News & Rumors: Xbox One (codename Durango)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy we still don't have a release date. I need to research when xbox and 360 release dates were announced. Has the One hit the FCC yet?

They're probably waiting to see what Sony do. If Sony actually deliver on this rumoured October release I'd expect Microsoft to move heaven and hell to ensure their November launch is early in the month.

They're probably waiting to see what Sony do. If Sony actually deliver on this rumoured October release I'd expect Microsoft to move heaven and hell to ensure their November launch is early in the month.

that is exactly the problem now wit MS. They keep chasing Sony. They need to get in front of the game. Skate to wear the puck is going to be, not where it is...

Crazy we still don't have a release date. I need to research when xbox and 360 release dates were announced. Has the One hit the FCC yet?

They announced Xbox 360 price for North America & Europe on August 17, 2005...

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/news/press/2005/aug05/08-17EuropeNA360PricePR.aspx

They announced launch date on September 15, 2005...

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/news/press/2005/sep05/09-14TokyoGameShowManuPR.aspx

So they're still in line with the 360 launch(even announced price about 3 months earlier).

For the original Xbox, the launch date was announced on September 21, 2001...

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/news/press/2001/Sep01/09-21xboxlaunchpr.aspx

Pricing was announced on May 16, 2001...

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/news/press/2001/May01/05-16xboxlaunchdetailspr.aspx

Guess we'll hear launch date at TGS on September 19.

Tommy McClain

Nahh, Ms has always been like this. By not announcing now they still got at least one more free press just to announce a release date.

Nahh, Ms has always been like this. By not announcing now they still got at least one more free press just to announce a release date.
Because when Sony announced PS4 in February and Microsoft stayed schtum for three months, that worked out well PR-wise :???:

Dicey if it's a conscious decision not to announce rather than them legitimately not knowing for sure yet.

Because when Sony announced PS4 in February and Microsoft stayed schtum for three months, that worked out well PR-wise :???:

Dicey if it's a conscious decision not to announce rather than them legitimately not knowing for sure yet.

I'm not saying that's a good idea, but that's how Ms operates XD

They love having the media attention to release small tidbits every once and while.

And CBOAT strikes out. It's easy to claim that your "insider" is 100% accurate if you conveniently forget all the times they weren't. Of the 7 "truthfacts" in the latest missive, two are provably false, two can never be proved, and are speculation, and three are unknown, and I'm suspecting at least one of those is false, the others I don't know about.

Nah it was just translated wrong by the followers. /Stealth edit: Sarcasm

Hmm where is Ekim any way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think that's fair.
Obfuscating claims to the point of unintelligibility shouldn't be a free pass on being called wrong.
My philosophy is less forgiving, and I would rather attribute multiple wrong interpretations on the original claim than construct the correct one that should have been given in the first place.
By doing so, a clear claim that has the guts to take a position is wrong but once, while a prediction that can be twisted about ten ways is ten times wrong.
If one interpretation is potentially right, it should be weighed against the inherent hedging of requiring intermediaries to state your own claim back at you.

"You can't tell if it's wrong" should be mirrored by "nobody can tell if it's right".

Other than that though, any chance for a closedly synchronized global launch for MS?
The 360 had a US-EU gap of 10 days, could it be shorter this time without Japan?

Suppose it launches before Thanksgiving in the states...

And CBOAT strikes out. It's easy to claim that your "insider" is 100% accurate if you conveniently forget all the times they weren't. Of the 7 "truthfacts" in the latest missive, two are provably false, two can never be proved, and are speculation, and three are unknown, and I'm suspecting at least one of those is false, the others I don't know about.

Yeah, neogaf has turned from informational to affirmational. Any anti-ms rumors are given weight as a true leak. Its a weird culture there now. If any cboat rumors get proven false (GPU downclock), they just say he never said that. Don't even get me started on the yield issues rumor. Every cutting edge chip has yield issues, its a relative problem.

You guys are dangerously flirting with the stupid new forum policy about discussing the legitimacy of sources. So any rumour that sounds reasonably plausible is discussed, even though the source lacks any credibility.

http://kotaku.com/ubisoft-clue-hints-at-a-late-november-xbox-one-release-1172312333

I think it will be week before black friday like Kotaku speculates 11/22 likely..

More likely to be the 26th if the same week as Black Friday. The 19th if they don't wish to give too much lead time to the PS4. The 12th if they want to try to match the PS4.

I chose those dates because historically consumer electronics and entertainment launches on a Tuesday (I used to work in retail a long time ago) in the US. Of course, there's always a chance that Microsoft could say the hell with it like Sony did and launch on a different day than Tuesday, but IMO, Tuesday is the most likely day if I'm going to speculate.

So I'll guess the 26th. It's strange that Amazon is guessing the 27th though as they would know that most consumer electronics and entertainment usually gets released on a Tuesday. After all, games for the current and next gen consoles will be coming out on Tuesdays (Watchdogs on the 19th for example). Although launch day titles will release the same day as the consoles.

Regards,
SB

yea time to put those "rumors" in the FUD bin

that is exactly the problem now wit MS. They keep chasing Sony. They need to get in front of the game. Skate to wear the puck is going to be, not where it is...

yea and skating to the $499 Kinect puck worked out well for them after Sony dropped the Eye and price to $399 at last minute

You guys are dangerously flirting with the stupid new forum policy about discussing the legitimacy of sources. So any rumour that sounds reasonably plausible is discussed, even though the source lacks any credibility.

I think the rule more or less is that we're not supposed to debate the validity of the actual source, just the rumors that the source claims right?

The thing is if the source gets enough of these wrong and the rumors themselves lack any news worthiness, people are naturally going to look upon the source with suspicion.

For example, claiming that MS has no chance of making an Oct release date is ridiculous when MS has always stated that they are going for a November release. It sort of like parroting in carbon copy reverse. lol! You're claiming something as being a secret and also a negative AFTER it was already officially declared.

Negatively spinning previously established information DOES NOT make for a news worthy nugget.

I think the rule more or less is that we're not supposed to debate the validity of the actual source, just the rumors that the source claims.

The thing is if the source gets enough of these wrong and the rumors themselves lack any news worthiness, people are naturally going to look upon the source with suspicion.

For example, claiming that MS has no chance of making an Oct release date is ridiculous when MS has always stated that they are going for a November release. It sort of like parroting in carbon copy reverse. lol! You're claiming something as being a secret and also a negative AFTER it was already officially declared.

Negatively spinning previously established information DOES NOT make for a news worthy nugget.

yes and I'll say it again.. it is FUD pure and simple. even if a few of them are correct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back