Jason West and Vince Zampella fired from Infinity Ward/Activision

As expected, really, anyone who doubted this would happen were fooling themselves.

On the other hand the new COD looks very, very nice too.

I think it looks terrible. Same dated engine, same old MW style talentless crap in the trailer.

Casuals seem really excited for it. Will sell bucketloads.

All the writers gone? Guess we'll never see the REAL end to the Modern Warfare story :(
Modern writing is crap. Stories aren't created as stories with endings, but eternal middles, stretched out to sequels as the market allows, and then capped with some mis-mash nonsense when the franchise has run its course and the money men decided to stop financing the 'story' platform. Just make up you're own ending - it's what the writers would have done, not having any story-arc outlined from the beginning and designed to span 3 titles.

Okay, not the end but perhaps the next chapter. I'm sure they had something in mind for what happens after MW2. Even if none of this business had happened the current MW story would have probably ended eventually, but the Modern Warfare series would have continued with different characters and situations to satisfy the big wigs. That's what I believe anyway ;)

Well whatever that "something" is will still be there. Unless they kept it locked in a super secret safe that only they had access to and noone else at IW. :)

It'll just be different writers expanding on whatever outline they had for what followed MW2...

And not like West and Zamp went a publisher not known for running franchises into the ground. EA is just as bad if not worse. Heck I have a hard time thinking of any publisher that hasn't run a few franchises into the ground (I assume that's what's meant with sequel following sequel following sequel till people are tired of it).

Activision are no worse or better than any of the other AAA pubs.

Regards,
SB

Do the other AAA pubs have an obnoxious public figure everybody hates as well? ;)

Heh, you got me there, I don't think anyone else has a lightning rod that's quite as open and outspoken as Kotick. :D I think the only other person in the gaming industry that is as open and willing to share exactly what he's thinking is Molyneux. Everyone else just does the exact same things but keeps their mouths shut about it. Either that or tells you want you want to hear, and then does the same things as Kotick. :p

Regards,
SB

Latest Update from http://www.cynicalsmirk.com/who_remains_at_infinity_ward.html

When Infinity Ward released Modern Warfare 2, there were 105 unique employees I have received word that the writer, Jesse Stern and his assistant Aaron Tracy were not formal employees of Infinity Ward, as well as confirmation that the two ATVI people were not as well. So that would make the actual IW employee count at the end of Modern Warfare 2 to be 101 people.

As of July 5th 2010, 46 have been terminated or resigned and are denoted with a strike. I will note that it appears 2 of these 46 people left before this rift between Activision and Infinity Ward went down.

(3 of 10) 30% of animators/technical animators/mocap people are gone
(8 of 22) 36% of artists/concept artists are gone
(16 of 23) 69% of designers and scripters are gone
(12 of 15) 80% of engineers are gone
(5 of 5) 100% of writers are gone
(13 of 16) 82% of leads/directors from these departments combined are gone

Engineer Jon Davis has left back on June 21st and artist William Cho mentioned on his Twitter account that he is no longer with IW. That makes them numbers 45 and 46, respectively. Thanks for the tipsters for that!

Also, designer Jake Keating is at least number 34 over at Respawn.

Also, I remember reading a couple of weeks ago on Kotaku that IW are hiring. I'm sure they always were hiring these past few months, given the situation. However, they must have really started ramping up because they bought banner ads to announce they were hiring. Either they are not finding (enough) quality candidates or the quality candidates are just not applying given what they heard about working there.

There was a story?

If there was, it very clearly went off the rails with MW2. Modern Warfare was pure genius with its focus on intelligence gathering and counter insurgency.

The full scale russian conventional attack on the US in MW2 is the dumbest plot in a game. EVER..

Cheers

If there was, it very clearly went off the rails with MW2. Modern Warfare was pure genius with its focus on intelligence gathering and counter insurgency.

The full scale russian conventional attack on the US in MW2 is the dumbest plot in a game. EVER..

Cheers

I hope Patrick Swayze slaps you in the face
red_dawn_ver3.jpg

Cheers

Isn't the new Red Dawn movie remake predicated on a North Korean invasion of the USA? Talk about a thousand times more unrealistic.

Considering China doesn't have enough Naval force to be able to launch a potent assault on Taiwan.

Edit: Ahh never mind, looking at IMDB Red Dawn 2010 is about a Russian/Chinese invasion of the USA. It was some podcast I was listening to that had said it was North Korea.

Is it safe to say Modern Warfare has jumped the shark and is on its way out?
Well, in case sequels to MW2 sell less than the roughly umpteen million copies this latest iteration did, then you might say yes, it's "on its way out". However, it and its inevitable sequels may still sell many many millions of copies based on previous reputation of greatness (deserved or not) before Kotick has managed to run the fucker completely into the ground.

At this poiont it's worth mentioning I heard it on the rumour mill that the next COD:MW involves Hitler riding a dinosaur across the sun, although it's running behind schedule becomes of the complexities of their raytraced chrome shader.

At this poiont it's worth mentioning I heard it on the rumour mill that the next COD:MW involves Hitler riding a dinosaur across the sun, although it's running behind schedule becomes of the complexities of their raytraced chrome shader.

Does it haz zombies if not i wont buy it.:rolleyes:

Edit: Ahh never mind, looking at IMDB Red Dawn 2010 is about a Russian/Chinese invasion of the USA. It was some podcast I was listening to that had said it was North Korea.

Russia + China isn't exactly believable either. US Navy is larger than the next 13 largest navies combined.

Russia + China isn't exactly believable either. US Navy is larger than the next 13 largest navies combined.

Heh yeah. When I heard the North Korea invaders in Red Dawn thing, the only thing I could think was they were chosen as one of the only "safe" bad guys for a land invasion (obviously, terrorists are out). I mean after all, you might want to sell your movie in Russia and China these days.

Back