely ever speed.

The best way to handle review is to find a reviewer that has similar tastes to yours. There's no point in reading reviews from people who dislikes what you like and viceversa.

Well isn't that what we already get, just scattered around countless posts on countless threads?
If anything we need an editor to put all the different expert views in one place. I nominate Shifty cause clearly he has far too much time on his hands.

Back