Formula 1 - 2010 Season

According to Joe Saward, Webber actually signed the papers the night before the Turkey race so who knows. It all smells of poop, though.

not really sure how Vettel pased Sutil, there was no replay where I watched it.
The feeling was like he simply pushed so hard that Sutil's choice was to get points or let Vettel go ahead.
I'm dissapointed that Button made no real attempt to pass Rosberg

Vettel jammed it up on the inside of a slow corner. It was a "win or bin" more.

I'm wondering if Schmacher will retire at the end of this season or live out the contract. I'm thinking if he doesn't have a breakthrough race by the end of the season, he might just give it up.

Rubbish stewarding. How can you give back a position to a car which has retired? In situations like this before, no penalty was awarded. The "under investigation" notice came after Kubica had retired.

And then the SC, basically Alonso was doubly shafted.

Also I thought Alonso was just ahead of Kubica before he was forced out of the track. That's really unfair ruling. I mean I've seen plenty of cars gaining advantages by going off track at the start of the race all the time. I thought the ruling was as long as you're forced to do it to avoid accident you're in the clear. From the onboard replay Alonso could have easily made that corner but Kubica forced him off, what can he do?

Think precidence. Hamilton and Kimi at Spa is still remembered by a lot of people...
But that wasn't really the same. Hamilton didn't let the situation stabilise before he overtook again. Edit: ah you are referring to the fact that Kimi retired shortly after. You are right, in that way it is similar. It was only 2 laps until the end, though.

Clearly, if Kubica hadn't retired, Alonso would have let him past. He couldn't because Kubica retired and then the SC came out and you cannot serve a penalty under SC conditions.

Edit2: I dug up our discussions from the 2008 thread regarding Hamilton and Räikkönen. It starts here. I stand by what I said, stripping Hamilton of the win was supremely harsh, just as penalising Alonso was. Both were unfair.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is another case where stewards took too long to make up their minds about incident on a track. If decision would be taken within 1-2 laps there wouldn't be a problem. I really think Alonso and Ferrari are getting most of the bad luck in F1 lately.
But we can't blame only FIA for the situation. If Alonso would give place immediately back to Kubica and overtook a lap or two later, problem wouldn't exist.

On another topic, Webber did drove really well but things aren't looking rosy inside RBR.
Also well done to Hamilton for really good weekend on his side. Button did fine job coming up the field (helped by couple of incidents and retirements).
Rubens in Williams showed his skill and how quickly one team can turn the fortunes.
Kamui well within the points was a nice surprise as well.

More to come in 2 weeks time and I hope Renault will sort out balance problems with new diffuser :)

You are right, Lightman. The stewards have been too slow lately.

Kobayashi is starting to live up to the potential he showed last year. Very nice. Barrichello and Williams should be proud because they are doing well. Rosberg too, Schumi must be smarting.

It was beautiful to see Webber sticking it to Red Bull. Helmut Marko can suck it. Go Webbo!

Alonso = worst luck ever.

If it werent for the safety car the penalty wouldn't have seemed *that* bad. Stewards too way way too long to do anything.

Thats because they probably switched decisions. The BBC had a interview with Kubica during the race and he said that Alonso was going to let him pass. But than his car broke down and the stewards probably started looking at it again. Basically they blamed Alonso for Kubica's car breaking down.

Did you see Top Gear
Rubens beat the Stig and is the fastest F1 driver ever
Yeah!

He did beat everyone and still had bad gear change on that lap! Probably loosing another 0.1-0.2s :D

Besides I do agree on this occasion with Clarkson that Maserati was the car to buy!
When I win lottery or score big deal then this car (or GT model) will be on my shopping list as a family car :cool:

Yes, even Clarkson noted he finally got to win something. :D

It's a bit of a shame that Rubens was held back during his Ferrari days when he was partnered with Shumacher. I find him a far more likeable character, although I'm sure he can be just as arrogant as any other F1 driver.

Regards,
SB

I don't understand why everybody seems to like him so much. I think he is a crybaby. If he didnt want to be #2 at Ferrari he should have left the team instead of complaining about it. He did the same crybaby stuff at Brawn.

Back