Sony Press Conference 2011

I've pretty much given up on LBP now. My latest movie receives rave reviews from the people who play it or watch it, yet it's only had 25 plays. As a creative medium the work:reward ratio just isn't there for anyone who doesn't break into the 'big league' of recognition. That also negatively impacts my enjoyment of other people's creations, so I prefer to find entertainment in other titles. For me personally, Move support in LBP2 comes too late.

When they release Move support, I'm just going to make my own game for me to play. I really don't understand this sharing crap for reward. If I create something, my sole reward is if I enjoyed the game, nothing else. I'm not creating to please other people or for recognition at least not in LBP2. It's stupid to approach the game that way IMHO.

LBP2 is not a great game, but freaking Move lack support and looking at this E3 it might die by the next, so I hope I can make games that I had in mind for it through LBP2. That's it really.

The one thing I was most surprised about was the complete lacking of anything Final Fantasy in their conference. On the verge of a FF13-2 release they didn't show anything. In fact, there was not even a mention of it at Microsoft's press conference. A missed opportunity for Square to market their squeal.

Compared to the 3DS, about how much more powerful is the PSV? 3DS is more powerful than the PSP which was about PS2 quality graphics and the PSV apparently capable of around Xbox 1 level graphics according to Eurogamer. The problem is I don't see how that will really give them the edge over a 3DS that's at the same price point. The PSP was an entire generation ahead of the DS but eventually the DS won still.

I can see Sony trying to make PSV a serious general media platform which would make it compete with smartphones and tablets. It's graphics chip is the same as the one in the iPad 2 but it has double the number of cores so it could have the best mobile graphics for quite a while but then it's also less than half the price of an iPad and can fit in your pocket so there's a lot of advantages. I hope that Sony is aggressive in integrating netflix/hulu/etc if they want to go down that path.

I think half of Vita's magic will be the game/software library (because of powerful GPU), the other half is the dual sticks. The social/community service is a wild card right now. Not much is shown. NetFlix, Hulu etc. should be there by way of Playstation Suite. They are all HTML apps anyway.

EDIT: The other missing piece is PS3 integration. "Transfarring" from cloud save is nice but depends on too many things (Need to develop separate version of Vita game, and the game must be addictive)

Does the specs sheet has been revealed, I completely missed the event (too late in my time zone) and I've no access to gaming website at my job)?

EDIT thanks Patsu but the link is filtered too. Let's no derail the thread I'm going to wait till I'm at home.

Last edited by a moderator:
The one thing I was most surprised about was the complete lacking of anything Final Fantasy in their conference. On the verge of a FF13-2 release they didn't show anything. In fact, there was not even a mention of it as Microsoft's press conference. A missed opportunity for Square to market their squeal.

TGS would probably be a better place for it. FF is dead really, I don't think Square can push Sony to present FF title at Sony conference like they used too.

Probably TGS. I think SE needs to address FFXIV first... and then of course there are still FFXIII Versus (PS3) and Type-0 (PSP/Vita).

Compared to the 3DS, about how much more powerful is the PSV? 3DS is more powerful than the PSP which was about PS2 quality graphics and the PSV apparently capable of around Xbox 1 level graphics according to Eurogamer. The problem is I don't see how that will really give them the edge over a 3DS that's at the same price point. The PSP was an entire generation ahead of the DS but eventually the DS won still.

I don't know where Eurogamer is getting that Xbox 1 comparison. The PSV is basically a full hardware generation beyond the 3DS, too. We're talking about more than 4 times the resolution, fast MSAA, an exponential increase in fill rate and geometry, support for programmable shaders and better texturing, 3-5 times the memory, the list goes on.

When they release Move support, I'm just going to make my own game for me to play. I really don't understand this sharing crap for reward.
Because you're not an artist. ;) LBP isn't any one thing in particular, so won't be viewed in the same way by different people.

...but freaking Move lack support and looking at this E3 it might die by the next, so I hope I can make games that I had in mind for it through LBP2. That's it really.
I agree. LBP2 would have been a great platform for Move experimentation. Hence my confusion why it's so late. But really, that should be expected from Sony! Always late to the party. ;)

Firmware 3.65:
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/06/07/psp_save_data_on_ps3/

Version 3.65 of the PlayStation 3's firmware, available today, has something special for PSP players. When you you have a PSP connected to the PS3, you'll be able to copy your PSP save data to the PS3. This will allow you to backup your PSP data, although its availability is dependent on the game.

The new firmware also has the usual stability fixes for PS3 software.

TGS would probably be a better place for it. FF is dead really, I don't think Square can push Sony to present FF title at Sony conference like they used too.

As of May 2010, FFXIII has already sold 5.5 million copies. I'm pretty sure Sony would be really happy for more dead franchises like that.

According to this post of unsubstantiated numbers, you're right. FF hasn't got the glory days of 10 million players, but it hasn't had since FFVIII. 6 million so far is one of the series' better sellers.

Hey joker454, it's your buddies @ Zindagi Games. Another Move title... looks like a next step for Sports Champions.

Yeah they have lots of move stuff going on over there, gonna meet a friend from Zindagi at E3 today and check things out. He tends to have more patience at waiting in lines than I do though lol.

Yeah they have lots of move stuff going on over there, gonna meet a friend from Zindagi at E3 today and check things out. He tends to have more patience at waiting in lines than I do though lol.

Can you ask them if Medieval Move is on-rail ? Looks that way to us but in case there is optional navcon or second Move controller support.

Back