News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, no external storage at launch.

No external storage at launch is no big deal for me...given that I won't be able to fill up the standard 500GB HDD for some time. MS needs to get the external storage thing right like enabling 4TB external drives and streaming videos etc from them. I hope they use the extra time to allow it.

Last edited by a moderator:
No external storage at launch is no big deal for me...given that I won't be able to fill up the standard 500GB HDD for some time. MS needs to get the external storage thing right like enabling 4GB external drives and streaming videos etc from them.

I don't mind either, but I'd like to have one eventually. I'm also not sure if the stories are confusing game installs to external drives or external drives for other media. In either case I'm ok with it, but I hope they don't take too long in adding it. Thought it was worth mentioning if someone had grand storage plans for launch.

So ms' s plan for this generation was to release a new product thats less capable than an 8 year old product ?

This is just going to cost them customers. I am one of them.

I guess they prefer to launch at 2013, even if they must cut some features instead going to a 2014 launch.

I guess they prefer to launch at 2013, even if they must cut some features instead going to a 2014 launch.

It be diffrent if they gave a time frame for these features but they burried the fact it wouldnt be supported in a ign ama.

Im so digusted with ms and the xbox group rigjt now its not even funny

It be diffrent if they gave a time frame for these features but they burried the fact it wouldnt be supported in a ign ama.

I think they are prioritizing some features before MCE support, and I guess the MCE client is one of the last features to implement (if really they want to support it).

I really feel bad for people that was expecting some (nice) features, like in your case.

"Microsoft is a disaster" drumbeat while they rake in about 6 billion dollars a quarter every quarter. And probably their video game division is also more profitable than anybody else's for a while now. Just saying.

Personally I dont really know what media center extender is. Never used it.

Did i say disaster? but compared to what they could be if they fulfilled their potential i guess you are right with your choice of words :)

So really you didn't want an Xbox one. You wanted a cheap easy mce. ok

So really you didn't want an Xbox one. You wanted a cheap easy mce. ok

No if youve read my posts at all you would know the features im interested in are useless if I have no way of getting my tv service to it. Along with the drm changes that I was against and you can see why im not interested in the one anymore

I don't view it as cheap and easy, I was viewing it as an upgrade to the 360 MCE with added VC. So I was preparing to shell out $2.5k to upgrade my setup of extenders.

No doubt I can keep on doing what I am doing, and after some quick research that does appear to be my best option. My wife refuses to use other options for example, not kidding, that is funny though. I created that monster. Ha

I am just confused by what exactly an all in one games/tv box actually is. They won't fully show us and I argue it is silly at this point. It is a long console war, but the consumers should be informed properly of features. MS has been horrible here for years, Zune, Phones, OS, etc. I don't get it. Both Sony and MS though have me baffled on the lack of full messaging.

There is no Media Center team. At all. Period.

Maybe the rumours of an Xbox one having an APU+dGPU isn't so far fetched, look what I found whilst looking for some help doco on DX...

Windows 8.1 enables the 'Hybrid System' an Apu + dGpu setup.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/dn265510(v=vs.85).aspx

if anything im looking fwd to a windows 8.1 hybid system ��

Considering graphics of unveiled games like Forza 5 and RYSE and 68GB/s bandwidth of DDR3 Ram suggest that this rumours are not going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back