News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would anyone every assume this applies to the XB1? It clearly applies to PC's.

I know it definitely applies to PC's BUT it just shows that Windows 8.1, coming out in Nov coinciding with AMD launch etc.. , this is the new generation PC , a hybrid system ...

Just suggesting that Xbox One would do well to be targeting a PC like setup of this rather than the traditional CPU + GPU ...

Anyway I like the idea of these Hybrid Systems and the APU (GPU+CPU) being the standard...

I thought Plex was based of XBMC?
If it is then yes, it does do all that. Well xbmc does anyway.
Ah, I see. I did not know that. You do have to buy, install, and configure one of those third-party DVR "backends" as well, however.

So, great. If XBMC or Plex shows up on the XB1 in future, then all I'll have to do is completely re-jigger my tuner and DVR back-end to use it! Super! Crisis averted.* This is much better than just continuing to use the best-in-breed Microsoft system I have had in place for years.

Sorry for ranting. This is just the last straw for me. And a minor one at that. I have been rationalizing as hard as I can the last few months. Trying to give MS every benefit of the doubt. Trying to see my way clear to remain in MS's console ecosystem. That should be the avenue of least resistance, shouldn't it? Stay with what you know? Stay where my friends are? (Or, were?)

But no. Microsoft seems intent on running away from me just as fast as they can.

Fine. Go. Hopefully they'll do really well with their imaginary demographic of folks that want to buy a $500 box that lets them remote-control their rented cable box, all of which will magically enable them to... watch TV.

* Not actually a crisis. I wasn't planning on replacing all my extenders with XB1s, anyway. It's the principle of the thing.

i mean... the box still plays games... it just does all the rest ALSO. meaning TOO. Meaning IN ADDITION. I feel like these last several months have been bizarro world in console land... now xb one has to be an mce or else they let you down? WHAT?

No. None of those other TV streaming solutions support proper cable card support for copy once flagged media, which is nearly every single cable channel depending on your provider. This is because no one but Microsoft has payed the license fee to implement Playready DRM.

You can use other back ends in the US for analog signal or for component capture but not for Cable card digital channels. This means you will need one capture device per stream. With cable card you can multistream up to 6 streams/channels at once using 1 cablecard with the ceton device.
My bad, I should have thought to say I have no idea how it is in the US or other territories.

That seems like very old news, in that we have been beating that to death for a week now. Don't know what was further clarified or what was in question.

That seems like very old news, in that we have been beating that to death for a week now. Don't know what was further clarified or what was in question.

I thought it was five countries will only support voice command not ten with only the "Xbox on" command supported by five.

Sorry if late.

Maybe it has clarified a few things. My mind isn't processing well enough today. I think it needs more sleep.

It's so difficult to keep track of the MS missteps as they always tends to come in such a flurry and gets discussed on every possible angle. Tough to keep track what was said, what was inferred by reasonable minded discussion participants, and what was implied by forum warriors. Though I suspect they (MS) will then follow up with yet another clarified clarification. It's such a circus, and not in a good way. :???:

Will keep this out of tech talk, Albert replied that (paraphrasing here as I can't link from this app) he was not aware of a dGPU rumor.

Nokia talk moved here.
I am still reading that thread, not even halfway there to be honest, but I wouldn't mind if they purchased Sega in the upcoming future. It would be very interesting to have a Sonic mascot just like in the good ol' days along with something like the Master Chief.

I myself am really looking forward to Xbox 1. It seems MS is really fine tuning every screw in this system to insure a quality product and experience.

Considering graphics of unveiled games like Forza 5 and RYSE and 68GB/s bandwidth of DDR3 Ram suggest that this rumours are not going to happen.

It seems like you could have picked better examples to pick on cause both those games have pretty great gfx. Maybe Titanfall and DR3 or something?

Just a little odd.

But yeah I find these seemingly constant rumors of secret power in the Xbox amusing.

At this point given the recent modest upclocks I'm pretty happy with the thing. It says something good to me that MS cares enough to bother with those upclocks, too (even if it may just be to avoid falling out of porting range of PS4). If they were being stupid they could have pulled a Nintendo and said "we just dont care about the power of the box at all" and done absolutely nothing.

I mean when the downclock rumors were swirling I said I thought the XB1 was a good box I would be satisfied with, at 1.2TF, but anything less I thought started to get dicey. Now they've gone ahead and actually bumped it up a little, cant complain.

I really wish they'd tried to bump the GPU up a little more, to 900(+), but oh well. I mean I always want more.

At the height of the rumor daze I heard MS supposedly had 1Ghz GPU, 12GB Xbox One prototypes laying around. No idea if true, but that would have been best possible!

I continue to find the timing of the reveals these little clock boosts interesting. I honestly wonder if they release these when they think it's too late for Sony to respond.

Late edit: In recent weeks we have seen a apparent drastic increase in ESRAM bandwidth along with these other two increases. Not too shabby from a holistic perspective.

Maybe it has clarified a few things. My mind isn't processing well enough today. I think it needs more sleep.

It's so difficult to keep track of the MS missteps as they always tends to come in such a flurry and gets discussed on every possible angle. Tough to keep track what was said, what was inferred by reasonable minded discussion participants, and what was implied by forum warriors. Though I suspect they (MS) will then follow up with yet another clarified clarification. It's such a circus, and not in a good way. :???:

I think its just steps. The rampant perception, overanalysis and faux outrage is what comes in a flurry. :LOL: My ONLY problem with MS wrt to Xbox One was the reversal. I liked the system as revealed in May.

MS let forum warriors and the AntiMS media get in its "head".

Nope, it can do many things the 360 can't, and almost everything it can. Including hooking up to your MC, although only through HDMI in right now. Just because it doesn't include an almost unused, and, frankly, boring feature, does not make it less capable.

Media center as a product is essentially dead. Next I assume you want it to include analog out and the capability to connect to Novell Netware servers?

lol netware and it's sister STD, Groupwise. Oh the horror :(

Well it's all over GAF, apparently twitters in the know state MS will be announcing the release date today.

I still like the Wednesday before Thanksgiving release date, but that could be problematic given the massive travel that happens in the US. I think they wont go for the same day as PS4, perhaps the week after on a Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back