News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does MS need a conference or event to announce the release date? They could tweet it and the world would know within 120 minutes (probably more like 20). This is the internet age!

Why does MS need a conference or event to announce the release date? They could tweet it and the world would know within 120 minutes (probably more like 20). This is the internet age!

Because people don't have reliable internet connections, or bad routers, or power outages or bandwidth caps. :runaway:

They should follow the dribble of news paradigm of this upcoming generation's launch PR and announce the release date one digit at a time.

Because people don't have reliable internet connections, or bad routers, or power outages or bandwidth caps. :runaway:
Hey, if they insist on using the full four digits of the year, I go over.

On the plus side, at least companies seem to have moved on from 'viral' campaigns - obscure websites with odd names and odd images and hidden buttons that lead to more obscure clues that lead to no information whatsoever. We've been spared some boring e-papertrail to uncover the mystery of the XB1 launch date.

Any bets on US launch date? Anybody think MS will want to ship before or after PS4? Personally I think shipping after PS4 might be bad, but if they can steal press away from Sony it might be worth it. That's provided it's good press. LOL The only wildcard here is CoD Ghosts. The 360/PS3 versions are shipping 10 days before the PS4 version. With their exclusives they may want to ship at the same time. Being able to play the next-gen CoD 10 days before the other platform would be a good incentive for people to pickup XB1 over PS4. But how many CoD players haven't already pre-ordered? Then there is the anniversary dates. November 15 is the anniversary of the original Xbox & Xbox Live. And November 22 is the anniversary of Xbox 360. I seriously don't see MS going for November 15(PS4) or 22(too late), but MS has already made some crazy decisions lately. So who knows. I do expect a Friday launch though. Tuesday might make sense for games, but you really want gamers to buy the system & have a 3 day weekend to play with it. Will be interesting to see what they decide on. Who wouldn't want to be a fly on the wall during that meeting? Anyway, my guess is they ship November 1. It's a "one" and it's the Friday before CoD. That would give them 2 weeks before PS4. Gives them enough time to work out any kinks before PS4 ships & might just sway some to drop PS4 pre-orders if it gets good enough press. Bad thing is finding an XB1 will be difficult. The buzz might drive eBay sales or could backfire & they buy a PS4 instead. Decisions, decisions...

Tommy McClain

Remember that when I pre-ordered mine the GameStop clerk told me Nov 5th (X1), and later Nov for (PS4). He works at GameStop, and he told me that, so he has to know...right...guys??? :rolleyes:

In other unrelated real news - Xbox live show to be streamed tomorrow.

Via - http://majornelson.com
PLUS We’ve got a live show from the Xbox Booth on Thursday starting at 6pm local time.
It will be available to watch LIVE (and on demand following the show) directly on your Xbox 360.

On the plus side, at least companies seem to have moved on from 'viral' campaigns - obscure websites with odd names and odd images and hidden buttons that lead to more obscure clues that lead to no information whatsoever. We've been spared some boring e-papertrail to uncover the mystery of the XB1 launch date.

ARG's. Alternate reality games or whatever.
Microsoft say that Xbox One will never sell without Kinect. This finally shoots down any hope for an Xbox One Kinect-less bundle, yay!

Like there's no way to turn off DRM, right? :LOL: I guess it does give an indication of their thinking though. Maybe.

Also his actual quote is much less bold than the headline

When asked if the Xbox One will always come with a Kinect, Harrison responds, "Correct. Xbox One is Kinect. They are not separate systems. An Xbox One has chips, it has memory, it has Blu-ray, it has Kinect, it has a controller. These are all part of the platform ecosystem."

Like there's no way to turn off DRM, right? :LOL: I guess it does give an indication of their thinking though. Maybe.

"Correct. Xbox One is Kinect. They are not separate systems. An Xbox One has chips, it has memory, it has Blu-ray, it has Kinect, it has a controller. These are all part of the platform ecosystem."

I think you can't sell a system without memory.

Yes but

Phill Harrison "We will never sell Xbox without Kinect"

VS

When asked if the Xbox One will always come with a Kinect, Harrison responds, "Correct"

The latter is much less strong to me.

Yes but

Phill Harrison "We will never sell Xbox without Kinect"

VS

When asked if the Xbox One will always come with a Kinect, Harrison responds, "Correct"

The latter is much less strong to me.

Well, considering the question was whether the Xbox One will always come with Kinect, what are you expecting? Saying, "Correct" basically means that the Xbox One will always come with Kinect.

Were you expecting a, "HELL YEAH!" or "God damn right it will!" or "I'll be a dead and rotting corpse before we release an Xbox One without a Kinect!" :)

I mean there are lots of PR ways to dodge around the question. Something like "Yes, the Xbox One will launch with Kinect." That would leave some wiggle room. But basically saying "yes" doesn't leave much ambiguity.

Regards,
SB

Well, considering the question was whether the Xbox One will always come with Kinect, what are you expecting? Saying, "Correct" basically means that the Xbox One will always come with Kinect.

Were you expecting a, "HELL YEAH!" or "God damn right it will!" or "I'll be a dead and rotting corpse before we release an Xbox One without a Kinect!" :)

I mean there are lots of PR ways to dodge around the question. Something like "Yes, the Xbox One will launch with Kinect." That would leave some wiggle room. But basically saying "yes" doesn't leave much ambiguity.

Regards,
SB

MS have done enough 180's they can do another.

It's different being asked a question and answering to the best of your knowledge at the time than volunteering that something will "never" happen.

Didn't they also say Kinect had to be plugged in at one time? The system has been nothing but reversals, so dont be surprised at another.

I still maintain it's all about sales of course. If Kinect Xbone sells well then you will never know about any thoughts of removing it.

The quote seems pretty cut and dry to me. They're saying Kinect is as integral to the Xbox One as memory, and they wouldn't sell it without it.

I think you can't sell a system without memory.
Exactly he's saying is that as far as MS is concerned, Kinect is integral and there is no use in selling it without... he is trying to impress how serious they feel it IS the ONE and not a peripheral that some could do without.

That for a mere $100 many will get much more value than that from it and until we get our hands on it and see if they are right, complaining about it is useless and shortsighted...

At least that's my interpretation. :smile:

MS have done enough 180's they can do another.
Exactly. I remember similarly resolute statements on the system's DRM policies days before they announced their first big change.

The best you can say is that, as of now, Microsoft have no plans to sell One without Kinect. However if it sell bad, or sells well but they find a lot of people are using it without Kinect attached, they will certainly look at this again.

Never say never.

Exactly. I remember similarly resolute statements on the system's DRM policies days before they announced their first big change.

The best you can say is that, as of now, Microsoft have no plans to sell One without Kinect. However if it sell bad, or sells well but they find a lot of people are using it without Kinect attached, they will certainly look at this again.

Never say never.

I agree that the statement is not a 100% proof, but the statement is clear, now, they not have intentions of selling Xbox One without Kinect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back